Here’s How Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s Killer Was Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here’s How Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s Killer Was Arrested

Nitin has a backstory to how forty five years later, one of Mujib's killers was apprehended. After hiding in India under various identities for over 25 years

Mujib, at the time was warned by RAW chief Kao that there was a conspiracy to kill him but he didn't take it seriously.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Apr 20,, 05:10.

Sheikh Mujibur Rahman: Army officer hanged for murder of Bangladesh's founding president | BBC | Apr 12 2020

Says here he's already been hanged

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Nitin has a backstory to how forty five years later, one of Mujib's killers was apprehended. After hiding in India under various identities for over 25 years

Mujib, at the time was warned by RAW chief Kao that there was a conspiracy to kill him but he didn't take it seriously.
      Yes.

What did Bangladesh give us for the man. A decade of co-operation against terrorists? I don't think so.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Pretty fast, aren't they.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

He'd already been sentenced back in 2009.

One thing that separates Bangladesh from Pakistan is the nature of the coups.

In Pakistan the coups aren't violent.

The leader does not get killed at the time of the coup, what happens after is another question.

But in Bangladesh its very violent.

A coup by definition there means a leader has to be killed before he can be succeeded.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          What did Bangladesh give us for the man. A decade of co-operation against terrorists? I don't think so.
          I'm wondering how he managed to evade us for that long. Or did we enable him : )

Can't survive 25 years in India under numerous identities otherwise.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Apr 20,, 21:03.

Comment

He'd already been sentenced back in 2009.

One thing that separates Bangladesh from Pakistan is the nature of the coups.

In Pakistan the coups aren't violent.

The leader does not get killed at the time of the coup, what happens after is another question.

But in Bangladesh its very violent.

A coup by definition there means a leader has to be killed before he can be succeeded.

I'm wondering how he managed to evade us for that long. Or did we enable him : )

Can't survive 25 years in India under numerous identities otherwise.
            If you consider Bangladesh's history, they haven't been very pleasing to us in their initial days, up until the 2000s. You know what I mean. What did we get in return is what is puzzling here.

Comment

I'm actually surprised you would say this. Wasn't ULFA's senior cadre holed up there ?

What about the numerous people they've turned over in the past few years.

Comment

I'm actually surprised you would say this. Wasn't ULFA's senior cadre holed up there ?

What about the numerous people they've turned over in the past few years.
                Why didn't we send in the ass sooner. That is my question. You can be 100% sure, IB is very active in NE and Kashmir. Even R&AW guys. So, our intel guys knew. Why now? What did we get? Certainly not goodwill. What would we do with Bangladesh' goodwill? We got something, and for the F in me, I can't figure that out.

CPEC/go easy on relations with China directive to Bangladesh? What?

Comment

Why didn't we send in the ass sooner. That is my question.
                  Ah yes, that was my first thought as well : )

How about a simple answer.

We knew where he was, then we lost him, we found him again after who knows how long and finished the matter before we lost him again.
                  Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Apr 20,, 01:47.

Comment

Ah yes, that was my first thought as well : )

How about a simple answer.

We knew where he was, then we lost him, we found him again after who knows how long and finished the matter before we lost him again.
                    Nah. It doesn't take decades for the fiction you wrote. :D

Something else is cooking here.

Comment

Nah. It doesn't take decades for the fiction you wrote. :D

Something else is cooking here.
                      Well, we weren't going to do anything for them unless Hasina was in power.

She only entered office in 2008. Then they cooperated with us for a few years and still do.

It takes until 2020 for us to reciprocate. A decade, not decades.

The part that surprises me is he chose India to reside in after she first entered office in 1997 which is when she overturned the immunity he had until then.
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Apr 20,, 02:32.

Comment

^ No arguments as of now. I'll wait until I come across something/anything.

Comment

I think i get what you were trying to say. After all the cooperation nothing and then one fine day this.

What more did they give/promise us to sweeten the deal ? hmm...

Comment

3 suspected Bangla cattle smugglers killed

No thread for this, so posting here. Poor people who have cows depend on its milk for cash income, and cow dung for agriculture fertiliser. If someone tries to steal their cow, these type of incidents follow because people are fed up with the police not acting on their complaints and losing their only source of income. Barak Valley, Dhubri are both notorious for cattle smuggling, as also Meghalaya route to Bangladesh. Same thing happens in other parts of India. It's not right wing goons killing muslims. It's ordinary people saving their only source of income.

TOI reporting the incident, 3 Bangladesh cattle thieves lynched in Karimganj
                            Last edited by Oracle; 20 Jul 20,, 13:47.

Comment

Working...
                            X