Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook employees stage a virtual walkout over Zuckerberg's inaction on Trump posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
    Honestly, the 60s and before are too culturally alien for me to judge.
    He just called us all dinosaurs.
    Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
      I do believe your perspective is a bit overboard.
      Which part? That FB was not his original idea, that he stole it? That Mark is a pompous ass, or that he's too money minded to stop propaganda that his platform dishes out in the millions everyday, or that his platforms were the reasons for lynchings in India, and even then he didn't do nothing about it. I have a lot of respect for Gates, even though he built a crap OS and made billions. Look at the work he's doing in India or 3rd world African countries. Giving away so many billions of USD to philanthropic causes (healthcare, sanitation etc). Young people should emulate Gates, not Mark.

Or did you get offended by my mention of the term 'left'. If one thinks about the economy, he/she is centre-left, and they have my support. But burning down the country, looting shops, ....., for what? A President that they do not like? Misplaced priorities. They have a choice come November.

One more thing, of all the people who make it to the top tech companies, very few are from poor backgrounds. It's because people who have the means, go to top colleges, pay exorbitant fees and graduate with knowledge and skills. Some of these people have a sense of entitlement built in them, since they got everything they asked from their parents.

I'd highly recommend not going overboard as you run the risk of missing a lot that is good in every generation. Blanket statements serve no purpose other than being another line in the sand. We have enough lines now...
      Agreed. I was not blaming the whole generation, and if I sound like that, I apologize. There's good and bad in everything, and I know that.

P.S.: FB and WhatsApp should be banned. If someone doesn't like my views, please feel free to migrate to TikTok.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Yeah, don't lump us Millennials in with those damn Zoomers. We suck, too, but at least we are our brand of suck, like thinking the 90s were actually a good time culturally when they were pure crap.
        Some great bands that came out in the 90s:

#1. Metallica
        #2. Radiohead
        #3. Foo Fighters
        #4. The Wallflowers
        #5. RATM
        #6. STP
        #7. Pixies
        #8. Dream Theatre
        #9. Dave Mathews Band
        #10. Hootie & the Blowfish, and counting.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Pulp Fiction. Other than that, ahhhhh!
          I was going to get upset but then you mentioned the greatest movie ever made. Now you are like one of my top 3 favorite members of this board

Comment

I'm kind of curious. What decade would you consider to be a good time culturally?
            Ah, so the 60s would be considered to far back in time to be noted?
            Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
            I was going to get upset but then you mentioned the greatest movie ever made. Now you are like one of my top 3 favorite members of this board
            Lol. The sense of humor is amazing. You guys are old, and I am slowly getting there. No one wants us or our views. :D
            Last edited by Oracle; 04 Jun 20,, 02:24.

Comment

Every single movie Tarantino makes is great. Forest Gump was very good, and it won the Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post

#1. Metallica (80s band)
                #2. Radiohead (80s band)
                #3. Foo Fighters
                #4. The Wallflowers
                #5. RATM
                #6. STP (80s band)
                #7. Pixies
                #8. Dream Theatre (80s band)
                #9. Dave Mathews Band
                #10. Hootie & the Blowfish, (80s band)

and counting.
                5 out of 10 ain't bad.

Comment

5 out of 10 ain't bad.
                  Well I listened to them in the 90s, but yeah, I was wrong.

Actually the generation of the 50s, 60s and even 70s are very cool. I talk with some of them (whoever is alive), and their perspective in all things is just amazing. They may not know how to work on a computer, but they can build an almirah with some basic tools and leftover wood. They know everything. They built the post WWII world I live in now, so, yeah, they are brilliant.

Comment

any 90s culture list is crap if it doesn't have Basic Instinct and Office Space.
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

^ Yes, those legs. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post

#1. Metallica
                        #2. Radiohead
                        #3. Foo Fighters
                        #4. The Wallflowers
                        #5. RATM
                        #6. STP
                        #7. Pixies
                        #8. Dream Theatre
                        #9. Dave Mathews Band
                        #10. Hootie & the Blowfish, and counting.
                        Metallica circa 1981 Los Angeles

I should read further down before... I see GG got the band mistakes better than me as I was sure of Metallica. Obviously GG is quite the musicophile.
                        Last edited by tbm3fan; 04 Jun 20,, 18:31.

Comment

Metallica circa 1981 Los Angeles

I should read further down before... I see GG got the band mistakes better than me as I was sure of Metallica. Obviously GG is quite the musicophile.
                          I didn't cross-check, I listed some of the bands I listened to in the 90s. I assumed they were from the 90s. I'm mostly not wrong about music. But, big mistake.
                          Last edited by Oracle; 05 Jun 20,, 02:39.

Comment

Mahatma Gandhi’s statue at Indian Embassy in Washington desecrated

Black lives matters protestors desecrate brown Gandhi's statue.

'So sorry': US envoy to India apologises over desecration of Gandhi statue in Washington

And, the US ambassador to India apologies.

Comment

I think Office Space is a cult film and Basic Instinct's Interesting Plot is entirely overwhelmed by the internet (which itself is the most remarkable development in recent times, and not just for all the Interesting Plot!)
                              "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

^Has its moments : D

Comment

Working...
                                X