The 2019-2020 Impeachment, Trial and Acquittal of Donald John Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    did you miss the part about every president since clinton ? so its not just the donald then is it.

This balatant corruption of officials i got a earful of when Obama was in office thanks to his Chicago connections.

It's as if once the commies went away you turned in on yourselves.

THAT is where i'm going here.
    So, you're comparing Trump to...Clinton, Bush II and Obama?

And considering them all equal in corruption?

Ok...that's...OK. I guess.

Jesus fucking Christ....
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
      So, you're comparing Trump to...Clinton, Bush II and Obama?

And considering them all equal in corruption?

Ok...that's...OK. I guess.

Jesus fucking Christ....
      In the sense moves were afoot to oust each of them one way or the other

The same corruption allegations were doing the rounds by the opposition with Obama then as they are now.

I'm asking when this hyper partisan bullcrap is going to end ? not in the forseeable future

Where are the convictions. All we get are these show trials.

The lawyers are laughing all the way to the bank.

I see these corruption trials as serving one purpose only.

Witch hunts to settle political scores.

All like a good game of american football. I suppose that is how we should be seeing this.

Love the timing.
      Last edited by Double Edge; 25 Sep 19,, 22:18.

Comment

Amazing thing in this story is a spat between Russia & Ukraine ends up implicating the president, twice (!)

We had the collusion business and the day after that witch hunt ended the next one with Zellensky begins.

Trump says he will help Ukraine with weapons if they can dig up some dirt on Biden.

How the hell do the Ukrainians know this much about Biden (!)
        Last edited by Double Edge; 25 Sep 19,, 22:42.

Comment

DE,

Why is it that ever since Clinton there has been some movement to oust every sitting president since ?

Definitely an improvement from shooting the guy but c'mon...

Is four years so long to wait or is there a fear that if you don't get rid of him chances are good he and his corrupt cronies will get him a second term. Not many presidents end with a single terms. Most had two

The problem with this imposing of costs is it takes way from what he was put in office to do.
          that's not true. there was no similar movement with Bush Jr (either term) or Obama (either term).

sure, people TALKED about impeachment, but no one actually went and did it even when it was possible-- because the fate of the House GOP following the Clinton impeachment was a lesson learned.

neither Bush nor Obama were worried about impeachment in the least.

Trump, on the other hand, deliberately picks fights he doesn't need to have. because that's what he likes. Pelosi absolutely didn't want to touch the impeachment button until her hand was forced by the very people she was trying to protect!
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
            Trump, on the other hand, deliberately picks fights he doesn't need to have. because that's what he likes.
            Even a boxer when gets hit enough in the head learns how to duck. First thing they teach you about OPSEC - SHUT UP!
            Chimo

Comment

And so the idea is to commence proceedings before the elections begin and then he has lost by default.

Slow clap
              Works for me.
              When POTUS tries to get foreign governments — plural, an established pattern of behavior — to undermine American democracy, institutions, and our relationship with the truth, the gloves come off.
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                DE,

that's not true. there was no similar movement with Bush Jr (either term) or Obama (either term).

sure, people TALKED about impeachment, but no one actually went and did it even when it was possible-- because the fate of the House GOP following the Clinton impeachment was a lesson learned.

neither Bush nor Obama were worried about impeachment in the least.

Trump, on the other hand, deliberately picks fights he doesn't need to have. because that's what he likes. Pelosi absolutely didn't want to touch the impeachment button until her hand was forced by the very people she was trying to protect!
                I guess that talking about it is what threw me.

How many US presidents have been impeached. Before Clinton just one. Andrew Johnson.

You go two hundred years with just one impeachment.

And with Clinton and beyond its either talking about it or doing it.

You see what i mean ?

It's like hey if we can't win we can always try for an impeachment.

This is not what impeachment is for.

Comment

You're so right! Let's ask Lindsey Graham, R-SC, and staunch defender of Donald Trump what impeachment is for:

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Declassified Version Of The Whistleblower Complaint Released To The Public

A declassified version of the whistleblower complaint into President Trump’s conversations with Ukrainian officials about a potential investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter was made public on Thursday morning.

In the 9-page complaint, dated August 12, the unnamed whistleblower cites conversations and details provided by "more than half a dozen U.S. officials,” alleging that Trump is “using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election.”

The public release of the complaint comes a day after the White House released a memo summarizing Trump’s controversial July 25 phone call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky in which Trump repeatedly urged Zelensky to investigate Biden and son, who sat on the board of a Ukrainian gas company during Biden’s term as vice president.

On Tuesday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump’s behavior. Link

If this doesn't justify an impeachment inquiry than I don't what the FUCK does.

Comment

ok so Trump was interested in taking Biden out since he likely is the strongest Democrat candidate.

And this is their counter response.

Let the games begin

Comment

I guess that talking about it is what threw me.

How many US presidents have been impeached. Before Clinton just one. Andrew Johnson.

You go two hundred years with just one impeachment.

And with Clinton and beyond its either talking about it or doing it.

You see what i mean ?

It's like hey if we can't win we can always try for an impeachment.

Actually 3 presidents. Nixon resigned before the vote was taken in the full House but it was a foregone conclusion. The votes were there.

The thing to note was the majority of the American people were against impeachment prior to the hearings. By the time the Watergate hearings were done the population had shifted and the majority wanted Nixon impeached.

I am not trying to read the tea leaves but we may see the same shift occur in the current environment.
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

ok so Trump was interested in taking Biden out since he likely is the strongest Democrat candidate.

Let the games begin
                          That is clear-thinking & concise summation of the situation, you have my sincere compliments.

On a related note, here's Adam Schiff's summation of the phone call. Dead-on accurate. This is Donald Trump's NYC-born and bred modus operandi

The transcript of the call reads like a classic mob shakedown:

– We do a lot for Ukraine
                          – There’s not much reciprocity
                          – I have a favor to ask
                          – Investigate my opponent
                          – My people will be in touch

Nice country you got there.

It would be a shame if something happened to her.

Comment

Let the games begin
                            In US politics, it is not normal for someone to invite foreign governments to “take out” an opposing candidate. This is so far off track from normal, lawful politics that this impeachment has become the final litmus test:

Party, or Country.
                            Now is the time to make your stand.
                            There will be no do-overs after this.
                            Get on the wrong side of this one, and no one will ever forget.
                            Trust me?
                            I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                              In US politics, it is not normal for someone to invite foreign governments to “take out” an opposing candidate. This is so far off track from normal, lawful politics that this impeachment has become the final litmus test:

Party, or Country.
                              Now is the time to make your stand.
                              There will be no do-overs after this.
                              Get on the wrong side of this one, and no one will ever forget.
                              You don't think this sort of thing is normal ? Normally foreign govts are not required local resources are good enough

the problem here is there seems to be some proof

It funny a few years ago the Euros complained how the Americans bugged their communications and yet here is an administration that leaks like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                                Actually 3 presidents. Nixon resigned before the vote was taken in the full House but it was a foregone conclusion. The votes were there.

The thing to note was the majority of the American people were against impeachment prior to the hearings. By the time the Watergate hearings were done the population had shifted and the majority wanted Nixon impeached.

I am not trying to read the tea leaves but we may see the same shift occur in the current environment.
                                Fine, Nixon was for a grave offence.

I don't agree that what Clinton did qualified and i'm not sure i agree with this one on Trump either.

Comment

Working...
                                X