Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 665

Thread: The Impeachment, Trial and Acquittal of Donald John Trump

  1. #436
    Senior Contributor surfgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Nov 09
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,016
    So you would prefer the blankets while facing down a T-80? Otherwise, piss off!

  2. #437
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,224
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    Well first that is 'whataboutism' and irrelevant to the impeachment.
    It's all he's got. Just take pity on him and move on.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

    "The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

  3. #438
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,224
    Quote Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
    So you would prefer the blankets while facing down a T-80? Otherwise, piss off!
    Pretty big words for a guy nowhere near the combat zone and zero skin in the game. So that being the case, how about YOU piss off.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

    "The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

  4. #439
    Senior Contributor surfgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Nov 09
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,016
    So Tops you would prefer Obummer blankets to protect yourself and your loved ones from rolling track? Or Huugly effective Trump supplied Javelins? I am sure that Ukrainians have an actual preference.
    Wasn’t it that cigar smoker (Bubba) that promised Ukraine some American protection in exchange for them surrendering nuclear arms? Little did Ukraine know that the DNC offered protection was in fact blankets!

  5. #440
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,224
    Quote Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
    So Tops you would prefer Obummer blankets to protect yourself and your loved ones from rolling track? Or Huugly effective Trump supplied Javelins? I am sure that Ukrainians have an actual preference.
    Wasn’t it that cigar smoker (Bubba) that promised Ukraine some American protection in exchange for them surrendering nuclear arms? Little did Ukraine know that the DNC offered protection was in fact blankets!
    Once again, you just gotta put Dems front and center for some reason. Must be a knee-jerk instinct or something.

    Personally I don't know how to operate a Javelin, and would be more of a menace to my neighbors than the enemy.
    Furthermore, as a logistics guy, I'm more concerned about sustainability, so things like blankets and food in a harsh outdoors environment tend to attract my attention first and foremost...Not sexy, but then again I can't feed my family or a group of soldiers with an ATGM.

    Funny thing about weaponry, but especially the state-of-the-art kind, it has this nagging ability to be turned against the supplier, or stolen and sold off on the black market, or even used to obliterate the completely innocent.
    Doesn't even have to be out of malice, but rather sheer stupidity. Can have all kinds of nasty and unintended consequences.

    But hey, shipping in massive amounts of shiny new toys to an army unable to manage or even secure them properly has never backfired on us....right?

    Oh yeah, and then there's nagging problem of my morals: I'd rather die than be the stooge-on-strings for a loathsome **** like Donald Trump when he wants me to "do him a favor though" for those Javelins, that has nothing to do with fighting for my survival.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

    "The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

  6. #441
    Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Nov 09
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by ambidex View Post
    The one is who started using historicity to make a case against Trump's current Impeachment and that too not convicted by any US court. Taste of own medicine seems bitter eh?
    Does anybody know what the hell he is talking about since i don't speak his strange language?

  7. #442
    Senior Contributor surfgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Nov 09
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,016

  8. #443
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,224
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Does anybody know what the hell he is talking about since i don't speak his strange language?
    I gave up already, not worth the mental bandwidth. Especially when he's spouting that whole "Duh hurr hurr didja know that the Democrats owned slaves but the Republicans freed them 150 years ago??"

    If I wanted to hear that Confederate apologia bullshit I'd head over to Stormfront or something.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

    "The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

  9. #444
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,224
    Quote Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
    "Judicial Watch"...a slightly more polished InfoWars clone. LOL, yeah I'm sure that Adam Schiff is quaking in his boots:
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

    "The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

  10. #445
    Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    Join Date
    23 Aug 05
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    14,121
    So Tops you would prefer Obummer blankets to protect yourself and your loved ones from rolling track? Or Huugly effective Trump supplied Javelins? I am sure that Ukrainians have an actual preference.
    Wasn’t it that cigar smoker (Bubba) that promised Ukraine some American protection in exchange for them surrendering nuclear arms? Little did Ukraine know that the DNC offered protection was in fact blankets!
    Javelins are a tactical weapon and a symbol. US support is strategic.

    the money Ukraine gets from the US means significantly more than the Javelins, because the rebels the Ukrainians are fighting don't operate armor in any numbers, while the rebel state sponsor, Russia, would be able to fairly easily suppress and defeat the limited quantity of Ukrainian Javelins.

    bottom-line: Ukraine would far rather have a supportive US President than one whom actively hates Ukraine, tries to blackmail Ukraine, and has to be goaded into support because of extreme bipartisan Congressional pressure.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

  11. #446
    Banned Contributor
    Join Date
    03 Aug 09
    Location
    Te Rotorua-nui-a-Kahumatamomoe
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    As far as I understand it only the facts relating Trumpkins withholding aid (which he is not legally to do I believe) and asking for a personal favour - to announce an investigation into his political opponent - and his subsequent attempts to hide this 'quid pro quo' that he had no right to do by withholding all documents and witnesses from Congress - are what matter.
    Ukranian Government DISAGREES on Quid Pro Quo. All Democrat witness showed not even an iota of evidence other than hearsay.

    Releasing aid is not as simple as dispatching delivery from Amazon. Democrats are using this bureaucratic bottleneck to pin Republicans down which happened during Obama tenure as well.

    This is an example of what is NOT relevant. Get it?
    It is relevant, read all my answers. And keep your patronizing tone where the sun doesn't shine asshole.

  12. #447
    Banned Contributor
    Join Date
    03 Aug 09
    Location
    Te Rotorua-nui-a-Kahumatamomoe
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    It's all he's got. Just take pity on him and move on.
    Why pity, because your leftist apple cart got derailed.

    I wonder why this forum has become whore house of Leftist Democrats.

    Any Admin watching please intervene. Anyone who brings a difference of opinion gets hounded with predictable patronizing personal attacks. There are more moderators than the actual poster who are protected by yesmen raiding opposing opinion. A choaking Eco-Chamber it has become.
    Last edited by ambidex; 22 Dec 19, at 01:23.

  13. #448
    Senior Contributor GVChamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Aug 06
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by astralis View Post
    yes, and Obama was accused of being a communist Islamic terrorist by "the media" as well, what is your point?

    Bush was not impeached after two terms but Trump is now; Trump is not faultless in this.
    Yeah, I'll be first on the wagon for saying the Democrats are totally insane, but this entire thing is absolutely the fault of Donald Trump being a complete dumbass AND a complete blowhard. If he was either one or the other, he'd probably get away with it: Dan Qualye as President or Underwood as President. But both combined?

    "we've had vicious kings, and we've had idiot kings, but I don't think we've ever been cursed with a vicious, idiot king."

    Pelosi has basically been telegraphing for the last year "please don't make do this, I don't want to do this," and Trump just bumbles right into an impeachment that no one besides crazy leftists wanted.

    Trump just needs to pull a Silent Cal and just bang supermodels and break a champagne bottle on his wall, and then he'll go down as a perfectly adequate President. Instead...
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

  14. #449
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,224
    Quote Originally Posted by ambidex View Post
    Why pity, because your leftist apple cart got derailed.
    "Leftist" lol Oh that's always amusing as hell.

    Quote Originally Posted by ambidex View Post
    I wonder why this forum has become whore house of Leftist Democrats.

    Any Admin watching please intervene.
    Dude. Get lost. Seriously, just get lost. Find a new thread to pollute. Because I am an Admin and you really don't want me to intervene.

    And, in case it's escaped your notice, the other Admin has had it with your shit too.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

    "The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

  15. #450
    Senior Contributor GVChamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Aug 06
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by ambidex View Post
    Why pity, because your leftist apple cart got derailed.

    I wonder why this forum has become whore house of Leftist Democrats.

    Any Admin watching please intervene. Anyone who brings a difference of opinion gets hounded with predictable patronizing personal attacks. There are more moderators than the actual poster who are protected by yesmen raiding opposing opinion. A choaking Eco-Chamber it has become.
    There has always been a touch of Trump Derangement Syndrome, but there are no leftists here (at best, one very partisan Democrat, which is NOT the same a leftist).
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Cult of Donald Trump
    By TopHatter in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 25 Feb 20,, 02:17
  2. Donald Trump rallies infiltrated by paid Hillary Clinton operatives
    By Parihaka in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08 Nov 16,, 15:21
  3. Donald Trump Tells Friends He Will Run for President, Report Says
    By Julie in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02 Mar 11,, 20:01
  4. Donald Trump Has Disappointed Me
    By THL in forum International Economy
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09 Jan 07,, 21:11

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •