No announcement yet.

The Cult of Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ What did Trump accomplish in this term?
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Mexico not paying for a non existent wall?

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
        ^ What did Trump accomplish in this term?
        I don't know how many are legit but NAFTA II and scaring KJU to the negotiating table was all Trump

https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-adm...complishments/
        Chimo

Comment

Phase one of China trade deal.

Comment

Checking Iran as the rest of the World has failed too.

Comment

A list of Federal Judges appointed:
              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...y_Donald_Trump

Comment

OOE’s

WAB OEE’s link has a list that is comprehensive.

Comment

yeah, that link is literally from the White House.

re: NAFTA II, or USMCA: minor tinkering to NAFTA. how minor? here's the Congressional Research Service analysis:

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R44981

"The full effects of the proposed USMCA on North American trade relations are not be expected to
                  be significant because nearly all U.S. trade with Canada and Mexico that meets rules of origin
                  requirements is now conducted duty and barrier free under NAFTA. The proposed USMCA
                  would maintain NAFTA’s tariff and non-tariff barrier eliminations. If the USMCA is approved by
                  Congress and it enters into force, many economists and other observers believe that it is not
                  expected to have a measurable effect on U.S. trade and investment with other NAFTA parties,
                  jobs, wages, or overall economic growth, and that it would probably not have a measurable effect
                  on the U.S. trade deficit."

scaring KJU to the negotiation table: I have not seen anything that indicates that this has done anything to actually achieve the US aim, which is denuclearization. he's not at the negotiation table anymore, in any case.

phase 1 of the China deal: China -promises- to keep the same rate of agricultural economic spending on the US that it did before the trade war. US achieved none of her stated goals in terms of tech theft, Made in China 2025, etc.

checking Iran: they literally had people attack our embassy and attacked our airbases -- not sure where they've been checked. have they changed their determination to drive the US out of the middle east and establish themselves as a regional power?
                  There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

i think if one was charitable, one could say that Trump has kept a good economy going-- via a very inefficient but massive stimulus, big enough to overcome his other moderately down-dragging economic moves (trade wars).

the cream of the joke is that the prime beneficiaries of his largess are people whom (as a group) largely voted against him in the first place, while his swing state supporters got the crap end of the stick. oh well, no tears for them.
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                      yeah, that link is literally from the White House.
                      As I indicated, don't know how much of it is legit.

NAFTA II, or USMCA: minor tinkering to NAFTA. how minor? here's the Congressional Research Service analysis:
                      I've got 2000 Canadian dairy and poutry farmers who would now say otherwise.

scaring KJU to the negotiation table: I have not seen anything that indicates that this has done anything to actually achieve the US aim, which is denuclearization. he's not at the negotiation table anymore, in any case.
                      You've got to be shitting me! You, above all people, show know the distrust between the two sides. After our side tried to give KJI the shaft during their famine, we both know it was not going to be easy. We were the ones who betrayed the agreement.

The very fact that Trump got a year is an achievement of itself.
                      Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                        As I indicated, don't know how much of it is legit.
                        Putting it through through a fact-checker would probably reveal the answer is "very little". We all know that Donald Trump and his Family deal in "alternative facts" (their words, not mine) and outright fantasy. That link isn't worth the bandwidth used to post it.

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                        You've got to be shitting me! You, above all people, show know the distrust between the two sides. After our side tried to give KJI the shaft during their famine, we both know it was not going to be easy. We were the ones who betrayed the agreement.

I'd say that propping up a young dictator by doing what no other President has done, coming to North Korea even if just a few steps over the border, and "falling in love" with him, was a massive (and massively needed) domestic propaganda boost for Kim Jong Un.

Was it worth that year?

Trump was practically led around by the nose, completely out of his element and unable to resort to his usual modus operandi
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderful Plans View Post
                          As for the Donald Trump and Ronald Reagan comparison, its apples and oranges. Trump is focusing more on domestic policies than Reagan did. If Trump wins a second term I think he will accomplish twice as much as he did in his first term.
                          Then why did you compare them?

Originally posted by Wonderful Plans View Post
                          Well, what I don't get is why so many people bad talk him when he's our best president since Ronald Reagan.
                          Last edited by snapper; 24 Jan 20,, 20:32.

Comment

a year of...what? did the North Koreans stop developing nukes in that timeframe? is the strategic situation for the US or South Korea any better now?

i'll give credit to the pressure campaign in that we've reduced the economic capability of the DPRK. but in terms of the overall strategy, which was to compel North Korea to denuclearize, it hasn't achieved that goal.

again, i think the best we can say is that Trump didn't start a war in North Korea-- and we got damned close in the days of fire and fury. seriously, everyone in the Pentagon thought the balloon was going up. but that doesn't mean that we've actually achieved a no-kidding foreign policy victory.

Comment

a year of...what? did the North Koreans stop developing nukes in that timeframe? is the strategic situation for the US or South Korea any better now?
                              You sound like the US has done nothing but let the NK do their thing.

An unresounding yes. The strategic gap has grown. The reason why no one really cares about NK nuclear development is because the entire NK nuclear arsenal is vulnerable to an SK first strike (and Japanese for that matter), conventional as it may ... and that gap grew bigger in the last year. KJU's hoopla about SK-US military exercies is not without warrant.

KJU's nukes had been neutered and he knows it.
                              Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 24 Jan 20,, 21:42.
                              Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                                I'd say that propping up a young dictator by doing what no other President has done, coming to North Korea even if just a few steps over the border, and "falling in love" with him, was a massive (and massively needed) domestic propaganda boost for Kim Jong Un
                                That really is a non-point. The NK propaganda machine has turned KJU into a god and demonized the US for decades. To bring it up to the level you're suggesting where the KJU-Trump meet would be of a propaganda value, the NK propaganda machine would have to elevate the US into a great power, something they have been denying for decades.
                                Chimo

Comment

Working...
                                X