the I hate phone solicitors club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the I hate phone solicitors club

I get a lot of phone solicitors calling this number but today I received two bad calls from international numbers which is something new for a start. Here are those numbers.

1-89*954-779526
    1-86*554-923048

I wasn't aacustomed to seeing 12 digit numbers on my caller ID, so I did an online search to find out what countries these calls were coming from and come to find out 89 is Camnada and 86 is China. Receiving international calls is unheard of for me, let alone two international prank calls in the same day. How could you go ahead and say that these calls aren't connected to eachother and/or from the same source?

I hate phone solicitors. Recently Trump ordered the solicitors to quit their operations because the barrage of harrassment they were leveling at American families was actually degrading the quality of life. So, now that they moved to communist countries to resume operations they can get as invasive as they'd like without fear of reprisal.

Some phones can block out all callers that aren't listed on your phone book. When I purchase my next phone thats what I will be getting. Welcome to my phone solicitor haters club.
    Last edited by Wonderful Plans; 06 Mar 20,, 23:46.
    Hit the grape lethally.

Originally posted by Wonderful Plans View Post
    Some phones can block out all callers that aren't listed on your phone book. When I purchase my next phone thats what I will be getting. Welcome to my phone solicitor haters club.
    White list only. Interesting but could cause problems of its own. Not every number i don't know is a spam call.

My phone does allow to block numbers or a range of them. You could check if there was a pattern and do it that way

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      White list only. Interesting but could cause problems of its own. Not every number i don't know is a spam call.

My phone does allow to block numbers or a range of them. You could check if there was a pattern and do it that way
      I started closely monitoring these calls about two months ago when they started. There is a pattern that appears to follow my phone habits, so perhaps they are made with machines or a computer program. Most of the numbers are from far out locations while a small number of them are local. Oftentimes the solicitations left on voicemail dont match the content of the scam when you do actually call them back.
      Hit the grape lethally.

Comment

I mean patterns in the numbers that call you. Does your current phone allow to block numbers that were of a certain pattern ?

For instance if you do not know anyone from 89 and China, you could block by country code. Then review the blocked calls later.

China is 86 but i cannot find any country for 89. It's an unassigned country code.
        Last edited by Double Edge; 07 Mar 20,, 00:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
          I mean patterns in the numbers that call you. Does your current phone allow to block numbers that were of a certain pattern ?

For instance if you do not know anyone from 89 and China, you could block by country code. Then review the blocked calls later.

China is 86 but i cannot find any country for 89. It's an unassigned country code.
          I could block single numbers and that is all. It would be pointless to block numbers one at a time. Responding personally usually has a greater effect.
          Hit the grape lethally.

Comment

I could block single numbers and that is all. It would be pointless to block numbers one at a time. Responding personally usually has a greater effect.
            Ah, single numbers won't work, you'd be playing whack a mole there. My phone allows to block a pattern so on the basis of country codes is possible.

Quite an annoying hassle to deal with. I've heard people relate.

Comment

I can relate with an Xacto knife.
              Hit the grape lethally.

Comment

Responding personally usually has a greater effect.
                Yeah but this wastes time not to mention an annoying distraction.

Here's an old trick you can use if you aren't aware already.

Pick up and say nothing.

If it is a robo-call then very often the call will terminate after a couple of seconds. That's because there is equipment which listens for an answer before connecting you with a human being that you don't want to speak to.

On the other hand, if the call is important then the person on the other end will undoubtedly start speaking, even if you don't say anything straight away.

Comment

Tons of apps out there to do what you want. Google call blocker apps
                  Chimo

Comment

You know somehow i assumed he was talking about a land line phone.

Comment

That's a $30Cdn investment

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Phone-Landli...gAAOSwZDVcydzC
                      Chimo

Comment

I'm getting a landline phone.
                        Hit the grape lethally.

Comment

VOIP or POTS? VOIP you can usually use a web access to program your blockage. With POTS (Plain Old Telephone System), that little contraception sold by eBay can block numbers by specific numbers (including unknowns or Private), Prefix, Area Code, Country Code. Can go upto 1500 numbers. Most phones I've seen only goto 20.

Surprised you're still using landline. Cell maybe too techie but I rather not be paying two bills for the same service.
                          Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                            VOIP or POTS? VOIP you can usually use a web access to program your blockage. With POTS (Plain Old Telephone System), that little contraception sold by eBay can block numbers by specific numbers (including unknowns or Private), Prefix, Area Code, Country Code. Can go upto 1500 numbers. Most phones I've seen only goto 20.

Surprised you're still using landline. Cell maybe too techie but I rather not be paying two bills for the same service.
                            The last time I owned a landline was in 2006 and there was no option, just a landline. I couldn't answer that because I do not know. What matters is that I won't be carrying around a location device with me. Hackers can get all the numbers out of your phone book, remote control your phone, activate your camera and microphone... its a spies dream. I can't wait to get rid of mine. I will check my messages on a real answering machine when I go home, not retrieve them from a monitored spy network through a second phone number. I think its a great idea. The only people who would oppose are accessing my phone remotely right now.
                            Hit the grape lethally.

Comment

You've got to be shitting me. Trust me. You're not that interesting. Nor that important. People who put through such efforts want a return on their time, effort, and money. You ain't it.

You've got a landline. Don't you think it's easier to track all your incoming or outgoing calls from one single location? Plus, it's POTS, meaning no compression nor decompression of data, ie no encription.
                              Chimo

Comment

Working...
                              X