Trump's 4th Of July Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's 4th Of July Parade

Newly refurbished, good as new. Come kick the tracks!

hey, i'd be all for Sherman tanks to be dragged out of some WWII museum, refurbished and put in a parade. it'd be even better if this could happen in certain areas of the South, too.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

I am sure someone thinks that refurbishing Sherman tanks for some photo opportunity is a good use of military funds but they must be insane when you are close to $1trillion deficit per year due to making the wealthy the wealthier in tax cuts.

Comment

Who knew paint and a ring job cost so much? Most likely some dusty warehouse had a supply of spare parts to get a couple Sherman’s up and going. Just think of all those guys at the motor pool that would jump at the chance to work on one.

Comment

Trump's 4th Of July Parade

Originally posted by snapper View Post
          There are real racists - people who truly believe white or 'Aryan' (though accurately they are Indian) people are in some way 'superior' - and those who use racism to garner attention and support. I am not convinced that Trumpkin is the former.
          Trump is, as Double Edge pointed out, a product of his generation, where looking down your nose at brown or black people was still fairly acceptable. Full-on racist, believing that the White Man is inherently superior to all other races...eh, maybe, who knows.
          He's certainly think's HE is better than everybody else, but that's just his malignant narcissism in action. At the very least, he's incredibly prejudiced.

Originally posted by snapper View Post
          Now I hear there will be a "new Sherman tank" at some 4th July military parade? I know this guy is a dimwit but military parades when you are not at war should not happen. If he can command the military without oversight from Congress onto the streets - what hope is there of voting him out? Remember he questioned the result before the last election. The Republic Party in the US and that half senile leader of theirs in the Senate have betrayed their oaths to your Constitution and are accomplices to treachery, embezzlement and conspiracy.
          Ah yes, in addition to bringing back the beautiful coal industry, President Dementia is going to party like it's 1945, with new Sherman tanks!
          The media asked the Pentagon what the fuck that's supposed to mean and the Pentagon did the only thing they could do, which was say absolutely nothing.
          Naturally the Trump Kool-Aid drinkers are making the usual excuses about him meaning something else....as if saying "new Sherman tanks" could possibly be anything but yet another sign of Trump's cognitive abilities slipping away.

He also wants the JCS to stand by him at the parade like he's Joseph Stalin or something...and he's got a special seating area for friends and supporters that he's selling tickets to.

And people continue to drink the Kool-Aid. Unbelievable.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I’m sure the Blue’s should be able to put on a grand show. How often does a demo team get the chance to perform over the D.C?
            https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2019/...-c/1596811001/

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle
              But, she says it's mentioned in the Vedas? So.....okay just answer this, not gonna derail this thread.

MAGA! :D :D
              I'm with you! Make Antarctica Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                I'm with you! Make Antarctica Great Again!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Emperor_Penguin_Manchot_empereur.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	1478196

That yellow tinge beneath the ears and on the neck. Emperor Penguin. Emperor. Emperor. Yeah, Trump sure would like this name. Emperor.
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

You have got the girth around the waist correct.

Say isn't that the il duce of the penguin nation?

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                    Ah yes, in addition to bringing back the beautiful coal industry, President Dementia is going to party like it's 1945, with new Sherman tanks!
                    The media asked the Pentagon what the fuck that's supposed to mean and the Pentagon did the only thing they could do, which was say absolutely nothing.
                    Naturally the Trump Kool-Aid drinkers are making the usual excuses about him meaning something else....as if saying "new Sherman tanks" could possibly be anything but yet another sign of Trump's cognitive abilities slipping away.

He also wants the JCS to stand by him at the parade like he's Joseph Stalin or something...and he's got a special seating area for friends and supporters that he's selling tickets to.

And people continue to drink the Kool-Aid. Unbelievable.
                    I really don't like the image that will be presented tomorrow. Tanks, today, are more a symbol of oppression rather than freedom to many around the world. Seeing tanks, around National buildings in the Capital of the United States, is also not a symbol of freedom but an image of things from past days and other places.

You mention ol' Joe with him up on his platform staring down at the parade of military hardware during May Day. Not a symbol of freedom. Then there were the tanks in Tiananmen Square which were clearly a symbol of oppression in forcefully putting down a peaceful protest. This is not good...

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                      I really don't like the image that will be presented tomorrow. Tanks, today, are more a symbol of oppression rather than freedom to many around the world. Seeing tanks, around National buildings in the Capital of the United States, is also not a symbol of freedom but an image of things from past days and other places.

You mention ol' Joe with him up on his platform staring down at the parade of military hardware during May Day. Not a symbol of freedom. Then there were the tanks in Tiananmen Square which were clearly a symbol of oppression in forcefully putting down a peaceful protest. This is not good...
                      It may not stand for freedom, but considering the number of countries bombed and/or invaded by the US in the last several decades (with more to come soon seems like), it would be a more accurate depiction of what the US stands for. I applaud President Trump for not pretending otherwise anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                        It may not stand for freedom, but considering the number of countries bombed and/or invaded by the US in the last several decades (with more to come soon seems like), it would be a more accurate depiction of what the US stands for. I applaud President Trump for not pretending otherwise anymore.
                        Well, I've heard that M1A3s were asked for to go on parade, but there was a typo. Some colonel in the Pentagon fat-fingered the wrong key when typing up the requisition order. So instead we'll be seeing M2A3s for the parade.

I approve.
                        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Uproar of a static display is all about silly. A static display of hardware that helps preserve liberty is hardly offensive. It is hardware after all is one of the reasons for the uprising against the crown that led to Independence Day in the first place. After the fireworks display the smell of burnt powder will be heavy in the air. The smell of victory/independence.

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                            After the fireworks display the smell of burnt powder will be heavy in the air. The smell of victory/independence.
                            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                              Uproar of a static display is all about silly. A static display of hardware that helps preserve liberty is hardly offensive.
                              Trump is treating this like a fucking campaign rally and THAT'S what's offensive.

"Put troops out there so we can thank them — leave tanks for Red Square”

~ Gen. Anthony C. Zinni, USMC (Ret.)
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X