No announcement yet.

Trump's 4th Of July Parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeeze, I guess watching an airshow is Stalinistic?
    A bit of selective outrage I think.

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
      Jeeze, I guess watching an airshow is Stalinistic?
      A bit of selective outrage I think.
      Yeah, because I clearly said "AIR SHOW" on multiple occasions.

Gimme a fuckin' break.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

There is regularly static displays at air shows. Is that problematic?
        What makes one hate a tank more than an A-10?
        I wouldn’t have a problem with a Freedom Class LCS shredding up the Potomac. What say you?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q98yrPKxmig

Comment

Lots of people watch planes takeoff, fly, and land. Millions of people could watch the same planes where I live, if they wanted. The planes are distant, not in your face, and they're more of an abstraction and curiosity if you're inclined to watch.

When a tank rolls down the street in your neighborhood, that's a little more in your face and aggressive. Not abstract. More direct, up close, and personal.

I don't care about the Donald's tank parade. But there is a difference between seeing a plane at some distance and having a tank in your face.
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

But the tanks will Not be rolling. They are being placed in a static position overnight tonight. They are no more menacing than the ones that sit in front of VFW’s across the country.

Comment

I think Trump got the tank idea from Russia, China, NKorea and India. If we can do it, that is show off some teeth, why cannot Trump. :D

Happy 4th of July guys.
              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                Yes it does, because Trump supporters have this badly mistaken notion that in 2016 "The American people have spoken!"
                Let's for arguments sake say he wins a second term.

What will you say then ?

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                  Uproar of a static display is all about silly. A static display of hardware that helps preserve liberty is hardly offensive. It is hardware after all is one of the reasons for the uprising against the crown that led to Independence Day in the first place. After the fireworks display the smell of burnt powder will be heavy in the air. The smell of victory/independence.
                  Wait a minute, did you say static ? as in nothing moves.

No tanks rolling down the boulevard, no ballistic missiles being paraded

The opposition will make a noise about everything. Ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                    I think Trump got the tank idea from Russia, China, NKorea and India. If we can do it, that is show off some teeth, why cannot Trump. :D

Happy 4th of July guys.
                    No he did not, he hates that kind of Soviet display like most Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                      I don't think Trump dislikes anything Soviet/Russia. And he is not like most Americans.
                      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Let's for arguments sake say he wins a second term.

What will you say then ?
                        Well that would greatly depend on the popular vote vs the Electoral College again, now wouldn't it.

If he loses the popular vote (again) by the greatest number in US history (again), then I'll say exact the same thing: The American people have spoken against Trump.
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

No tanks rolling down the boulevard
                          Pretty sure that's only because they'd turn the boulevard into rubble if they did.

no ballistic missiles being paraded
                          Oh! Well that makes it all different then, now doesn't it!

The opposition will make a noise about everything. Ignore them.[/QUOTE]

Funny how the opposition in this case is the U.S. military.

And exactly how would you know that? He sure as shit loves authoritarians and dictators. He wants tanks rolling down the boulevard, and the Joint Chiefs standing next to him on the parade stand.

I'm sorry, but do you know anything about Donald Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                            I don't think Trump dislikes anything Soviet/Russia. And he is not like most Americans.
                            That's something that Double Edge just doesn't seem to comprehend.

Comment

[QUOTE=TopHatter;1052316]Pretty sure that's only because they'd turn the boulevard into rubble if they did.

Hmmm.. short memory?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PDv0ZG0AFDw

Comment

Funny how the opposition in this case is the U.S. military.
                                What is the reason ?

And exactly how would you know that? He sure as shit loves authoritarians and dictators. He wants tanks rolling down the boulevard, and the Joint Chiefs standing next to him on the parade stand.

I'm sorry, but do you know anything about Donald Trump?
                                Because he turned down our invite for Republic day. Maybe because he didn't want to see Russian stuff on display.

If it was American maybe that would be different.

But think about it, when have you ever had tanks and other stuff roll down streets for national day events ? never happened has it. Why.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 04 Jul 19,, 13:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X