Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920

Thread: Impeachment Inquiry of Donald John Trump

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Rudy Giuliani Jokes That He Has 'Insurance' If Trump Throws Him Under The Bus

Rudy Giuliani told a reporter that he has “very, very good insurance” if President Donald Trump ever decides to throw him under the bus.

In a phone interview with The Guardian, journalist Stephanie Kirchgaessner asked the president’s personal attorney if he was nervous that Trump might do such a thing. Giuliani reportedly responded to the question with a slight laugh: “I’m not, but I do have very, very good insurance, so if he does, all my hospital bills will be paid.”

His lawyer, Robert Costello, who was also on the call, then interjected: “He’s joking.”

The question comes in the wake of speculation from analysts that such a move may be in the cards, after closed-door testimony from multiple witnesses during the impeachment probe described Giuliani as having a central role in the conversations and actions that led to the inquiry.

A recent Axios report cited top House Republican sources as describing a potential GOP plan to distance Trump from Giuliani as part of an impeachment survival strategy. The report cited a well-connected Republican source as saying “Rudy will be cut loose because he was rogue.”

Asked by The Guardian whether he believed Trump would remain loyal to him, Giuliani said he believed the president to be a “very loyal guy.”

“I did what a good lawyer is supposed to do,” Giuliani reportedly said. “I dug up evidence that helped to show the case against him was false; that there was a great deal of collusion going on someplace else other than Russia. And then I stepped on the number one minefield, which is Joe Biden, who is heavily protected by the Washington press corps.”

Giuliani was subpoenaed as part of the House’s investigation into Trump’s alleged efforts to pressure the Ukrainian government into investigating 2020 political rival Joe Biden in exchange for U.S. military aid and a White House invitation. He is also being investigated by federal prosecutors in New York over his ties to Soviet-born Florida businessmen Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who were charged and indicted with campaign finance violations, and allegedly aided Giuliani’s efforts to advance Trump’s interests in Ukraine.

Jfc...This just gets juicier and juicier.

So Rudy telegraphs loud and clear that he's got a mountain of shit he can drop on Trump (his lawyer probably shit a mountain himself when he heard that) but he also believes Trump to be a "very loyal guy"....the same Donald Trump that would probably knife his own spawn in the back if it would benefit him.

Come back over to the rule of law Rudy...you used to put Mafia thugs in the clink left and right, you know what they're loyal to. You can do that again and redeem yourself, become America's Mayor again and people will remember you as a true patriot.

Or you can go down in history as just another Trump chump.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

"The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    every single one of the GOP arguments is so stupid, i feel dumber for having listened to them in the first place.

"there was no quid pro quo" --> Mulvaney says there is

"quid pro quo happens all the time" --> not against domestic political opponents they don't (and this seems to be where the GOP base is; IIRC some 65% of them think that this is perfectly legitimate and that every President does it.)

"Trump was only looking to address Ukraine's general corruption problems" --> Trump says loudly that he only cares about Biden's stuff (plus the idea that the guy who paid off Stormy Daniels for her silence before an election cares about corruption...lol)

"everything is all second hand" --> turns out there were people in the room that overheard it, plus Trump deliberately blocked his own people whom would have first hand knowledge from testifying claiming executive privilege

"the whistleblowers are all deep state never-Trumpers" --> which has nothing to do with them testifying under oath regarding what they heard

"the entire process is illegitimate and I refuse to comment further" --> the argument of Lindsey Graham, whom got tired of changing arguments on a daily basis

"the hearing should be public, what are they trying to hide?" --> turns out Trump -didn't- want the hearings public

now it's rapidly devolving into conspiracy theories about the likes of Vindman and Taylor (decorated vets) and Sondland as a never-Trumper (only he was a Trump campaign bundler...).

so much contortion. they might as well just go down the Graham and McCarthy route of saying that no amount of evidence will lead them to impeach/convict Trump. it'd be more honest and less stupid for everyone involved.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Listening to half of them they pretty much say that since Trump didn't actually use the words "this is a quid pro quo" in the conversation it isn't one. That makes my head spin as Trump has been a scratch my back I'll scratch your back kind of guy his entire career.

I'm sure he appreciates and understands this very well...

"Someday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day."

Even Don Corleone didn't say "quid pro quo" as if he had to
    Last edited by tbm3fan; 15 Nov 19, at 18:12.

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    so Roger Stone is going to prison, where he belongs.

he joins Michael Flynn.

Rick Gates.

Paul Manafort.

Michael Cohen.

George Papadopoulos.

I hope they're soon to be joined by Rudy Giuliani.

and one day, maybe, Donald J. Trump.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    there's a great Washington Post article now about how one relatively junior CIA whistleblower started this whole process. no new news, just a detailed summary of everything that has gone on up until now:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...dce_story.html

the list of people whom stood up for what was right against this unofficial channel which tried to screw over a US partner for Trump's political campaigning should be remembered by all Americans.

the whistleblower's name, if and when he/she chooses to reveal their identity.

William Taylor.

George Kent.

Alexander Vindland.

Marie Yovanovitch.

yet the bravery of the one whom spoke up outshines the last four.

contrast these Americans with the incarcerated scum in the preceding post.
    Last edited by astralis; 16 Nov 19, at 22:25.

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by astralis View Post
    there's a great Washington Post article now about how one relatively junior CIA whistleblower started this whole process. no new news, just a detailed summary of everything that has gone on up until now:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...dce_story.html

the list of people whom stood up for what was right against this unofficial channel which tried to screw over a US partner for Trump's political campaigning should be remembered by all Americans.

the whistleblower's name, if and when he/she chooses to reveal their identity.

William Taylor.

George Kent.

Alexander Vindland.

Marie Yovanovitch.

yet the bravery of the one whom spoke up outshines the last four.

contrast these Americans with the incarcerated scum in the preceding post.
    I'm looking forward to the public interview of Sondland in the coming days. The people listed all have seemingly put him in a spot now with his closed door testimony. They are professional State Department diplomats who do things by the book and keep records as one would expect. Sondland, being simply a GOP donor and certainly no ambassador, didn't perform that way. Hell, he had a conversation on a unsecured cell phone with the Russian FSB and Ukrainian Security Service no doubt listening in. Now how many "I don't recalls" will come out of his mouth. Do I protect Trump by risk of lying or do I keep my ass out of legal jeopardy?

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    there's now a renewed slime campaign against Vindman led by Sen Ron Johnson (R-Wis) prior to his testimony.

"“A significant number of bureaucrats and staff members within the executive branch have never accepted President Trump as legitimate and resent his unorthodox style and his intrusion onto their ‘turf’,” Johnson wrote. “They react by leaking to the press and participating in the ongoing effort to sabotage his policies and, if possible, remove him from office. It is entirely possible that Vindman fits this profile.”"

what a POS.

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Defense Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by astralis View Post
    there's now a renewed slime campaign against Vindman led by Sen Ron Johnson (R-Wis) prior to his testimony.

"“A significant number of bureaucrats and staff members within the executive branch have never accepted President Trump as legitimate and resent his unorthodox style and his intrusion onto their ‘turf’,” Johnson wrote. “They react by leaking to the press and participating in the ongoing effort to sabotage his policies and, if possible, remove him from office. It is entirely possible that Vindman fits this profile.”"

what a POS.
    He's a serving US Army officer who swore an oath to the Constitution five different times during his career.

He was assigned to the NSC by DOD and is not a political appointee.

What would Johnson, who never served a day in his life in uniform (just like someone else), know about the honor and integrity of an Army officer.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    Johnson wrote that in such a way that he could deny that he's attacking Vindman. "It is entirely possible..."

worst time of slime: insulting and cowardly to boot.

Thread Information