This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam Bot Attack

As some of you might have noticed, the board is under sustained attack by spam bots. I'm doing my best to delete them as they arrive but I won't be able to monitor things constantly.

If you see a spam post, just ignore it, don't respond to it or report it. It will be cleared out when I'm able.

Thanks!
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Reporting is best that way you have a short list of candidates to get to

Next time that is what i will do.

Why didn't i think of this before : (

some times you see crap happening and just stare.....
    Last edited by Double Edge; 25 Jul 19,, 18:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Reporting is best that way you have a short list of candidates to get to

Next time that is what i will do.

Why didn't i think of this before : (

some times you see crap happening and just stare.....
      Normally you would indeed Report spam posts. In this case, it's unnecessary.
      The most important thing is not Replying to or acknowledging spam posts in any way (it simply means more clean up work)
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

It's a sad day when a mod takes away an old man's only jollies.
        Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
          It's a sad day when a mod takes away an old man's only jollies.
          It pains me to do so, Sir. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            As some of you might have noticed, the board is under sustained attack by spam bots. I'm doing my best to delete them as they arrive but I won't be able to monitor things constantly.

If you see a spam post, just ignore it, don't respond to it or report it. It will be cleared out when I'm able.

Thanks!
            Why are we, or why are you, so popular. Must be all those banned coming back to haunt you.

Comment

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between reporting posts. Please try again in 32 seconds.
              hah

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                Why are we, or why are you, so popular. Must be all those banned coming back to haunt you.
                I always figured it was the Colonel doing a mock drill : D

Comment

Woohoo! 8 bots reported. Looks like they're coming in at the rate of one every hour

Comment

Woohoo! 8 bots reported. Looks like they're coming in at the rate of one every hour
                    DE, seriously, you don't have to report them this time. Thank you for your efforts though.

Comment

99 spam bots on the wall
                      99 spam bots on the wall
                      BANG! one fell off
                      98 spam bots on the wall

98 spam bots on the wall
                      98 spam bots on the wall
                      BANG! one fell off
                      97 spam bots on the wall

Comment

99 spam bots on the wall
                        99 spam bots on the wall
                        BANG! one fell off
                        98 spam bots on the wall

98 spam bots on the wall
                        98 spam bots on the wall
                        BANG! one fell off
                        97 spam bots on the wall
                        Been drinking again...?

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                          Been drinking again...?
                          How many has it been so far ? twenty down for the day

Spam bots i mean : )

Comment

Add ten more

Comment

I always figured it was the Colonel doing a mock drill : D
                              I doubt it, unless a spammer's ID starts with celi**
                              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Working...
                              X