Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 666

Thread: The Impeachment, Trial and Acquittal of Donald John Trump

  1. #451
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,395
    Quote Originally Posted by GVChamp View Post
    There has always been a touch of Trump Derangement Syndrome, but there are no leftists here (at best, one very partisan Democrat, which is NOT the same a leftist).
    Shhhh....you'll upset the apple cart of his constructed reality.

    Also you referred to Trump as a complete dumbass AND a complete blowhard...which means you're on his "leftist" list now too.
    TwentyFiveFortyFive

  2. #452
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Aug 08
    Location
    UK/Europe
    Posts
    5,615
    Quote Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
    So you would prefer the blankets while facing down a T-80? Otherwise, piss off!
    What I would prefer is NOT the issue of the impeachment.

  3. #453
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Aug 08
    Location
    UK/Europe
    Posts
    5,615
    Quote Originally Posted by ambidex View Post
    Ukranian Government DISAGREES on Quid Pro Quo. All Democrat witness showed not even an iota of evidence other than hearsay.
    What would you say? You want aid or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by ambidex View Post
    Releasing aid is not as simple as dispatching delivery from Amazon. Democrats are using this bureaucratic bottleneck to pin Republicans down which happened during Obama tenure as well.
    Clearly you are correct - nobody introduces their own their own personal demands before dispatching an Amazon delivery as Trumpkin clearly did.


    Quote Originally Posted by ambidex View Post
    It is relevant, read all my answers. And keep your patronizing tone where the sun doesn't shine asshole.
    Whether Democrats a couple of hundred years ago owned slaves is of zero relevance to whether Trumpkin broke his oath of Office. It's like me deciding what to have for lunch and someone mentions it the anniversary of the Romanian revolution - it does not matter in deciding what I have for lunch.

  4. #454
    Senior Contributor surfgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Nov 09
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,054
    It is clear only one position is acceptable on this thread, where feelings are important (one poster was told “just go away”). Witnesses at the impeachment hearing witnessed nothing. They worked off of assumptions and what they were told or “overheard.” This thread is apparently a needed “safe space” for those suffering from TDS. It is like a Student Union on a liberal arts university. Have a nice day.
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/dan-...rry-impeachmas
    Last edited by surfgun; 22 Dec 19, at 15:28.

  5. #455
    Senior Contributor DOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Mar 11
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,341
    Quote Originally Posted by DOR View Post
    Still looking for the GOPer — in or out of politics — who will defend what The Trumpet is accused of doing to our democracy. There is, at this point, no real discussion as to whether he tried to undermine our most sacred institutions. Just, “it isn’t impeachable” garbage.

    Go ahead.
    Say what he did was RIGHT.
    I dare you.
    I don’t usually do this, but we seem to be so far off track — blankets vs. T-80s, really? — that I thought I’d give the trolls one last chance to make a minimal effort to defend The Trumpet’s actions.
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

  6. #456
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    10,945
    Quote Originally Posted by ambidex View Post
    I wonder why this forum has become whore house of Leftist Democrats.
    Isn't so much leftist as opposition dominated. Consistent pattern i've seen here across two administrations.

    It's like there is this unspoken deal in the american section, your guys not in office you get to bitch & whine.

    Think back to when Obama was in office and who were the most vocal. It was the right wingers.

    What are right wingers when Democrats are in office ? Opposition

    Where have those guys gone now ? i have no idea.

    What this means is it makes it harder to follow american policy as its made because the opposition is shouting it down. People are introducing their personal prejudices when it takes a dispassionate read and you go to do that yourself and then have a go at them. Defend your position and attack theirs.

    The objective should be to create space for those that support govt to make their voices heard. Run interference if you have to.

    Take the Iran deal, From 2012 i decided to go on a crusade against the board.

    I stuck at it until i got the deal. Pin drop silence from the opposition at that point. Done deal. And then Trump reversed it : (

    Thing is i'm some what sympathetic to the arguments being made even though they aren't in my interest.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 22 Dec 19, at 18:26.

  7. #457
    Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Nov 09
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    4,107
    Quote Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
    It is clear only one position is acceptable on this thread, where feelings are important (one poster was told “just go away”). Witnesses at the impeachment hearing witnessed nothing. They worked off of assumptions and what they were told or “overheard.” This thread is apparently a needed “safe space” for those suffering from TDS. It is like a Student Union on a liberal arts university. Have a nice day.
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/dan-...rry-impeachmas
    That is true in that the position is not to betray the Constitution, the Founding Fathers, and use you office for personal gain. I gather you are perfectly comfortable with both which say what about you?

    The spiel on your misunderstanding of witnesses was hilarious though so I appreciate the laugh.

  8. #458
    Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    12 Aug 08
    Location
    UK/Europe
    Posts
    5,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Isn't so much leftist as opposition dominated. Consistent pattern i've seen here across two administrations.

    It's like there is this unspoken deal in the american section, your guys not in office you get to bitch & whine.
    Simple reason for that; you cannot mess up when you're not in power.

  9. #459
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    10,945
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    Simple reason for that; you cannot mess up when you're not in power.
    Totally LAME : D

  10. #460
    Senior Contributor GVChamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Aug 06
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Shhhh....you'll upset the apple cart of his constructed reality.

    Also you referred to Trump as a complete dumbass AND a complete blowhard...which means you're on his "leftist" list now too.
    I get pooped on, peed on, or spat up on almost every day now, so being called a "leftist" is probably not high on my list of daily annoyances :/

    I will say that I would occasionally get called a liberal because I supported McCain, of all things. Though, to be honest, I'm still moderate to liberal on a lot of issues! I grew up in a wealthy suburb, and those tend to produce some rather liberal people.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

  11. #461
    Banned Contributor
    Join Date
    03 Aug 09
    Location
    Te Rotorua-nui-a-Kahumatamomoe
    Posts
    565
    I will tactically back off now.

    My argument was based on legal Jurisprudence and due process of the Law. Implicit bias, Prejudice, criminal history came only into the debate when other side used these principles to make their case against Trump.

    On Legality, I even presented an adage we use in medico-legal cases to decide in favour of the law ignoring clinical outcome even if it costs human life and perceived ethical practices.

    I have been told 'off' that maintaining the sanctity of American democracy and the sanctity of the President's office or disciplining the officer bearer goes beyond the typical legal scope and due process of the Law but predicates on eclectic ideas like brinksmanship and propaganda. In more subtle terms it is politics at play in a confined place called Capitol building where it is absolutely fair to act in a certain way when one side decides that the other side has not acted in the true spirit of the American constitution.
    Last edited by ambidex; 24 Dec 19, at 04:39.

  12. #462
    Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Nov 09
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    4,107
    One does get tired of the claim that due process is being ignored. Ignored my ass as it has no place in what the House does. The House is not a court of law. The House is equivalent to a Grand Jury where they hear the evidence presented by the district attorney. The person being examined by the Grand Jury is not present nor is any attorney representing said person. If the Grand Jury finds insufficient evidence to refer charges the DA is turned away till they can present further evidence. If the Grand Jury finds sufficient evidence then charges are filed by the DA. At that point it moves to the trial court arena where each side can call witnesses and cross examine.

    The trial court in this case is the U.S. Senate. It is here where witnesses can be called to testify although McConnell seems to be against calling witnesses at this point. So who is really denying due process here? Like I said here is where Trump can call his, none of which have any knowledge of the case, and where his aides who do have knowledge can be called. Once again if you have absolutely nothing to hide then let them testify in your behalf. Problem is Trump has always had something to hide which is why all his previous court cases, over the years, are sealed from public view. Right now McConnell seems to want a Capone trial as in The Untouchables where the first jury was fixed by payoffs no doubt via some threats. Sounds like some so called Republican Senators are also worried about threats to them and their political office.

    As to being a leftist I have voted in 13 Presidential elections. The first 12 were split evenly between the two sides. The 13th I voted Democratic because I simply will not vote for, nor associate myself in any shape manner or form, with a fu$%ing lying bastard. It will be a long time before I ever vote Republican again as I no longer see a worthy Republican. Hell, I almost see no Republicans anymore.
    Last edited by tbm3fan; 24 Dec 19, at 07:21.

  13. #463
    Banned Contributor
    Join Date
    03 Aug 09
    Location
    Te Rotorua-nui-a-Kahumatamomoe
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    Isn't so much leftist as opposition dominated. Consistent pattern i've seen here across two administrations.

    It's like there is this unspoken deal in the american section, your guys not in office you get to bitch & whine.

    Think back to when Obama was in office and who were the most vocal. It was the right wingers.

    What are right wingers when Democrats are in office ? Opposition

    Where have those guys gone now ? i have no idea.

    What this means is it makes it harder to follow american policy as its made because the opposition is shouting it down. People are introducing their personal prejudices when it takes a dispassionate read and you go to do that yourself and then have a go at them. Defend your position and attack theirs.

    The objective should be to create space for those that support govt to make their voices heard. Run interference if you have to.

    Take the Iran deal, From 2012 i decided to go on a crusade against the board.

    I stuck at it until i got the deal. Pin drop silence from the opposition at that point. Done deal. And then Trump reversed it : (

    Thing is i'm some what sympathetic to the arguments being made even though they aren't in my interest.
    Much water has flown under the bridge held by global right and left-wing columns since Obama.

    Conservatives all around the globe are going through severe fatigue. On the outside, they look to be controlling the power but actually they are only defending their existence.

    With the rise of social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram more traffic has gone to them and they are openly promoting leftist contents. As days of long and elaborated debates are becoming a relic of the past the shoot and scoot has become more powerful warfare well suited to leftists who are experimenting with every new idea (feminism, Gender, LGTB, Environment), shifting blames of their own sins towards the other side very effectively and making inroads into new avenues especially academia and educational institutes.

    The narrative of victimhood, hate speech, humanity, equality etc. have been built so strong that ordinary conservative is under extreme pressure either to change or keep quite. Defecation rate is quite high among Conservatives. The more steadfast conservatives now look towards political strongmen like Trump not boy scouts like Mit Romney and John McCain to preserve what they can and to keep the balance.

    With this Global leftists have shifted their focus on these strongmen who know how to play this dirty game. Fence-sitters are Fence-sitters for obvious reasons. The revulsion they are showing towards Trump is their lack of strategic thinking which is only enabling leftist order sleeping in bed with Jihadis and post-modern Communist ideologues.
    Last edited by ambidex; 24 Dec 19, at 10:35.

  14. #464
    Senior Contributor Bigfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jan 07
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,658
    Quote Originally Posted by ambidex View Post
    The narrative of victimhood, hate speech, humanity, equality etc. have been built so strong that ordinary conservative is under extreme pressure either to change or keep quite.
    You have to love a post that is completely dedicated to the notion that Conservatives are victims, yet accuses 'Global leftists' of indulging in 'the narrative of victimhood'. The lack of self awareness would be touching were the author not a fanboy of the sort of politicians who use this confected sense of victimhood to justify all manner of nastiness.

    I guess some people just need to feel like they are victims, no matter how privileged they are.

    Defecation rate is quite high among Conservatives.
    On the basis of this observation I am tempted to invest in companies that make adult daipers.

    Fence-sitters are Fence-sitters for obvious reasons.
    Because they have a low defecation rate?


    Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

  15. #465
    Banned Contributor
    Join Date
    03 Aug 09
    Location
    Te Rotorua-nui-a-Kahumatamomoe
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella View Post
    You have to love a post that is completely dedicated to the notion that Conservatives are victims, yet accuses 'Global leftists' of indulging in 'the narrative of victimhood'. The lack of self awareness would be touching were the author not a fanboy of the sort of politicians who use this confected sense of victimhood to justify all manner of nastiness.

    I guess some people just need to feel like they are victims, no matter how privileged they are.



    On the basis of this observation I am tempted to invest in companies that make adult daipers.



    Because they have a low defecation rate?
    Good bad or ugly, I am pro-debate person, but answering to your nitpicks means feeding the troll.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Cult of Donald Trump
    By TopHatter in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 30 May 20,, 02:23
  2. Donald Trump rallies infiltrated by paid Hillary Clinton operatives
    By Parihaka in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08 Nov 16,, 15:21
  3. Donald Trump Tells Friends He Will Run for President, Report Says
    By Julie in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02 Mar 11,, 20:01
  4. Donald Trump Has Disappointed Me
    By THL in forum International Economy
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09 Jan 07,, 21:11

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •