No announcement yet.

Coronavirus: the Chinese Political Angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus coming from India ‘more lethal’ than those from China, Italy: Nepal PM

85% of people tested positive for coronavirus in Nepal are those who returned from India: PM Oli

The fat communist bastard is right in a sense. Most Nepalese either work as security guards, maids, in bars/hotels as servers etc. They are most vulnerable to have Covid-19 as they're exposed to wide variety of people and live in slums. Send them to China next, don't send them to India. Let's see if Xi welcomes them with open arms.

After straining India ties, Nepal looks to reject US aid

Small communists believe in big communists with a knife, rather than the world's police with assault weapons. LMAO!!! Has anyone ever though this -> China -> Pakistan -> North Korea -> Failing/Failed countries in Africa, Americas. China is slowly turning into Nazi Germany, one act at a time, with small vassal states to do their bidding. That this commie authoritarian state is still in the P5 amazes me.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Flu virus with 'pandemic potential' found in China
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Virologist who fled to US from Hong Kong accuses China of coronavirus cover-up

Comment

• It's begun

Comment

• UK bans Huawei -> Huawei: China attacks UK's 'groundless' ban of 5G kit

US-China: Pompeo dog photo has netizens asking if US is toying with China

A tweet by the US secretary of state has led to speculation over whether he is trying to send a message to the Chinese government.

Mike Pompeo posted a picture on his personal account of his dog Mercer, surrounded by "all of her favourite toys". The toy that sits centre stage is a stuffed Winnie the Pooh.

The tweet has ignited significant attention given that Winnie the Pooh is a common derogatory nickname for Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Chinese netizens don't have a lot of love for Mike Pompeo, and regard him as "evil" and "the king of lies".
            The presence of the elephant toy may also be significant - as a subtle reference to India.

Comment

• This will be pretty major if it happens. I've no idea how the US would implement it though

92 million CCP members with their families equals 270 million Chinese nationals that become PNG for the US.

The reasons behind are threefold roughly
              - C19 handling
              - Uighurs
              - HK

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                This will be pretty major if it happens. I've no idea how the US would implement it though

92 million CCP members with their families equals 270 million Chinese nationals that become PNG for the US.

The reasons behind are threefold roughly
                - C19 handling
                - Uighurs
                - HK
                Just after the headline, there's a comment in the more reasonable reporting that the list is of the CCP POLITBURO, not the entire party. Including families, maybe 100 people.
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

• Whistleblower Dr. Li-Meng Yan from HK gets out with a story

EXCLUSIVE: Chinese virologist accuses Beijing of coronavirus cover-up, flees Hong Kong: 'I know how they treat whistleblowers' | FOX | Jul 10 2020

Exclusive means just that, have to watch it on the Fox web site. Not on youtube.

She is confirming what we suspect already.

Comment

Whistleblower Dr. Li-Meng Yan from HK gets out with a story

EXCLUSIVE: Chinese virologist accuses Beijing of coronavirus cover-up, flees Hong Kong: 'I know how they treat whistleblowers' | FOX | Jul 10 2020

Exclusive means just that, have to watch it on the Fox web site. Not on youtube.

She is confirming what we suspect already.

https://www.hku.hk/press/press-relea...ail/21274.html She might be fishing for a residency.

Dr Yan Limeng was a post-doctoral fellow at HKU. She has left the University.

While HKU respects freedom of expression, Dr Yan’s past or present opinions and views do not represent those of the University.

HKU notes that the content of the said news report does not accord with the key facts as we understand them. Specifically, Dr Yan never conducted any research on human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus at HKU during December 2019 and January 2020, her central assertion of the said interview.

We further observe that what she might have emphasised in the reported interview has no scientific basis but resembles hearsay.

HKU does not act on hearsay and we will not further comment on this matter.
                    Last edited by hboGYT; 19 Jul 20,, 05:13.

Comment

• She arrived LAX on Apr 28

See what happened in May

DHS off the bat

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                      Japan didn't, China surely will do, if not. We've had this discussion before, and to you it seems the message didn't flow. Stop supporting terrroist regimes like Pakistan, and their autocratic masters like China. This message is for all those duplicitous left liberal westerners who like to sip bourbon whisky and view things from the comfort of their million dollar apartments.

COVID-19: US senators introduce legislation in Congress to impose sanctions on China
                      Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                      US senator unveils 18-point plan to hold China accountable for coronavirus outbreak

If things unveil the way I think it might, China's economy will take a massive hit, and their terrorist son Pakistan will take the fall, along with their communist daddy.
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Jul 20,, 04:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by hboGYT View Post
                        https://www.hku.hk/press/press-relea...ail/21274.html She might be fishing for a residency.
                        Apparently the interview was 4h long but we only got 13 mins. Maybe there is more to come.

Comment

Apparently the interview was 4h long but we only got 13 mins. Maybe there is more to come.
                          Given that she has lied in the part shown, my initial impression is that she's fishing for a residency. Showing more would just expose more factual inconsistencies. I doubt they will.

Comment

• The whole CPC controlled <everything> is <all> thugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by hboGYT View Post
                              Given that she has lied in the part shown, my initial impression is that she's fishing for a residency. Showing more would just expose more factual inconsistencies. I doubt they will.
                              She does not need to 'fish for residency' given her qualifications. She could immigrate to Canada just as easily too.

What is curious is she has left without any of her immediate family. Suggests she had to get out in a hurry.

Give it a few months and let's see what comes out.

She did say she was the point person for the first line doctors there so she knows enough.
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Jul 20,, 13:53.

Comment

She does not need to 'fish for residency' given her qualifications. She could immigrate to Canada just as easily too.

What is curious is she has left without any of her immediate family. Suggests she had to get out in a hurry.

Give it a few months and let's see what comes out.

She did say she was the point person for the first line doctors there so she knows enough.
                                There are quotas on skilled migration. She'd be competing with thousands of other very qualified people. Even if she's not fishing for residency, she could be fishing for money, fame, etc.. I don't imagine she gave an exclusive interview for free.

She left China before she made those allegations. So what could the Chinese government be wanting to arrest her for, before then?

I'm perfectly happy to wait. I know when I don't know enough. My final remark on this matter is that I am concerned that even if it turns out to be false like that recent fake Chinese spy in Australia, most won't see the correction. The damage would've been already.
                                Last edited by hboGYT; 19 Jul 20,, 14:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X