Charlottesville White Supremacist/Murderer Sentenced To Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    This popular vote line gets repeated ad infintum. You say its because of the electoral college.
    Yes it does, because Trump supporters have this badly mistaken notion that in 2016 "The American people have spoken!"

The last time the Democrats refused the results of an election they opened fire on Fort Sumter.
    Entirely irrelevant as the Democratic Party of 1860 does not even remotely resemble the Democratic Party of 2016.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

But no successful case filed against him yet ?
      Considering that the US Congress didn't lift a finger for the first two years he was in office, thanks to the GOP, I'd say we're still really early in the game.

As for State cases, these also take time, especially when Trump throws up as many legal roadblocks as he possibly can to stymie investigators.

There are enough lawyers, funds and motivation to take this guy to the cleaners yet nothing.
      "Nothing yet" is the operative phrase and again, when you've got Congress shielding you for literally years, it's difficult to say there's "motivation"
      There was motivation all right, motivation to do absolutely nothing against him.

And now that the House is investigating him, he's doing everything he possibly can to stonewall and obstruct. As usual.

Who is he inciting violence against ? people who gatecrash his rallies and abuse him.

If i change the context to a football game, as in the one you don't use your hands. There are barriers that separate the fans. Depending on the rivalry between competing teams emotions can run pretty high. Being in the wrong camp and yelling for your team is going to be unwelcome. That is how i see protesters at his rallies. They are more disruptors than protesters.
      I'm sorry, but this isn't Europe or elsewhere. This is the United States. We don't have barriers separating fans at sporting events.

And politicians don't advocate or incite violence against protestors or people on 'competing teams'. Can't speak for other countries of course.

I continue to be impressed by the amount of abuse this man gets. It's phenomenal. There are journalists that could for lack of a better term be considered hostile. In fact such journalists have been ejected from press conferences at times. All to create a sensation.
      You know what's really phenomenal? The amount of abuse this man dishes out. Like declaring 'fake news journalists' to be the Enemy Of The People. Fake news of course is anything that accurately reports on his bullshit.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
        You know, I ran into a New York couple at the bar one night. They've been out here for 5 years. They're in generally the same field I am, but on the programming end.

You could call them hyper-political social justice warriors pretty much on the far left of the spectrum. The type of people whose every waking moment (and possibly their dreams too) are consumed by political thought. They were so utterly clueless as to trends in the Rust Belt and Midwest in general, that people have lost their jobs, homes, marriages, are living in regions that have been mostly mired in economic recession and depression for over three decades.
        Yeah that's a BIG reason why I disdain hyper-political types of every stripe, but especially the liberals that you described.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
          nah, HRC's main weakness wasn't so much her campaign, it was just herself as a person. she was an experienced politico-- something which she leaned hard into-- at a time when people in swing states didn't want an experienced politico.
          lol yes, like I said: people just plain didn't like her and her decades-old wagon train of scandal and bullshit.

she pointed out quite accurately that while it was perfectly true that she didn't spend time in Wisconsin, she DID spend a lot of time in Florida and Pennsylvania-- and she still lost those states.
          Eh, I dunno. Bill was pretty adamant about her getting out there to the blue-collar voter and her campaign advisors were like "Meh"

i doubt Sanders would have done better were he the Dem nominee.
          Worse. FAR worse.

Comment

There are real racists - people who truly believe white or 'Aryan' (though accurately they are Indian) people are in some way 'superior' - and those who use racism to garner attention and support. I am not convinced that Trumpkin is the former.

No matter what his comments after that fascist march where they were chanting "Jews shall not replace us" were disgusting.

Now I hear there will be a "new Sherman tank" at some 4th July military parade? I know this guy is a dimwit but military parades when you are not at war should not happen. If he can command the military without oversight from Congress onto the streets - what hope is there of voting him out? Remember he questioned the result before the last election. The Republic Party in the US and that half senile leader of theirs in the Senate have betrayed their oaths to your Constitution and are accomplices to treachery, embezzlement and conspiracy.
            Last edited by snapper; 02 Jul 19,, 19:13.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
              There are real racists - people who truly believe white or 'Aryan' (though accurately they are Indian) people are in some way 'superior' - and those who use racism to garner attention and support. I am not convinced that Trumpkin is the former.

No matter what his comments after that fascist march where they were chanting "Jews shall not replace us" were disgusting.

Now I hear there will be a "new Sherman tank" at some 4th July military parade? I know this guy is a dimwit but military parades when you are not at war should not happen. If he can command the military without oversight from Congress onto the streets - what hope is there of voting him out? Remember he questioned the result before the last election. The Republic Party in the US and that half senile leader of theirs in the Senate have betrayed their oaths to your Constitution and are accomplices to treachery, embezzlement and conspiracy.
              Whaaaattttt? More please.

I love reading Joe's posts about President Trump. Terms he uses are funny as hell. President Dementia, LMAO!!!
              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

The last time the Democrats refused the results of an election they opened fire on Fort Sumter.
                Nope. last time Dems refused the results of an election they got massive political concessions that basically ended Reconstruction & allowed the former slave states to effectively create a series of elected dictatorships that entrenched segregation for the next 90 years. They refused to accept the result until they got something of value in return.

They also refused to accept the result in 2000 until SCOTUS ruled against them. There may be other examples with which I am less familiar.

Not remotely relevant to the present, and not the story you want to tell, but at least historically accurate.
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                  Trump is, as Double Edge pointed out, a product of his generation, where looking down your nose at brown or black people was still fairly acceptable. Full-on racist, believing that the White Man is inherently superior to all other races...eh, maybe, who knows.
                  He's certainly think's HE is better than everybody else, but that's just his malignant narcissism in action. At the very least, he's incredibly prejudiced.
                  Unfortunately he has turbocharged a whole new generation of racists fuelled by the internet. They were already out there, but he has poured a mass of fuel on the fire. Extremism has been mainstreaming within the GOP supporter base for some time. With a birther in the White House it is now acceptable.

If you want just one small example (and you have the stomach) wander on to a right leaning internet forum and check out what is being said about Kamala Harris. That it is disgusting is predictable enough. What is more interesting is how much of it originates on the unashamedly racist far right fringes and how quickly the mainstream right just absorbs it and regurgitates it.
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Working...
                  X