Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xi Jinping Wanted Global Dominance. He Overshot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOR View Post
    i.e., people who disagree with you?
    DOR,

Do you know there is a company named Alphabet Inc? Among their many products, they have a search engine named 'google'. It's good, but you probably haven't heard of it. Happens to the best of us, we're so busy with things in our lives that sometimes we skip simple things. Now open your web browser and type 'www.google.com', and hit 'return'. Now type 'Godfree Roberts + Quora' in the search box in the middle of the page, and hit 'return'. You will be presented with results.

The American sounding name has confused you, isn't it? It's called propaganda warfare. Behind that name is a nasty 50 cent troll. His posts are about how bad America/West is, and how great and glorious China is. But to answer your question, NO. I don't argue with 50 cent trolls outside this board. I, sometime, only comment to dispel their myths. There's no use debating with people when they post with an agenda on behalf of authoritarian dictatorships.

Oh, and if Godfree Roberts do exist, you won't be feeling lonely anymore. You've got company.
    Last edited by Oracle; 21 Jun 19,, 05:19.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      DOR,

Do you know there is a company named Alphabet Inc? Among their many products, they have a search engine named 'google'. It's good, but you probably haven't heard of it. Happens to the best of us, we're so busy with things in our lives that sometimes we skip simple things. Now open your web browser and type 'www.google.com', and hit 'return'. Now type 'Godfree Roberts + Quora' in the search box in the middle of the page, and hit 'return'. You will be presented with results.

The American sounding name has confused you, isn't it? It's called propaganda warfare. Behind that name is a nasty 50 cent troll. His posts are about how bad America/West is, and how great and glorious China is. But to answer your question, NO. I don't argue with 50 cent trolls outside this board. I, sometime, only comment to dispel their myths. There's no use debating with people when they post with an agenda on behalf of authoritarian dictatorships.

Oh, and if Godfree Roberts do exist, you won't be feeling lonely anymore. You've got company.
      I want to be sure I got this right.
      On the basis of the quora / godfree roberts page, and absolutely nothing else, you have decided that this is the work of a Chinese government paid propaganda troll.

Is that your position?
      Trust me?
      I'm an economist!

Comment

Now, what excuse do Chinese kids have?
        Trouble with the state. Better to not talk about some things.

Comment

I want to be sure I got this right.
          On the basis of the quora / godfree roberts page, and absolutely nothing else, you have decided that this is the work of a Chinese government paid propaganda troll.

Is that your position?
          This is what you first wrote:
          i.e., people who disagree with you?
          You couldn't clarify your supposed doubt earlier, and had to make a smug post?

You can prove otherwise? Do you mean to say 50 cent army is not paid by the CPC's propaganda ministry? What is your position w.r.t the CPC? Based on the pattern of your posts here, I want to make sure I got this right. What is your position vis-a-vis the CPC, 50 cent army, concentration camps in Xinjiang etc? Do you believe the CPC has stolen American military secrets, or you believe America is lying? Do you think the CPC force US companies operating in China to part with American technology? Do you think Chinese students studying in America be allowed to study and do research in say nuclear engineering? What do you think about Chinese meddling in Australian electoral process?
          Last edited by Oracle; 21 Jun 19,, 14:15.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

This is what you first wrote:

You couldn't clarify your supposed doubt earlier, and had to make a smug post?

You can prove otherwise? Do you mean to say 50 cent army is not paid by the CPC's propaganda ministry? What is your position w.r.t the CPC? Based on the pattern of your posts here, I want to make sure I got this right. What is your position vis-a-vis the CPC, 50 cent army, concentration camps in Xinjiang etc? Do you believe the CPC has stolen American military secrets, or you believe America is lying? Do you think the CPC force US companies operating in China to part with American technology? Do you think Chinese students studying in America be allowed to study and do research in say nuclear engineering? What do you think about Chinese meddling in Australian electoral process?
            Hang on a second and I’ll prove that negative to you.
            Just wait right here.
            Trust me?
            I'm an economist!

Comment

Hang on a second and I’ll prove that negative to you.
              Just wait right here.
              Been more than 3 hours. Waiting for that script from the propaganda ministry of China? Lol.
              Last edited by Oracle; 22 Jun 19,, 13:43.

Comment

Been more than 3 hours. Waiting for that script from the propaganda ministry of China? Lol.
                Nah, just wait a bit longer and the universe will change — just for you! — and permit the proving of a negative.
                Hang in there, don’t give in.
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

Oracle,

David is telling you that it's impossible to prove a negative (mathematically and logically untrue, ie I can prove Adolf Hitler is not at my house) but he cannot show you that he's not secretly employed by the CCP because how can you prove a secret that doesn't exist? Otherwise, it would not be a secret.

Challenge the message, not the messenger.
                  Chimo

Comment

David does not know where you're coming from. The Quora poster is an idiot. I don't give a damn about his creditentials. If the USN is able to impose a blockade, then China has zero ability to attack those targets. If China did have that ability, then it would not be a blockade, at least not an effective one.

China can attack with nukes but instead of a collapsed economy, the Chinese would have a collapsed China. 200 Chinese nukes vs 4800 American nukes.

Without understanding the military implications of the Quora post, David thought the basis was just disagreement.
                    Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                      The Indian Army took Portugese India in 1961.
                      Aksai Chin & Shaksgam Valley. How did I forget about these. :D

I don't think India is getting those back. Not without a fight, if things go wrong for China in multiple fronts.
                      Last edited by Oracle; 26 Jun 19,, 15:32.

Comment

Comment

Good question with three punches throw in : D

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/chi...rter-1.3611510

Comment

^ Nobody has the right to criticize China, about anything. Uighurs in concentration camps? So what, CPC is doing this to stop radicalisation of its muslim population. But the same CPC goes ahead and bails out its terrorist neighbour everytime. Much duplicity. These buggers are feeling the heat. I surely want President Trump to be re-elected in 2020. China is one reason, the other being none in opposite camp who can match his charisma or intelligence or nationalism. Or, many other things.

Comment

Prague mayor Zdenek Hrib defies Beijing with support for Taiwan and Tibet

Comment

I guess he negotiates like Trump : )

Comment

Working...
                                X