Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    Originally posted by m a x View Post
    Justice is neglected and disrespected by many until it comes.
    Yes, it's called a war. ..
    Apart from the legal matters it is actually who wins a war. But as far as there are criminals from each side it is more likely those who try to prevent war

..a toothless tiger is really good for display but it ain't scaring no one and it hell ain't scaring Netanyahu. ..
    Scared, war criminals may aren't until they realize that are about to lose. Legal justice is far from animals' view of life, it ceases to breath within war times, and takes over again thereafter. ICC has never been meant for display. The announcements by federal USA and Netanyahu's Israel have already started to prove it
    Last edited by m a x; 15 Jun 20,, 20:51.

Comment

Whatever. I'll take 4000+ American nukes over ICC's toilet paper judgement anyday of the week.
      Chimo

Comment

You cannot sanction Justice, as Justice is going to sanction You

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54003527

Comment

What about the innocent men and women killed on 9/11 & 26/11? Have their perpetrators being bought to justice? Have those in KSA with links to Al-Qaida, and the generals of Pakistan being bought to justice? Terrorists do not deserve justice. Terrorists do not deserve human rights. Any lives lost, in ensuring terrorists are done justice with through the use of bombs and guns are valid self-defence measures, are collateral damages on the battlefield. No democratic professional military intentionally kills innocents. And those who do, are brought to justice, unlike authoritarian regimes.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

This is about a Subject of International Law, what neither terrorists, nor the prosecuted under ICC jurisdiction represent. Such reckless act of USA federal authorities to impose sanctions over International Criminal Court personnel for doing legitimate job is already making every other act of USA unilateral sanctions malfeasant. It is going to have very serious consequences over USA reputation, fueling arguments of those under USA sanctions for being victimized by a criminal state
            Last edited by m a x; 03 Sep 20,, 20:54.

Comment

A whole biunch of hogwash. No one is co-operating with the ICC. Not the US, not NATO, not the Afghan Government and not even the Taliban. Just a publicity stunt that will go nowhere. There is no way for the ICC to collect evidence without co-operation of those involved.
              Chimo

Comment

EU and France have already denounced the new move from Washington -- https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020...ptable-says-eu . Clearly as of NATO only USA and Turkey do not comply with ICC jurisdiction. Afghanistan is a member signatory of the ICC Rome Statute and there have already been collected enough evidence of committed war crimes that are in due process of prosecution

Comment

Old news. EU denounced it but no counter sanctions.

Yeah. From alleged victims

https://www.icc-cpi.int/afghanistan

Kabul ain't allowing the ICC in and the ICC can't do squat.
                  Chimo

Comment

Don't worry, there are gonna be counter sanctions. If somebody thinks the civilized world is ready to cooperate with a federal state that not only omits seeking responsibility for committed war crimes by its military staff members, but hides those criminals from International justice and moreover starts to sanction the International justice personnel for trying to hold the war criminals accountable, think again. I heard Pompeo speak on this issue about „kids, who served in Afghanistan“ -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROlZc_-uXuU -- but even these criminals are girls, as in the case with Lynndie in Abu Ghraib Iraqi prison -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Gh...prisoner_abuse -- responsibility for unresolved crimes as evident has already been taken to federal level and there accordingly is to be expected the retribution

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                      What about the innocent men and women killed on 9/11 & 26/11? Have their perpetrators being bought to justice? Have those in KSA with links to Al-Qaida, and the generals of Pakistan being bought to justice? Terrorists do not deserve justice. Terrorists do not deserve human rights. Any lives lost, in ensuring terrorists are done justice with through the use of bombs and guns are valid self-defence measures, are collateral damages on the battlefield. No democratic professional military intentionally kills innocents. And those who do, are brought to justice, unlike authoritarian regimes.
                      That maybe all true but not what the article is really about. the article is about sanctions. You know the ones we have used against authoritarian characters such as those found in Russia and China. All this is is a SLAPP suit which Trump has used throughout his life against people he didn't like or didn't cave to his wishes. One may argue about what they do but sanctions? Come on...

President Donald Trump issued an executive order in June, which allows the US to block the assets of ICC employees and stop them entering the country.

Comment

Originally posted by m a x View Post
                        Don't worry, there are gonna be counter sanctions. If somebody thinks the civilized world is ready to cooperate with a federal state that not only omits seeking responsibility for committed war crimes by its military staff members, but hides those criminals from International justice and moreover starts to sanction the International justice personnel for trying to hold the war criminals accountable, think again. I heard Pompeo speak on this issue about „kids, who served in Afghanistan“ -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROlZc_-uXuU -- but even these criminals are girls, as in the case with Lynndie in Abu Ghraib Iraqi prison -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Gh...prisoner_abuse -- responsibility for unresolved crimes as evident has already been taken to federal level and there accordingly is to be expected the retribution
                        I have news for you. No one is slapping counter sanctions no matter what you want to believe. No legislation moving forward. No policy being drafted. Nothing.

Get your facts straight. Abu Ghraib was prosecuted under American Criminal Law and the UCMJ, not the ICC. The ICC held no jurisdiction.

Also, if you have not noticed, Russia also withdrew from the ICC and China did not sign. The three biggest powers on earth do not recognize the ICC. That makes the ICC a very small fish in a very small pond.

Also if you haven't noticed, neither Canada nor the UK is allowing any investigation into their armed forces in the FYR nor Afghanistan and in the case of the UK, Iraq also. The QR&O takes jurisdiction over the ICC. About the only thing the ICC can prosecute in the west are freelance mercs.

A very small fish in a very small pond.
                        Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 04 Sep 20,, 18:57.
                        Chimo

Comment

I am on the news on 24/7 basis and well aware of what is moving forward. Justice is not measured by quantitative variables. The point is not how big ICC is in military terms, while we have already discussed this geopolitically -- http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...=1#post1065505 -- but whether the federal USA is covering up its Pentagon's war crimes. Grouping it along with Russia and China again is just to show where it stands, as neither of these apparently is going to play the central role within a global community. I know other countries have also tried to hide their criminals from Justice, but no one so far has been so stupid to impose sanctions on ICC personnel

Comment

I have been around this horse puckey for over 40 years. If it ain't written down, it ain't going to happen no matter how much sunshine anyone is trying to blow up your butt. And even then, without the military muscles to enforce those papers, they're nothing more than grandiose standings that might as well be use for toilet paper.

I can point to you report after report after report the UN and other international bodies got around ... and nothing happened.

China and Russia is not going to play a central role in a global community? On what planet?

And I have news for you, everyone has sanctioned the ICC. Only they call it Entry Denied.

With this very specific case about Afghanistan, Kabul ain't allowing the ICC in and the Taliban certainly isn't extending an invitation. They migjht not call it a sanction but the effect is the same.
                            Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 05 Sep 20,, 01:50.
                            Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                              That maybe all true but not what the article is really about. the article is about sanctions. You know the ones we have used against authoritarian characters such as those found in Russia and China. All this is is a SLAPP suit which Trump has used throughout his life against people he didn't like or didn't cave to his wishes. One may argue about what they do but sanctions? Come on...
                              Not maybe, they are true. My point is, someone comes into my home and kills my people, I go to his home and kill him. In ensuing crossfire, his people might get killed, who were innocents. Sh!t happens. Did American go to Afghanistan or KSA or Pakistan to kill Taliban or Al-Qaida pre 9/11? Did India invade Pakistan to be rewarded with 26/11? We have to live with the fact that war is ugly and there will always be collateral damage.

Now, Trump being Trump, I really don't fantasise his dumb policies. Like leaving a certain organisation or cutting funding for some organisation. What happens then is China takes the lead. This should not have happened. What I feel is, this current US administration is short on diplomacy and big on rhetoric. There is no one to stop the President making poor decisions. He has alienated NATO to some extent, other allies. With diplomacy, the Trump administration could have taken EU and other allies together and acted against China, it would have been a hard slap. But, again, my post was about US, not Trump. Trump is here today, gone tomorrow.

tbm3fan, enjoy this administration till it lasts. Write a book about this Presidency and earn some million dollars. And since I gave you this idea, don't forget to share a percentage of the revenue from your book sales.
                              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

And I have news for you, everyone has sanctioned the ICC. Only they call it Entry Denied.
                                Savage. LMAO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X