Indian National Elections - 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyr View Post
    Well first off the Indian army ceremonial dress was not designed by Hugo Boss. Modi doesn't parade around the place giving hand salutes Roman style, Certainly doesn't do militaristic rallies where his supporters stand in straight lines swearing blind obedience. There's definitely no mass submarine building program in operation..(although he does have a space program while millions starve to death or are near to doing so) There are definitely no concentration or extermination camps and so consequently no Gas chambers or labour force being worked to death. Oh and India is the world's largest Democracy!.......and so he can be voted out... because unlike Hitler he hasn't altered the constitution after burning the Parliament down.
    That bold bit can be used to refer the RSS. The hindu org that spawned the BJP that Modi leads. This hindu org is part of a larger grouping called the sangh parivar. An umbrella entity comprising various other Hindu interest groups. Their views can frequently be at odds with the RSS so they have their own setup. You do get fringe elements in these groups.

Modi made it through the ranks of the RSS. Though you won't see Modi leading such rallies. That would be up to the head of the RSS.

So people make the walks like a duck, talks like a duck, must be one : )

Nobody cares about the RSS because they haven't been in power a lot. Well, they are not in power. They do influence what the BJP does and its fair to say the BJP would never do what they oppose. They have had a say in cabinet selection though PM's have overruled them. For the most part they are hands off and don't micro manage.

The biggest problem with Modi for the RSS. Is the RSS does not believe in personality cults. The collective must come before the individual. Modi breaks both those core principles. Prime argument against Congress is they are family shop with a name. They are a brand. The BJP's model is more the board of directors model. Well Modi is a brand and a name if not from a family.

We are left with do whatever it takes to get and hold onto power. Every thing else is secondary.

Politics is the art of the possible.

Whether Modi survives will depend on how the economy fares in the coming years. They managed to clean up problems in the last term leaving us to believe that we could move faster this term. The budget announcement tanked the stock markets. Something that took me by surprise as they ralied the last time he came to power. The beginning of this term feels different to the beginning of the last. There is quite a bit of criticism coming already from the BJP supporters camp.

Oh well, at least they score well on the foreign policy & defense front.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 15 Aug 19,, 13:19.

Comment

• Kind captures the usual discourse between partisans : D

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        That bold bit can be used to refer the RSS. The hindu org that spawned the BJP that Modi leads. This hindu org is part of a larger grouping called the sangh parivar. An umbrella entity comprising various other Hindu interest groups. Their views can frequently be at odds with the RSS so they have their own setup. You do get fringe elements in these groups.

Modi made it through the ranks of the RSS. Though you won't see Modi leading such rallies. That would be up to the head of the RSS.

So people make the walks like a duck, talks like a duck, must be one : )

Nobody cares about the RSS because they haven't been in power a lot. Well, they are not in power. They do influence what the BJP does and its fair to say the BJP would never do what they oppose. They have had a say in cabinet selection though PM's have overruled them. For the most part they are hands off and don't micro manage.

The biggest problem with Modi for the RSS. Is the RSS does not believe in personality cults. The collective must come before the individual. Modi breaks both those core principles. Prime argument against Congress is they are family shop with a name. They are a brand. The BJP's model is more the board of directors model. Well Modi is a brand and a name if not from a family.

We are left with do whatever it takes to get and hold onto power. Every thing else is secondary.

Politics is the art of the possible.

Whether Modi survives will depend on how the economy fares in the coming years. They managed to clean up problems in the last term leaving us to believe that we could move faster this term. The budget announcement tanked the stock markets. Something that took me by surprise as they ralied the last time he came to power. The beginning of this term feels different to the beginning of the last. There is quite a bit of criticism coming already from the BJP supporters camp.

Oh well, at least they score well on the foreign policy & defense front.
        They are hardly the SA or SS

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyr View Post
          They are hardly the SA or SS
          hah, no comparison

I'm at pains to find an equivalent elsewhere.

Walter Andersen to the rescue

He's a former US embassy staffer who wrote about them in the late 70s. The first time the former avatar of the BJP came to power.

He's written a follow up recently.

Comment

hah, no comparison

I'm at pains to find an equivalent elsewhere.

Walter Andersen to the rescue

He's a former US embassy staffer who wrote about them in the late 70s. The first time the former avatar of the BJP came to power.

He's written a follow up recently.
            I have no problem with a people protecting their culture and values, religion etc. Just as long as the lunatics are not given the keys to the asylum ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
              Hmm, the "Cult of Modi and the ardent Hindu zealotry" is strong with you.

Explain to me how the "Cult of Hitler and the ardent Aryan zealotry" was any different?
              I wondered what prompted this comment and have to ask whether you've been listening to Imran ?

Just because Imran thinks he's Churchill does not make Modi Hitler : D

Imran pushed it further with his independance day speech

Comment

• Nehru-Gandhi family has 'brand equity': Adhir Chowdhury

Yes, join scamgress and start a lifetime of slavery. Fool.
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                  Hmm, the "Cult of Modi and the ardent Hindu zealotry" is strong with you.

Explain to me how the "Cult of Hitler and the ardent Aryan zealotry" was any different?
                  Late Sushma Swaraj was an epitome of grace and humility. I was/am against giving any sort of visas to Pakistanis. But, every week I would see some Pakistani mother or father requesting medical visa for their children to her on twitter. Their son/daughter who had a congenital heart disease, or renal failures. Some young Pakistanis also requested her for medical visas for their old parents. She gave it to all. Hostility between the countries apart, you know, in silence I'd admire the lady. She saved a lot of Pakistani lives. Common people have no beef in this fight.

And when she died, some of those disgusting people wrote comments, that you should have read, before posting rubbish. Was that not disgusting in your book? We read different books then. Archer Blood's career got doomed after he sent the Blood telegram, which talked about the Pakistan Army's genocidal killing of East-Pakistani muslims and Hindus. Does that define you or your country? No it doesn't not. It was geo-politics playing out while the Pakistan Army was committing mass murder in Bangladesh. I'd have liked if the US showed some spine then in 1971, I'm sure you'd have loved it too. Why didn't your country take the side of India then? I know you know the reason. So US encouraged PA to act like Nazis eliminating Bangladeshis? Which book have you read that I have not?

Kashmiri Pandits have been ethnically cleaned by terrorists aided, abetted, armed, trained by the Pakistan Army in Kashmir, and nobody talks about it. Why? Those Pandits are not human beings?

Trump rules USA now. So the cult of Republicans+KKK+Neo-Nazis and the ardent Christian zealotry is strong with you? Do you now see the irony in your post?

Not done? Okay, some more. Your country have been supporting terrorist and rogue regimes all over the world. So, US in fact supports murderous thugs? What kind of logic is that? Stop reading left wing articles from US media. Try to read facts first. And mind you, the day any sort of thing you mentioned comes even as a rumour, we will kick out the BJP from power. As a democracy, we have enough checks and balances to do that.

And BJP is not NATIONALISTIC, HINDUTVA party. This was old logic from before WWII. It's a centre-right political party. It's works for all, irrespective of caste or religion or sexual orientation. RSS doesn't go around killing muslims. They guide the political aims of the BJP. The rowdy sheeters are the VHP and the Bajrang Dal.

What more do you want to know? 2002 riots? Hindu pilgrims were burnt inside a train by muslim mobs. Hindus reacted. Modi, then the CM, dialled neighbouring states for security forces. Those states were ruled by Congress and they didn't help him. 3 days of rioting left around 800 muslims and 300 hindus dead. I've criticised Modi for this for long. Ask Ambidex, he knows. My opinion was that as a CM, he has to take moral responsibility. Then the Apex Court formed SIT and many commissions. All gave a clean chit to Modi and the BJP. This is when I changed my opinion about him. Oh, your country banned Modi from being given a visa. So why is your country cheering him now? Why did the might USA change their visa policies after 2014? USA likes to collaborate with Hindu zealots a.k.a Hindu Nazis?

If India is all about Hindus, how come Hindus get killed too? As a Hindu majority country, it should be only Muslims dying, right? So, what is wrong? The wrong is that apart from the fringe elements that exist in every religion, most people are peaceful. India is peaceful, because the majority of Hindus are peaceful.
                  Last edited by Oracle; 18 Aug 19,, 02:59.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• 'Will ask public to dhulai karo errant officials'

Lol.

Comment

• An interesting bit of trivia i heard.

Why is Aug 15 the Independence day ?

We didn't get to choose it. We wanted Jan 26 as in Jan 26 1948

But the Brits were in a rush to pull out of India.

So Mountbatten had to bring the date forward. In his mind the handover would happen some time in Aug or Sept 1947

Which day though ? eventually he settled on Aug 15. Why ?

The second anniversary of VJ day : )

Comment

• Just for Imran's tweets : )

Comment

• IK is a drug addict and a pedophile. Don't read much into his tweets. Ghafoora tweets those.

Congress's saviour-in-chief Sonia Gandhi returns to helm

Hehehehe. Congress is so dead.

Nehru-Gandhi family has "brand equity": Adhir Chowdhury

Yes. Of corruption, nepotism, appeasement, etcetera.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                            IK is a drug addict and a pedophile. Don't read much into his tweets. Ghafoora tweets those.
                            He's acting a more unhinged than usual. Some one suggested he's nervous of the next generation opposition leaders, Bilawal & Maryam. He's expecting challenges from them.
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Aug 19,, 08:36.

Comment

He's acting a more unhinged than usual. Some one suggested he's nervous of the next generation opposition leaders, Bilawal & Maryam. He's expecting challenges from them.
                              He's a drug addict. He gives interviews under the influence of drugs. Just see his talks.

Look what's happening across the border in Pak tells me they are rattled. In the guise of Art 370 that India showered on Kashmir, the PA used every trick to destabilise Kashmir and increase sound bytes internationally. Now that Art 370 is gone, the PA has lost its mind, and as usual the farcical civilian government is pushed forward to make idiotic statements about Indian nukes, fascist Modi regime etcetera. What it does is, it tells Pakistani common abduls, that the PA would do anything for Kashmir, fight till the last bullet and what not. Sometimes I wonder if the Pak masses are supplied free opium by their Generals.

Anyway, reality says otherwise. The PA is getting hammered on the LoC. And the Indian DM's statements about Indian NFU has made the PA piss its pants. Which in other words is, if we see/hear the Paks mating their warheads with missiles, we'd take them out pre-emptively. This is exactly what we did in Balakote. From my discussion with the Colonel, that doesn't give me much confidence and I pretty much hope we're building up. We have to take care of China too after doing away with Pakistan. Now, let's just go back before the Modi government came to power. After every terrorist attack, the Paks would be in denial and scream 'we have nukes'. Now they're complaining about Indian nukes. Hail Mary, how times have changed for terroristan. Hehehehe.

When I have time, I actually travel by train - AC III tier. In my 10 days of travel, I saw many defence personnel being called from leave, or sent to some new place. I talked with some of those people. Nothing much came out as they were reserved. But, if Paks doesn't stop terrorism, they will be losing PoK soon. We are bloodthirsty, aggressive bunch of people, you see.

Oh, and if you want to know more, just google 'Reham Khan', and go through her interviews etc.

Comment

• P Chidambaram goes missing after HC refuses to give anticipatory bail

The corrupt are getting behind bars. This one escaped. Loot and scoot. :D
                                Last edited by Oracle; 21 Aug 19,, 04:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X