X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shahed 129

Source wiki

Capable of carrying 4 × Sadid-345 PGM
    Though the Shahed 129 airframe is likely capable of its claimed 1700 km combat range, it relies on a ground control station, which Iranian state media say is limited to a 200 km datalink Independent analysts are more positive, saying the effective range is likely 300–400 km, but are clear that the drone's reliance on a ground station severely circumscribes its effective range. Other experts say the Shahed 129's datalink could likely not reach even 200 km.The drone can use an autopilot system, similar to that used on the Karrar UAV, to follow predefined way-points beyond its control station's communication range. The Shahed is claimed to have a 24-hour endurance, which is considered plausible but has not been independently verified

Can't see anything else Iranian (UAV) that carries munitions yet, Anybody else got anything?

Comment

If I was a betting man, My money would not be on Iran being behind the weekend attack on the Saudi oil facilities. It simply doesn't add up! Current elections in Israel and the loss of John Bolton, a key player alongside Netanyahu are where my suspicions lie, that and the apparent sophistication behind the attacks point in one direction and its certainly not Iran and its defo not the Hoots

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        Why ? he doesn't want a war with Iran and neither do the Saudis
        I can only hope that's true. The problem is when his fragile super-ego gets involved and overrides what little common sense he has (if any).

Think back to May when mines were found in the strait. In June Iran downed a US drone. What was his response ? call off the attack at the last minute.
        That was the usual pack of Trump lies.

"We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die," Trump said in a series of tweets Friday.

Upon hearing the projected death toll, Trump said, he decided that the strike was not "proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone." The president said he put a halt to the operation 10 minutes before the strike was set to begin.
        He would've been briefed on all of that long before this "at the last minute" pile of crap or would've asked about causalities if he was really worried about the human toll of a strike. The man is a pathological liar.

China will lose more and there won't be a trade war.
        Couple things: First do you know what a Pyrrhic Victory is?

Also, what part of "the cost to American farmers alone is in the billions" did you not get? Let me spell this out for you: There Already Is A Trade War. It's Happening RIGHT NOW.

This is a guy who thinks other people should solve their own problems. He hasn't done anything to make me worried, at the end of his three year term.
        The man's mental condition is deteriorating, likely from dementia. That doesn't bother you? Also, what "three year term" are you talking about?

What would have queered things was making a deal with the Taliban and he put that worry to rest.
        Inviting the Taliban to the United States on the week of the anniversary of 9/11 in this first place, but cancelling (supposedly) only because of a terrorist attack in Afghanistan...that doesn't bother you? That doesn't worry you?
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

He will handle it in the way he thinks fit.

He/Trump and fit in the same sentence. Mmm, somehow it just doesn't work for me...

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            I can only hope that's true. The problem is when his fragile super-ego gets involved and overrides what little common sense he has (if any).
            Saudis get the last word. They don't want a war because they will be in the firing line. They want constant American pressure and nothing more.

There is zero appetite for more war in the US and that was true years before Trump even showed up. Even his base does not want war. The world can go to hell as far as your people are concerned.

That was the usual pack of Trump lies.

He would've been briefed on all of that long before this "at the last minute" pile of crap or would've asked about causalities if he was really worried about the human toll of a strike. The man is a pathological liar.
            Can't speak about the reason for calling it off, just pointing out that he called it off. What i hear from commentators is he refuses to be goaded into war.

Couple things: First do you know what a Pyrrhic Victory is?

Also, what part of "the cost to American farmers alone is in the billions" did you not get? Let me spell this out for you: There Already Is A Trade War. It's Happening RIGHT NOW.
            Then why are talks still on ? this is a game of chicken that the Chinese cannot win.

Are there losses sure, whatever you think is bad its worse on the other side. Difference is you talk about it, they cannot.

The man's mental condition is deteriorating, likely from dementia. That doesn't bother you? Also, what "three year term" are you talking about?
            Meant to say end of three years of his term. So a fairly long time and we have seen his behaviour.

This guy is not into wars. He's into business. He's not starting any wars unless the states gets bombed and thousands die.

Pompeo is the only remaining hawk in the cabinet. Let's see how long he lasts.

What you see as dementia others see as madness or unreliable. This mindset for a negotiator is a lethal combination.

Inviting the Taliban to the United States on the week of the anniversary of 9/11 in this first place, but cancelling (supposedly) only because of a terrorist attack in Afghanistan...that doesn't bother you? That doesn't worry you?
            Lousy optics and thoughtless. As an ex-New yorker who witnessed 9/11 very offensive.

But he strung the Taliban along until the last minute and then called it off.

What can he do different now ? i don't know. But i'm not complaining for the moment.
            Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Sep 19,, 03:10.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
              He/Trump and fit in the same sentence. Mmm, somehow it just doesn't work for me...
              You see his domestic side, i see how he interacts with the world.

I can't say he has done wrong so far. Different ? certainly.

What his second term will be like is anybody's guess. That's the way he likes it.

Keeping everybody guessing and retaining the initiative.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                If I was a betting man, My money would not be on Iran being behind the weekend attack on the Saudi oil facilities. It simply doesn't add up! Current elections in Israel and the loss of John Bolton, a key player alongside Netanyahu are where my suspicions lie, that and the apparent sophistication behind the attacks point in one direction and its certainly not Iran and its defo not the Hoots
                False flag ?

I was arguing with some one elsewhere who thought it was the Saudis that dun it.

Comment

You see his domestic side, i see how he interacts with the world.

I can't say he has done wrong so far. Different ? certainly.

What his second term will be like is anybody's guess. That's the way he likes it.

Keeping everybody guessing and retaining the initiative.
                  Hmm, disses our long term allies and cozy up to autocratic rulers.

Does that mean you approve of autocratic rulers?

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                    Hmm, disses our long term allies and cozy up to autocratic rulers.

Does that mean you approve of autocratic rulers?
                    Autocrats that the US has a problem with in the intent to resolve differences. Putin & Kim. Erdogan isn't going any where and Rouhani is still up in the air. What about Xi though ? not really cozying up there is he.

Only two out of five

Allies what he is doing is what earlier presidents have said behind closed doors already.

Do i like it ? no. It creates doubt in our minds about American resolve.

At the same time US can't be on the first responder every time there is a crisis some where. The world still expects this and hopes with another president things will be different. It wont. We are still habituated to a time when US economy comprised 30% of world GDP. It's around 17% these days.

Regional problems need regional actors to resolve them. Easier said than done, unfortunately.

For example, I see no way for the US to exit the Gulf. Nether Iran or the Saudis has a decisive advantage over the other so they will always be going at each other. Meaning a more powerful third party is required to balance things.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 18 Sep 19,, 07:19.

Comment

Open source intel that publically points to Iranian involvement

https://www.armscontrolwonk.com/arch...et-the-quds-1/
                      Chimo

Comment

Also steel is getting hammered right now as well as well as farmers. The trade war is very real.

Trump's foreign policy is guided by just one thing....what will best enrich Trump Industries.

Putin has him wrapped around his little finger.

I swear there has to be a piss tape....
                        Last edited by Albany Rifles; 18 Sep 19,, 15:24.
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

What has he been able to offer Putin ?

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                            Open source intel that publically points to Iranian involvement

https://www.armscontrolwonk.com/arch...et-the-quds-1/
                            So we're now looking at a cruise missile strike and not a drone led op. Does anybody here know the accuracy of those things, have any experience of them?

Comment

False flag ?

I was arguing with some one elsewhere who thought it was the Saudis that dun it.
                              I let my mind wander last night, Netanyahu is not doing as well in the polls and relies on his strong man image. Nothing like a little fear to help the voters decide

Comment

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                                So we're now looking at a cruise missile strike and not a drone led op. Does anybody here know the accuracy of those things, have any experience of them?
                                It's claimed to be 50m CEP. Saudi ARAMCO claimed to be a missile attack, supposedly they have found fragments of the strike vehicle. These were soft targets, well within the capabilities of said missiles.
                                Chimo

Comment

Working...
                                X