Coronavirus: the Chinese Political Angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everybody ?

Two months after lockdown officially ended in Wuhan.

After they tested the whole population of the city (~10m) and found only 300 cases

If they tested that many then quite a few of those 5m that left for Chinese new year have returned to Wuhan

Why are people still afraid
    Last edited by Double Edge; 05 Jun 20,, 12:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Not that long a read. CPC and Tedros' culpability endorsed by this article.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Global alliance formed to counter China threat amid rising tensions
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• In Britain, the group will be co-chaired by the Labour peer Helena Kennedy and the former Conservative party leader Iain Duncan-Smith.

The other members of the group are Japan, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Australia and the European Union, as well as the US.

The US senators Marco Rubio and Robert Menendez are co-chairs.
          That's the list of countries for now.

China’s increasingly authoritarian direction under Xi Jinping has undermined the belief that drove decades of engagement by democratic countries: that as the country became wealthier, it would open up politically.

The group said in a statement: “The assumptions that once underpinned our engagement with Beijing no longer correspond to the reality.

“The Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China has been created to promote a coordinated response between democratic states to challenges posed by the present conduct and future ambitions of the People’s Republic of China.”

“By developing a common set of principles and frameworks that transcend domestic party divisions and international borders, our democracies will be able to keep the rules-based and human rights systems true to their founding purposes.”
          In the quest for a greater China, XJP has jeopardised the perception that China has in the world.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 06 Jun 20,, 10:08.

Comment

• Communist China was never going to change. It fooled liberal western democracies in believing it would. Just like how Pakistan deceives the US time and again.

Comment

• Coronavirus may have spread in Wuhan in August, Harvard research shows; China says 'ridiculous'

The Harvard Report - Analysis of hospital traffic and search engine data in Wuhan China indicates early disease activity in the Fall of 2019

Comment

• Coronavirus: Twitter removes more than 170,000 pro-China accounts

Relentless, aren't they?

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• They found 45 asymptomatics out of 517 at the wholesale market. That is a nearly 9% positivity rate.

Wholesale market in Chennal caused similar problem a month back. Took well over a month to deal with.

What they refer to as 'wartime emrgency' lock down is normal in my city when cases are found. Barricades come up on the street or housing community where the cases were found and stay like that for close to a month. They continue testing and monitor contacts in the containment zone.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 14 Jun 20,, 01:12.

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                          You don't really believe this pig droppings. There are so many holes in her story that you can drive a truck through.

1) She doesn't actually know where the bodies went.
                          2) She never saw the actual cremation.
                          3) You're afraid of the virus but you dump the body in an unsealed van.
                          4) You do know that muscles continue to move after brain death but the spinal cord ain't dead yet. In other words, she ain't qualified to judge brain death.
                          5) There's a line up for cremation right now. Any corpse going to the creamation centre ain't going to get first dibs.

Translation to all this - complete and utter horse puckey.
                          Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                            You don't really believe this pig droppings. There are so many holes in her story that you can drive a truck through.
                            Sir, watching the video I feel she was a patient, filming in secret inspite of the fear that she might get caught.

1) She doesn't actually know where the bodies went.
                            That was not the purpose of the video. I don't know where Covid-19 bodies are being cremated in my town, nor am I interested.

2) She never saw the actual cremation.
                            Few people, close relatives are allowed in cremation (in India, don't know about China). Not unusual.

3) You're afraid of the virus but you dump the body in an unsealed van.
                            Happening all over. I posted some videos about handling of bodies in India.

4) You do know that muscles continue to move after brain death but the spinal cord ain't dead yet. In other words, she ain't qualified to judge brain death.
                            True about the first part. No one is qualified about the second part, unless he/she is a doctor.

Looks like triage at work here. People who have no hope of recovery/sure death in say a few hours may have been zipped in body bags by the hospital staff to make way for newer Covid-19 patients.

5) There's a line up for cremation right now. Any corpse going to the creamation centre ain't going to get first dibs.

Translation to all this - complete and utter horse puckey.
                            It's about what the person filming the video says. It's either a counter propaganda video, or plain truth.
                            Last edited by Oracle; 14 Jun 20,, 06:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                              It's about what the person filming the video says. It's either a counter propaganda video, or plain truth.
                              Doesn't matter. It's not verifiable nor dependable intel. It's just hearsay.
                              Chimo

Comment

• Twitter removes China-linked accounts spreading false news

Comment

Working...
                                X