Near miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near miss

Video shows just how close the Russian destroyer came.

Russian destroyer nearly collides with U.S. cruiser, Navy blames Russia for near collision | Jun 07 2019

Such bullying posture is not uncommon for Russian Naval forces, who regularly harass U.S. vessels in the Black Sea.

The incident occurred in the international waters of the Philippine Sea, though the Russians claimed it took place in the East China Sea.

International maritime law requires ships to maintain a safe distance of 1,000 yards when passing another.
    Russian crew seen sunbathing on deck. Nothing wrong with that says their Admiral.

The news here is it happened far away from Russia, closer to China and what that means.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Jun 19,, 05:50.

Second rate powers always itch for a fight, only to lose. Sharks don't feed on Sardines.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

I guess no one is left in the Navy that served during the 70s and 80s. Cause 50 meters is nothing.

Back in the day, we/they would sometimes bump each other and it wouldn't even be news worthy. All part of the cold war that has been forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
        I guess no one is left in the Navy that served during the 70s and 80s. Cause 50 meters is nothing.

Back in the day, we/they would sometimes bump each other and it wouldn't even be news worthy. All part of the cold war that has been forgotten
        Any particular incident that you might want to share.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Probably the most famous one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_B...mping_incident

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
            Exactly, not newsworthy in the Black sea.

Out near the China seas is something else. This is a first.

Begs the question, are the Russians now going to interfere with FONOPS in that area or is this just a one off.

Comment

Working...
            X