Abortion, Anti-Science and Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abortion, Anti-Science and Donald Trump

The man is pretty much anti-science since it goes against most of his absolutely firm beliefs of his. However, I don't believe he is in the camp that believes the world is flat. At least I don't think so. Has anyone asked him?

Anti science, DNC talking point.
    The same DNC that is life deniers. The science is clear, but the DNC loves Margaret Sangers butchers.

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post
      Perhaps, or perhaps not.
      There is no "perhaps" about it. The man is a barely-functioning illiterate. He thinks that the noise from wind turbines causes cancer.

Originally posted by JRT View Post
      I expect that he was briefed on what he was signing, and he likely has some personal memories of experiencing several significant blackouts affecting NYC in his lifetime, so would have some grasp of effects of a much larger and very much lengthier blackout affecting a very much broader set of systems beyond just the power grid, affecting distribution of water, food, fuel, electricity, communications, public safety services, vehicles and transportation systems, etc.
      The briefing was likely just a few minutes in length and consisted of "This will help prevent blackouts and you'll look really good if you sign this"
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
        Uh, NO Laura, this is not a "DNC talking point", this is Donald Trump's own words and actions. This is a reality talking point.

Trump Administration Attacks on Science

The report shows that the Trump administration's attacks on science have taken many forms, damaging both the scientific enterprise and public health and safety in a variety of ways.

Sidelining expertise and independent science advice
        Scientists—whether agency staff, experts in leadership positions, or nongovernmental scientists on advisory committees—have long advised policymakers when good decisions depend on scientific evidence. The Trump administration is excluding this expertise from decisionmaking by:
        • Circumventing guidance from scientific experts by shutting out scientists from the decisionmaking process, leaving science positions vacant, disbanding or compromising advisory committees, or sidelining independent expertise.
        • Suppressing scientific studies when their findings undercut the administration's political agenda.
        • Politicizing scientific grants by allowing political appointees to review them, which undercuts the scientific process and deters progress of the wider scientific enterprise.

Compromising public protections
        Our nation's landmark public health and environmental laws require the use of science to set standards that protect people and preserve our natural resources. The Trump administration has ignored or sidestepped many of these processes:
        • Eliminating climate change from policy development. The administration has repeatedly ignored, dismissed, or suppressed climate science, limiting the ability of federal scientists to study it or speak about it and removing mentions of climate change from official agency documents and websites.
        • Undermining protections from hazards at work and home. The administration has undercut the vital role of government science in protecting people from environmental hazards—weakening chemical safety laws and air pollution rules, limiting public access to information on fracking, and rolling back collection of data on workplace injuries.
        • Endangering the environment. The administration has pushed science out of environmental protection for national parks and other protected areas, curtailed or canceled environmental impact reviews, and undermined the Endangered Species Act.

Reducing public access to government science and scientists
        Open communication is critical to both the scientific process and an informed public. Unnecessary constraints on scientist communication have increased over several administrations, and the Trump administration has continued and accelerated this trend:
        • Restricting scientists' communications. Agencies have restricted the language scientists can use in public communications, instituted new barriers to scientists' interactions with reporters, and omitted important scientific information from news releases.
        • Creating a chilling environment. A UCS survey of federal scientists showed that the administration has created a culture of fear among scientists at several federal agencies, resulting in self-censorship and reduced effectiveness.
        • Restricting federal science at scientific conferences. Attending scientific conferences is an important way for scientists to share information with their peers and keep up to date on developments in their field. The administration has blocked or created political barriers to conference attendance for many federal scientists.
        • Changing data use and availability. Reducing access to data undermines scientists' ability to inform decisions on critical topics. The Trump administration has repeatedly limited such access by failing to collect data, removing information from easily accessed websites, and even restricting the ability of its own scientists to use important data when crafting regulations.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

The same DNC that is life deniers. The science is clear, but the DNC loves Margaret Sangers butchers.
          TH answered you regarding science. I guess your post indicated advocating for science ignorance.

Now you have some against birth control and Planed Parenthood. You know if my wife wanted to walk into Planned Parenthood and you stood in her way that could quite possibly be the last time you could stand. In short you need to mind your own personal business and no else's but yours in such matters.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
            TH answered you regarding science. I guess your post indicated advocating for science ignorance.

Now you have some against birth control and Planed Parenthood. You know if my wife wanted to walk into Planned Parenthood and you stood in her way that could quite possibly be the last time you could stand. In short you need to mind your own personal business and no else's but yours in such matters.
            You could kill all of your damn children for all I care. Have at it tough guy. We don’t have a need for more of the morally bankrupt.
            But the DNC and their ilk of science deniers deny that the about to be born or even just born are even human beings.
            A child can be born during a botched abortion and left to die without minimal aid. It is at the very least manslaughter.
            Last edited by surfgun; 01 Mar 20,, 16:06.

Comment

You could kill all of your damn children for all I care. Have at it tough guy. We don’t have a need for more of the morally bankrupt.
              But the DNC and their ilk of science deniers deny that the about to be born or even just born are even human beings.
              A child can be born during a botched abortion and left to die without minimal aid. It is at the very least manslaughter.
              Where do you come up with this batshit crazy stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                Where do you come up with this batshit crazy stuff?
                Take a look at the hyperlinks he posts.

Notice how he immediately jumped to the conclusion that tbm's wife was going to Planned Parenthood to "kill all of their damn children"?

Because apparently that's all Planned Parenthood offers.

"Morally bankrupt" lol. Coming from a Trump follower, that's not even bad comedy.

Comment

Suppose a Lady is raped or having a child may threaten her own life?

Comment

Outside of ectopic pregnancy today’s medicine pretty much precludes death by pregnancy.
                    I have no issue of killing the seed of a rapist.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz is one of these science deniers.
                    https://erlc.com/resource-library/ar...youth-to-fetus
                    Last edited by surfgun; 01 Mar 20,, 20:57.

Comment

Your CDC says 700 women per year die during childbirth. Is that not 'murder' of the Mother? If you can justify the ending of a pregnancy due to rape your position on the sanctity of life seems less secure. Does not a Lady have rights over her own body at all? I assure you I have resisted unwanted and unwarranted male touching with force at times (a drunk journo pinched my rear) - I poked a guy in the eye once and gave him a stiletto stamp on his foot. So I clearly believe at base that I have certain rights regarding my person and who, how and when may touch me. If it were normally a 'joke' for women to pinch your rear how would you feel? I mean one thing leads to another so sometimes one must make a point to deter.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        Your CDC says 700 women per year die during childbirth. Is that not 'murder' of the Mother?
                        No wonder Trump wants to slash the CDC's budget.

Comment

Like I said and I will EMPHASIZE it this time. You can check your religious based moral convictions at your front door. While you have Freedom of Religion I also have Freedom from Religion and everyone associated with a religion. You live your life and others live their life or either they get to interfere into your life and you won't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                            Suppose a Lady is raped or having a child may threaten her own life?
                            I have always found it amazing that the most adamant against abortion, and birth control to some extent, are men. Frankly, to me, it points out that they still believe they have total control over a women's body and a women's decisions. So much for enlightenment in this day and age. I guess for many they have not left the 19th Century and from the sounds of it want us all to go back to it. Ergo the one here.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                              I have always found it amazing that the most adamant against abortion, and birth control to some extent, are men. Frankly, to me, it points out that they still believe they have total control over a women's body and a women's decisions. So much for enlightenment in this day and age. I guess for many they have not left the 19th Century and from the sounds of it want us all to go back to it. Ergo the one here.
                              Funny how further Right you go, the more things look like the same Islamic Shariah law that they rail against and swear will never be implemented here.

Exhibit A: Their treatment of women. Same Neanderthal attitudes.

Comment

Working...
                              X