X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^heh so that's why they chased her out of Bangladesh

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      Union Home Ministry asks states, UTs to remain alert; says calls given in various quarters for inciting violence

Voting has been fair and square. The only place where it was not is Bengal (video shown on news channels, some TMC dude kinda helping people to vote, yeah right), and other regional parties. Ofcourse they'd cry. Losers.

Why violence? Because it puts outside watchers in quandary about - what if elections were not fair. Life's not fair scamgress. Get used to it.
      Mamta says the voting is rigged. How can it be rigged when the EVM's used in her state remain in the state she lords over !!

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        ^heh so that's why they chased her out of Bangladesh
        Freedom of speech and thoughts? Pretty much. In Islam, those are not allowed. But it all started with her novel Lajja and women rights in Bangladesh. She was treated very poorly during previous Scamgress regimes. I use the word 'Scamgress' and I'm pissed off. I slept at 6AM, huge thunderstorm, rains were zig zag, come gushing in my bedroom through leaks in the windows. Very very loud and noisy lightning, scary too. Woke up at 9AM, heard predictions about the results today. Felt good.

Why is RahulG contesting from Wayanad too? The princeling is afraid he might lose Amethi and naysayers would questions his authority over Scamgress. There is only 1 party that has destroyed India, its secular fabric, its ethos, its institutions, everything. Yeah, Scamgress it is.

For now Modi. Then there will be Yogi.
        Last edited by Oracle; 23 May 19,, 06:27.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Mamta says the voting is rigged. How can it be rigged when the EVM's used in her state remain in the state she lords over !!
          I once (more than 10,12 years back) made a prediction in an Indian board about her, I was correct then, I am correct now. When it was almost sure, the communists would get kicked out of Bengal, and TMC would form the government, I said Mamata would take Bengal politics 30 years back in her 1st 5 year term. TMC & Communists are 2 sides of the same coin, both are filled with goons. One can't get electricity connection without going to TMCs' lane party office. One can't get a water connection without going to TMCs' lane party office. Want to get your house re-painted, the party office workers will mind very much if the painter is not hired through them. Bloody buggers.

One'd think Bengal and Bongs revolutionized the independence movement and gave numerous leaders. Heck, Kolkata was the capital of British India and now to see Bengal in this state of misery is appalling. The leaders of the past, Bengal Renaissance, so many good things came out of Bengal. Oh! I know, after independence, the bhadraloks went on relishing their fish, and their intellectual discussions over cups of coffee in College Street moved from the British to the Congress. Congress destroyed Bengal and handed it over to the communists. The communists destroyed Bengal further and handed it over to the TMC. And in all these years, illegals from Bangladesh found solace in rural Bengal and now forms a massive chunk of vote bank. I don't know what I should call the Bhadraloks, shameless? Direct action day started in Bengal. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Assam

BJP : 08

INC : 01

AIUDF : 02

OTH : 3

This seems more in line with expectations given your 2016 assembly win of 60 by BJP

Bengal

BJP : 19

INC : 01

TMC : 22

CPM : 00

OTH : 00
            Last edited by Double Edge; 23 May 19,, 10:59.

Comment

2 to 19 in Bengal is what surprised me. Still, those are leading seats as of now.

Hahahahaha! The Princeling has been reduced to Rahul the Ogre. Left Mukt Bharat has already happened. Congress Mukt Bharat next.
              Last edited by Oracle; 23 May 19,, 13:20.

Comment

Hah, Congress mukt bharat will never happen because the BJP isn't responsible for Congress decline.

Regional parties that copied Congress approach and added a regional flavour are responsible for Congress decline.

Consider states where regional parties are weaker and you clearly see its bjp vs congress in Rajasthan, MP or Chattisgarh

What i want to know is why BJP will likely cross 300 on their own in a no wave election ? the expectation was ~230

http://results.eci.gov.in/pc/en/partywise/index.htm
                Last edited by Double Edge; 23 May 19,, 15:07.

Comment

One'd think Bengal and Bongs revolutionized the independence movement and gave numerous leaders. Heck, Kolkata was the capital of British India and now to see Bengal in this state of misery is appalling.
                  This is for antimony to answer..

Independence hasn't been kind to Bengal or the NE for that matter

2 to 19 in Bengal is what surprised me. Still, those are leading seats as of now.
                  Protest vote from the left ?

Those who would vote left voted BJP to get back at Mamta
                  Last edited by Double Edge; 23 May 19,, 15:08.

Comment

Woke up at 9AM, heard predictions about the results today. Felt good.
                    The burning question that remains is if Jaitley is again made Fin min will you then emigrate to Canada ?

Jaitley is like Pranab Mukherjee, both are experienced trouble shooters. Both held similar portfolios.

For now Modi. Then there will be Yogi.
                    That seems to be the plan. Yogi is spoken of with the same amount of derision particularly in the English press as Modi was ten years back.

Comment

This is for antimony to answer..

Independence hasn't been kind to Bengal or the NE for that matter
                      Hey, I got Bong blood running through my veins. And Anti is from Shillong, part of NE. Ask Mamata through Twitter. :D

It's been long that we had independence. Wounds have healed (assume), even though I'd like to remember the associated history.

Protest vote from the left ?

Those who would vote left voted BJP to get back at Mamta
                      I think so too. I read somewhere that the Left and BJP were colluding in Bengal to take on the TMC.
                      Last edited by Oracle; 23 May 19,, 15:39.

Comment

The burning question that remains is if Jaitley is again made Fin min will you then emigrate to Canada ?
                        Did I say that earlier? I don't remember. But yeah, Canada is the place to be. Plenty of high paying jobs for skills I have. I am scared of American police. But I don't mind entering America like a Mexican. Tacos and Tequilas baby. :D

Jaitley remains in and out of the hospital. I think the FM portfolio would go to Piyush Goyal.

Jaitley is like Pranab Mukherjee, both are experienced trouble shooters. Both held similar portfolios.
                        Both are ********. While I respect Pranab for his troubleshooting skills, not so much of Arun, both were/are disasters as FM.

That seems to be the plan. Yogi is spoken of with the same amount of derision particularly in the English press as Modi was ten years back.
                        There is one more candidate from the BJP. The private industry speaks highly of him. Nitin Gadkari.

As I think about Yogi more and more, I think Yogi would be awaiting-PM in line, after Gadkari. Needs time to settle in and rein in the Hindu fanatics, plus Yogi has much to learn. But Yogi is sure shot a PM candidate.
                        Last edited by Oracle; 23 May 19,, 16:16.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	1478025

Apparent dig to TIME's article - Divider in Chief by Aatish Taseer

Comment

[ATTACH]47622[/ATTACH]

Apparent dig to TIME's article - Divider in Chief by Aatish Taseer
                            This i will call him once he completes integrating J&K into India. He has the numbers so its a question of when..

Comment

Did I say that earlier? I don't remember. But yeah, Canada is the place to be. Plenty of high paying jobs for skills I have. I am scared of American police. But I don't mind entering America like a Mexican. Tacos and Tequilas baby. :D
                              I've had a few encounters with them so long as you don't make any sudden moves they are ok. I've always handled them like they are trigger happy nut jobs. If i don't shave i look like an Arab and if i do probably pass for a Latino, neither is good but i've never had any trouble.

Jaitley remains in and out of the hospital. I think the FM portfolio would go to Piyush Goyal.
                              Piyush has been a good front man for them. His speech at IISS in 2014 convinced me the BJP would be good if they won. As FM, this would be an interesting choice.

There is one more candidate from the BJP. The private industry speaks highly of him. Nitin Gadkari.

As I think about Yogi more and more, I think Yogi would be awaiting-PM in line, after Gadkari. Needs time to settle in and rein in the Hindu fanatics, plus Yogi has much to learn. But Yogi is sure shot a PM candidate.
                              Yes, there was talk of Gadkari being a substitute PM in case the numbers were low and Modi wasn't interested in the job.

New cabinet will take time to announce maybe in a few weeks time.

I hope they retain whoever was responsible for foreign policy as that's been a high point with the last govt. I'm still trying to put my finger on it. Sushma can only do so much , Jai Shankar was good and then there was a full team of competent people at the ministry given space to do their thing.
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 23 May 19,, 17:15.

Comment

This is the thing, i sense a growing local push back against the English media local as well as international and I wonder whether by extension the west. Whatever the reason what cannot be denied is there is a mainstreaming of confidence where we think we can do better. You can call it vain & boastful but what it also is, is undeniable confidence. For some reason this only comes out more with the NDA than the UPA. I sensed it even with the previous NDA back in '99. Let's call it the Indian version of "yes, we can"

What remains to be achieved is to create an enabling atmosphere from which to do so. Don't ask why things are better in the west but strive to improve things here. Things got better there as well as in East Asia because people refused to put up with mediocrity.

Of late i've been getting informed mostly through domestic sources and my reliance on intl media is reducing when it comes to matters about India. I think Trump has had a big role to play there when they just couldn't figure him out and we got to see the inherent bias on reporting about him.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 23 May 19,, 17:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X