Indian National Elections - 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    I would not be surprised if Trump bashes India on the campaign trail given how the trade relations are. We just have to ignore despite the media here going to town with it. Same with talk about boycotting China.
    President Trump can glorify all he wants, India will not bend. India did not bend in 1971. Why do US commentators think India will bend. Foolish endeavour, actually. India is not Pakistan or Ukraine.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Nice video that explains the election process in India in brief.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• This is sad :' (

Sushma congratulating the PM on 370

Click image for larger version

Name:	sushma last.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1478260

Just four hours later we get this

Click image for larger version

Name:	namo condole.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1478261

Click on the graphic to go to the tweet
        Last edited by Double Edge; 06 Aug 19,, 21:47.

Comment

• RIP. Never witnessed an EA minister with so much elegance, clarity of thought, humility and charisma. She will be missed.

Comment

• DE, I clicked on the tweet to go to her page. You see the real nature of Pakistanis there. Fcuking disgusting these people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
              DE, I clicked on the tweet to go to her page. You see the real nature of Pakistanis there. Fcuking disgusting these people.
              She did try to isolate them on the global level. She must have succeeded to have so many of them show up.

Only 67, that's still young.
              Last edited by Double Edge; 07 Aug 19,, 02:45.

Comment

RIP. Never witnessed an EA minister with so much elegance, clarity of thought, humility and charisma. She will be missed.
                I remember her as a bulldog in parliament.

Somehow she seems to have changed into every body's mother as EA minister : )

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                  She did try to isolate them on the global level. She must have succeeded to have so many of them show up.

Only 67, that's still young.
                  She helped a lot of Pakistanis get medical visas to get operated in India. Pakistanis are an ungrateful bunch. I was against granting any sort of visas to Pakistanis earlier. I am against this now. I will be against this in the future.

Oh, we have the same culture, we have the same food. Delhi feels just like Lahore. Kaboom. Indians dead. Indians are infidels. 1 Muslim = 10 Hindus. Hindus are weak. Such shit are ingrained in their heads, on an intelligence level donkeys would do better than most Pakistanis.

Comment

She helped a lot of Pakistanis get medical visas to get operated in India. Pakistanis are an ungrateful bunch. I was against granting any sort of visas to Pakistanis earlier. I am against this now. I will be against this in the future.

Oh, we have the same culture, we have the same food. Delhi feels just like Lahore. Kaboom. Indians dead. Indians are infidels. 1 Muslim = 10 Hindus. Hindus are weak. Such shit are ingrained in their heads, on an intelligence level donkeys would do better than most Pakistanis.
                    You can't change a snake's behavior simply because you fed it everyday.....
                    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

I stand corrected. She was passed over by Modi who took charge of foriegn policy. Thing is these paks see her as the messenger of said policy

Sushma's parents came from Lahore

Sushma Swaraj: ‘Lahore ki Beti’, My ‘Deedi’, & A Celeb in Pakistan | Quint | Aug 07 2019
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 07 Aug 19,, 17:53.

Comment

DE, I clicked on the tweet to go to her page. You see the real nature of Pakistanis there. Fcuking disgusting these people.
                        Hmm, the "Cult of Modi and the ardent Hindu zealotry" is strong with you.

Explain to me how the "Cult of Hitler and the ardent Aryan zealotry" was any different?

Comment

Explain to me how the "Cult of Hitler and the ardent Aryan zealotry" was any different?

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                            Two groups with different intent. The zealot one overlaps. The zealots are like zealots any where. Dominance of their community, culture etc.

The cult part includes people that approve of Modi's initiatives but not in the zealot camp.

When i saw him talk in Madison Sq garden, there were times where he was talking loudly and waving his hands and pointing. You'd think he was upset about something. What. He was talking about building toilets so women would be safer.

What got him re-elected was his pro people initiatives in lower strata. Something the journalists and opinion makers in their comfortable homes and offices in the city completely missed. Same oversight missed the support Trump got in places where it mattered. Both sets of journalists with egg on their faces after election results announced. Americans 2016, Indians 2019.

Building toilets, getting electricity across to regions that did not have it. Gas cylinders to people who cook with wood. He has a monthly talk where he explains what he is doing and thinking. Connects with the people. All these things mean he has a lot of fans. Because they see him as honest, almost saintly. Married to the country. He comes from a lower class and not a privileged background. Not from a dynasty. Worked his way up from the bottom. Wanted to be PM rather than being designated. We don't get too many of those.

Has his own social media accounts with updates so the media can't screw with what he says. All speeches present so the opposition can't twist what he says.

I was lead to believe for the better part of the noughts that this man was a mass murderer. The US refused to give him a visa. And then he became PM and once more. Went out of his way to connect with the world.

I see the reality and the lies better now.

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                            We have no history of such actions. I've heard comparisons made to Sturm & drang

Using western history and trying to retrofit in India makes for a poor fit. Done way too many times. The reason is lack of local original research or empowering those that can do it or getting the word out. Result is we import a lot of ideas from abroad with scant regard to compatibility and make a complete hash of them.

Does not stop the left pushing this line though. And they usually post in western media their usual biased misleading accounts.

Better way to describe I think it would be ethno centric nationalism or civilisationalism. Hitler cult was one form of it. For the reich to succeed other powers had to be subjugated. Same with imperial Japan. This is where the comparison with India stops.

http://mideastsoccer.blogspot.com/20...d-rise-of.html
                            https://mideastsoccer.blogspot.com/2...ion-state.html

This seems to be new norm in varying degrees for some places, challenging Westphalia's definition of nation state. One that seeks legitimacy in a distinct civilization rather than the nation state’s concept of territorial integrity, language and citizenry.

It creates the basis for an unspoken consensus on the values that would underwrite a new world order on which men like Xi Jinping, Vladimir Putin, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Victor Orban, Mohammed bin Salman, Narendra Modi and Donald Trump find a degree of common ground. If anything, it is this tacit understanding that in the shaping of a new world order constitutes the greatest threat to liberal values such as human and minority rights. By the same token, the tacit agreement on fundamental values reduces the Great Game to a power struggle over spheres of influence and the sharing of the pie as well as a competition of political systems in which concepts such as democracy are hollowed out.
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 14 Aug 19,, 21:55.

Comment

Hitler didnt have the internet for his propaganda and PR management.. Hindu zealots have had that pat down from day 1.
                              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Well first off the Indian army ceremonial dress was not designed by Hugo Boss. Modi doesn't parade around the place giving hand salutes Roman style, Certainly doesn't do militaristic rallies where his supporters stand in straight lines swearing blind obedience. There's definitely no mass submarine building program in operation..(although he does have a space program while millions starve to death or are near to doing so) There are definitely no concentration or extermination camps and so consequently no Gas chambers or labour force being worked to death. Oh and India is the world's largest Democracy!.......and so he can be voted out... because unlike Hitler he hasn't altered the constitution after burning the Parliament down.
                                Last edited by Freyr; 14 Aug 19,, 21:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X