X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
    here you go.

https://soundcloud.com/paul-szoldra/...dore-roosevelt

f*cktard is the least i'd call him. he backtracked by saying he doesn't actually think Crozier was stupid and naive, implication being that Crozier was a knowing traitor instead (remember, Modly called Crozier's actions "a betrayal").

so let's see, he flew 8000 miles to insult Crosier, not to his face but to his crew, then chewed out the crew, and left. and he "apologized" later on with that passive-aggressive statement.

if this were 50 years ago, he'd be the type of guy who would have a grenade "accidentally" roll into his tent.

Esper needs to act.

====
    EDIT: apparently Esper was the one who told Modly to apologize. figures Modly wouldn't have the decency to do so himself. this is insufficient. fire him.
    Sigh...

I go sigh because one would think this stuff is easy to see. On the Facebook Carriers forum there is apparently a lot of ignorant people who fault the Captain for bringing the carrier to Vietnam. Clearly not in the Navy but yes they do believe the Kool-Aid despite the obvious. Another group screaming a pandemic was happening and Vietnam should have been avoided by the Captain. Of course refusing to follow his orders would have also gotten the Captain into deep sh*t. Then there is the fact that Vietnam had only 16 cases on March 4th. This is, at minimum, 40% of the population. So sigh as I know now what it must be like for salmon trying to swim upstream...

Comment

• not Trump's place to advocate for unproven drugs with serious side effects. there's already reports of people poisoning themselves because they don't know any better.
      A lifetime of stupidity, and probably boozeled to those two physically healthy people sitting in the same room drinking fish tank cleaner.

===
      Media just mad my president is dunking on them :)
      To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

• I don't bother with the MAGA crowd anymore. talking to them just results in shitty memes and conspiracy youtube links.

it took a long while to process, but the same crowd that could slime POWs and Gold Star parents will slime -anyone-.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• They werent maga people, the lady who survived the fish tank cleaner cleansing was a hilldog supporter.

Two people who didnt have the China flu amd nearing retirement age were sitting in one room and who may have hated the president, decided to drink fish tank cleaner to protect themselves from the China flu....

https://youtu.be/2v3vlw14NbM
          DR. MICHAEL RYAN, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, W.H.O. HEALTH EMERGENCIES PROGRAMME: In most parts of the world, due to lockdown, most of the transmission that’s actually happening in many countries now is happening in the household at family level.

In some senses, transmission has been taken off the streets and pushed back into family units.

Now, we need to go and look in families to find those people who may be sick and remove them and isolate them in a safe and dignified manner.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Last edited by troung; 07 Apr 20,, 18:41.
          To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

• Originally posted by troung View Post

===
            Media just mad my president is dunking on them :)
            "Dunking on them"? Yeeeeaaahh....I'm gonna go ahead and sort of disagree with you there?

But just out of curiosity....how do you figure that?
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I don't bother with the MAGA crowd anymore. talking to them just results in shitty memes and conspiracy youtube links.

it took a long while to process, but the same crowd that could slime POWs and Gold Star parents will slime -anyone-.
              Just imagine if Obama was still president. One military exercise in Texas and we were all going to be dragged off to empty Wal-Marts, microchipped, then thrown into FEMA camps and executed....

And yet those same people would let Trump shit in their mouths if meant that some "lefty" had to smell it.
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Trump removes watchdog tapped for $2T virus rescue oversight

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has removed the inspector general tapped to chair a special oversight board of the $2.2 trillion economic package intended to help businesses and individuals affected by the coronavirus, officials said Tuesday.

Glenn Fine, the acting Defense Department inspector general and a veteran watchdog, had been selected by peers last month for the position. Now it’s unclear who will oversee the rescue law.

The move threatens to upend the rigorous oversight that Democrats in Congress demanded for the huge sums of money being pumped into the American economy because of the virus.

It’s also part of a broader conflict between Trump, a president averse to outside criticism, and the watchdog community tasked with identifying mismanagement and problems inside government agencies

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi criticized Trump’s removal of Fine, saying he is moving to “undermine oversight.” And Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer swiftly condemned Trump’s action.

“President Trump is abusing the coronavirus pandemic to eliminate honest and independent public servants because they are willing to speak truth to power and because he is so clearly afraid of strong oversight,” Schumer said in a statement.

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., who led Trump’s impeachment and subsequent Senate prosecution, told The Associated Press that Trump’s actions were “designed to neuter any kind of oversight of his actions and that of the administration during a time of national crisis, when trillions of dollars are being allocated to help the American people.”

Trump’s removal of Fine follows his late-night firing on Friday of Michael Atkinson, the intelligence community inspector general who forwarded to Congress a whistleblower complaint that ultimately led to the president’s impeachment in the House.

On Monday, the president also publicly condemned the acting Health and Human Services watchdog over a survey of hospitals about the coronavirus response.

Trump has bristled at the oversight of the coronavirus law, suggesting in a statement last month that some of the mandates from Congress were unconstitutional.

“I’ll be the oversight,” Trump declared as lawmakers were finalizing the rescue plan.

He has also drawn criticism for naming a White House lawyer to a new Treasury Department position overseeing $500 billion in coronavirus aid to industry.

Michael Horowitz, the Justice Department inspector general and chair of a council of watchdogs, had moved quickly last month to appoint Fine the head of the new coronavirus oversight board.

But Fine will no longer be able to serve in the role because Trump has nominated a replacement inspector general at the Pentagon and appointed an acting one to serve in Fine’s place, according to an email from an assistant Defense Department inspector general that was obtained by The Associated Press.

The demotion disqualifies Fine from serving on the oversight board, which was created by Congress to be the nexus of oversight for coronavirus funding. He will instead revert to the position of principal deputy inspector general.

Democrats immediately criticized the move. House Oversight and Reform Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., said Trump’s actions are a “direct insult” to American taxpayers.

“President Trump has been engaged in an assault against independent Inspectors General since last Friday in order to undermine oversight of his chaotic and deficient response to the coronavirus crisis,” Maloney said.

Republican Sen. Charles Grassley, a longtime whistleblower advocate, tweeted at Trump not to view inspectors general as critics, though he didn’t mention Fine by name. He said the officials hold the federal bureaucracy accountable.

The only "dunking" that Donald Trump is doing is on the American taxpayer.

Comment

• welps, Modly just resigned.

good riddance. although he should have been fired, not allowed to resign.

bet no one is clapping his dumb arse out.
                  Last edited by astralis; 07 Apr 20,, 20:55.
                  There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

here you go.

https://soundcloud.com/paul-szoldra/...dore-roosevelt

f*cktard is the least i'd call him. he backtracked by saying he doesn't actually think Crozier was stupid and naive, implication being that Crozier was a knowing traitor instead (remember, Modly called Crozier's actions "a betrayal").

so let's see, he flew 8000 miles to insult Crosier, not to his face but to his crew, then chewed out the crew, and left. and he "apologized" later on with that passive-aggressive statement.

if this were 50 years ago, he'd be the type of guy who would have a grenade "accidentally" roll into his tent.

Esper needs to act.

====
                    EDIT: apparently Esper was the one who told Modly to apologize. figures Modly wouldn't have the decency to do so himself. this is insufficient. fire him.
                    He has resigned as Acting Navy Dept. head. Oh boy, we can now get another "Acting" Navy Dept head. This is turning into the Apprentice: Washington DC. Or Survivor: Washington DC. Take your pick.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/polit...ump/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                      He has resigned as Acting Navy Dept. head. Oh boy, we can now get another "Acting" Navy Dept head. This is turning into the Apprentice: Washington DC. Or Survivor: Washington DC. Take your pick.
                      Dumpster Fire: Washington DC
                      Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

• State by (selected) State

In the second half of March, first-time unemployment claims rose 9.53 million above the same period a year earlier. The distribution is interesting.

California lost 986,700 jobs, or 10.4% of the national total. In 2019, initial claims in the Golden State were 18.5% of the total, so California is doing relatively well.
                        New York: 420,709 jobs lost, 4.4% of the total vs. 7.3% in all of 2019.
                        New Jersey: 306,951 jobs lost, 3.2% of the total vs. 4.5% in 2019.
                        Michigan: 429,468 jobs lost, 4.5% of the total vs. only 3.4% in 2019.
                        Ohio: 456,260 jobs lost, 4.8% of the total vs. only 3.3% in 2019.
                        Illinois: 275,084 jobs lost, 2.9% of the total vs. 4.4% in 2019.
                        Pennsylvania: 760,914 jobs lost, 8.0% of the total vs. 6.6% in 2019.
                        Texas: 404,314 jobs lost, 4.2% of the total vs. 6.1% in 2019.
                        Florida: 290,656 jobs lost, 3.1% of the total vs. 2.9% in 2019.
                        Massachusetts: 321,502 jobs lost, 3.4% of the total vs. 2.7% in 2019.

These 10 states account for 61% of the initial claims filed in 2019, but less than half (4.75 million, or 49.8%) of those filed in the second half of March, 2020.

I don’t know why.
                        Trust me?
                        I'm an economist!

Comment

• File this one under "You're doing it right"

U.S. sales of alcoholic beverages were up 55 percent in the week ending March 21, according to Nielsen. Spirits sales were up 75 percent in the same period, wine sales were up 66 percent, beer sales up 42 percent.

As consumers stocked up at the grocery store, large formats saw considerable growth. The 1.5 liter format that was declining before the COVID-19 crisis, is now growing at the same rate as 750 ml bottles. Three-liter box wines were up 136 percent in the week ending March 21 while 5-liter boxes were up 66 percent.

https://www.winebusiness.com/news/?g...&dataId=228687
                          Trust me?
                          I'm an economist!

Comment

• Just informed that the rest of the academic school year for my son has been canceled. Classes stopped on March 15th and so that was it for him in 5th grade. That is a real bummer as my son, an only child, is having a hard time of it now. Zero playmates and the constant drone of the virus is getting to him. He is a little bit of a hypochondriac and the last four days have brought new symptoms he is having. Headaches one day, hard to breathe another, stomach ache last night. Can't get him out of the house to do things he likes and he is a social creature. Now it will be four solid months with no school and pretty much can't see any classmates/playmates.

Comment

• ^^^^^

Shit. I am sorry.

Can he FaceTime, Zoom with them?

My nieces are doing that with their school age children.
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• Animals on the move when man has to stay in the home. I noticed that after the parking lot, outside the front door of my office, was being used by squirrels to play tag chasing each other. Rarely see any out in the open when people are about but they are out now having a grand old time. Good for them...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/photo...pandemic-world

Comment

Working...
                                X