Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324

Thread: The Impeachment of Donald John Trump

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
    Top I would never defame you by labeling you as a Democrat. You listed yourself as a never trumper long ago. The ironic point of lefties attempting to quote the founding fathers and the constitution is always laughable as their idol LBG enjoys quoting the constitutions of other countries in her legal decisions. She particularly loves the constitution of South Africa! As far as I’m concerned using the constitutions of foreign nations as a measure for SCOTUS should have her removed from the court!
    Lefties arguments that the US Constitution is a living breathing document proves that they don’t give two craps about its content.
    Ok then, let's forget about Democrats. Let's just stick with Republicans:

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”

"Members of the Senate have said, 'I understand everything there is about this case, and I won't vote to impeach the president.' Please allow the facts to do the talking. Nobody knows what the articles of impeachment are. People have made up their mind in a political fashion that will hurt this country long term. If you can't vote for impeachment, give us the due justice to the case. Don't decide the case before the case is in. And this bothers me greatly.
    ~ Lindsey Graham on the Clinton Impeachment

20 years later...

"I think what's best for the country is to get this thing over with. I have clearly made up my mind. I'm not trying to hide the fact that I have disdain for the accusations in the process. So I don't need any witnesses. ... I am ready to vote on the underlying articles. I don't really need to hear a lot of witnesses."

"This thing will come to the Senate, and it will die quickly, and I will do everything I can to make it die quickly. I am trying to give a pretty clear signal I have made up my mind. I'm not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here. What I see coming, happening today is just a partisan nonsense."— Lindsey Graham on the Trump Impeachment

Then there's Trump's systematic obstruction of justice....something Republicans used to care about until Trump came along

"The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy on the Hilary Clinton investigation

Oh and speaking of people not giving two craps about the content of the Constitution, what was it that Donald Trump said about Article I, Section 9 of the Constitution?

“You people with this phony Emoluments Clause”

“I got sued on a thing called emoluments. Emoluments. You ever hear of the word? Nobody ever heard of it before.”

Sounds like Trump hasn't even read the Constitution, much less gives two shits about it.

So once again, I would absolutely love for someone, anyone, to defend Trump and the GOP without deflecting onto Democrats.

I'm still waiting.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

"The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Now that was a set up as you know that is simply not possible. Do you have lo-cal any popcorn by chance? Might take till hell freezes over...
    Oh completely impossible. Trump followers just freeze up and immediately start deflecting to Dems. Surfgun here is Exhibit A.

And no, the only popcorn I prepare will have real butter and real salt!
    ~ Lindsey Graham

~ Trey Gowdy

Don’t be that bully Tophatter.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=srWS4oXKk7Y
    Like minded mean spiritedness leads to such events. Like it or not it is indeed true.
    Last edited by surfgun; Yesterday at 23:55.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
    Don’t be that bully Tophatter.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=srWS4oXKk7Y
    Like minded mean spiritedness leads to such events. Like it or not it is indeed true.
    Dude. Seriously. The deflection. It's old. It's tired.

Trump, Donald J.
    President of the United States

Try. Just try to defend him, on his own.

Still waiting.
    ~ Lindsey Graham

~ Trey Gowdy

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Ok then, let's forget about Democrats. Let's just stick with Republicans:

"Members of the Senate have said, 'I understand everything there is about this case, and I won't vote to impeach the president.' Please allow the facts to do the talking. Nobody knows what the articles of impeachment are. People have made up their mind in a political fashion that will hurt this country long term. If you can't vote for impeachment, give us the due justice to the case. Don't decide the case before the case is in. And this bothers me greatly.
    ~ Lindsey Graham on the Clinton Impeachment

20 years later...

"I think what's best for the country is to get this thing over with. I have clearly made up my mind. I'm not trying to hide the fact that I have disdain for the accusations in the process. So I don't need any witnesses. ... I am ready to vote on the underlying articles. I don't really need to hear a lot of witnesses."

"This thing will come to the Senate, and it will die quickly, and I will do everything I can to make it die quickly. I am trying to give a pretty clear signal I have made up my mind. I'm not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here. What I see coming, happening today is just a partisan nonsense."— Lindsey Graham on the Trump Impeachment

Then there's Trump's systematic obstruction of justice....something Republicans used to care about until Trump came along

~ Trey Gowdy on the Hilary Clinton investigation

Oh and speaking of people not giving two craps about the content of the Constitution, what was it that Donald Trump said about Article I, Section 9 of the Constitution?

“You people with this phony Emoluments Clause”

“I got sued on a thing called emoluments. Emoluments. You ever hear of the word? Nobody ever heard of it before.”

Sounds like Trump hasn't even read the Constitution, much less gives two shits about it.

So once again, I would absolutely love for someone, anyone, to defend Trump and the GOP without deflecting onto Democrats.

I'm still waiting.
    Now there is a real piece of work, Lindsey Graham. Either he has shown his true colors or has been turned, turned into one unmitigated piece of scum. Hope this guy can live with himself every day now that he has lost all of what is most valuable, his integrity. Seems a whole lotta people have lost their integrity...

Thread Information