Jaish terrorists attack CRPF convoy in Kashmir, 40 killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next step

India calls for Pakistan's blacklisting by terror finance watchdog | Reuters | May 02 2019

The meet is middle of this month

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      I'm referring to the exaggeration of that threat and leaving out what we're doing in response and the media just hyping it because the fear mongering gets them views, clicks & hits. After a while it has this effect of conditioning people into becoming subservient. Contrary to what China thinks this type of coverage is building deference for China by unwitting Indians.

Would you say the present govt wasn't aware of the threat, they sure were but they buckled down and dealt with it. Doklam was a good example, of the govt going further than what people expected. People were wondering hey aren't we over doing it, you want to pick a fight with them in a third country. Are you sure. Well, yeah we were and see how it turned out in the end. So the govt read what China can and wouldn't do quite well. The people otoh were clueless. Contrast this with the previous administration where the impression was always couldn't they do more to push back.

Getting Masood designated. China blocked in 2016, did we give up like in 2009, no, we kept at it. China blocked again, was that enough, no, still kept pushing and pushing until they got China to cave in again.

This govt's forte is foreign policy and specifically military diplomacy. Revived bilateral relations with Russia in a major way by signing S400 deal, renewing the security relations with Bhutan, implementing the Land Boundary Agreement with Bangladesh, joint military strike with Myanmar, formal process of take over of Sittwe Port in Myanmar, bilateral agreement with Indonesia for a base in Sabang, strategic port facilities in Singapore, getting Mahinda Rajapaksa to loose power, installing friendly government in Maldives, trilateral agreement with Iran and Afghanistan for Chabahar Port, just to name a few. Take you pick. We can go on and on with Oman, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Israel, France, United States and many more.

So this is not a govt that is intimidated by China at all so i don't see why people should be just because the media says so. I've posted numerous instances by smaller powers on China's periphery and beyond pushing back. The PNG minister threw the Chinese representative out of his office because of bad behaviour.

Still you get pundits going on about threats as if they are insurmountable and leaving things hanging, that is fear mongering at its simplest. Leaves you in a state of fear.
      I am referring to the type of people we have in India. Clearly, the type you mentioned are leftists, wannabe leftists and communists. Not for a moment did I believe China had an upper hand in any circumstances or scenarios since 2014. Do I subscribe to the Wuhan bromance? No. There's no need for dialogue with a crap bully that thinks it can do as it pleases and support terrorist and rouge countries. Am I happy with the Government's flip-flop policy w.r.t Pakistan? Hell no. There's no need to keep diplomatic relations with a terrorist country. But I am not part of the Government and cannot formulate effective FPs.

FP of this government is mediocre when it comes to China and Pakistan. You might have different views, and dance to their glory, which should be fine from your POV. I don't subscribe to those views. Are category #4 people scared of China and Pakistan? Category #4 people are not scared of any country, much less China and Pakistan. They believe in the country's potential. What do they want? They want the government to address corruption at the grass-root level, so that precious taxpayers money can be saved, which can then be channelled for defence acquisitions. That is not fear-mongering. That is building up. It doesn't need 5 F years to achieve even a tiny bit of something. BJP's 5 years were spent on fighting noises that the opposition threw at them. How much infrastructure have we developed? Is the clean India campaign working? Is the Ganga clean? I have voted for this F government again, hoping these dimwits do something in the next 5 years.

Small neighbours and countries in the IOR should be dictated to do things, not requested. We can't, because our politicians have kept India under-developed financially as well as militarily. The political fcuks are interested only in votes. 5000 year old civilisation means squat, if we don't even understand Chanakya and his teachings. Straight trees are cut first. There's a lot of wisdom in that sentence. We have become a nation of talkers. We need doers.

As about news in the free press, category #4 people read it, access threats and then talk. Is China a threat. Yes it is. Are strings of pearls real? Yes they are. Those pearls are for America, but the action will start with India. I don't need pundits to tell me the situation of the people of the Umbrella Revolution in Hong Kong, of the Uighur's in Xinjiang, Tibetans in Tibet, the 99 year lease of the Sri Lankan port, open threats to Taiwan etc. Just because the CPC isn't on record talking about the pearls, doesn't mean one can't decipher their intentions. Why is China building a blue water navy? Why do they need 300 ships? Are they expecting to fight aliens? Why are they building islands and militarising it? If you can answer these questions, answer them. Don't dance around these legitimate questions saying 'I don't think so' or 'show me proof'. There is no proof of something that has not happened. Intentions can change anytime. Enemy's capabilities should guide our foreign policy.

I wanted to write about one particular topic here, which I didn't, because people might take the content to be racist. It was about lacs of Chinese studying in top notch Americans/European universities, and how they go back and help the local Chinese industry grow technologically. Remember, already some subjects are out of reach for the Chinese, which they get around by conducting joint research projects by tying up with those universities, and steal IP and trade secrets. Visas for Chinese students are now getting tougher. Trump administration walked the talk. Had I said it a year before, someone have traded their usual denials. In a different tone I did say it, I remember it now, probably in an argument with Astralis. After 20 years, the same thing will come around for Indian students in America. Atleast China has financial muscle. The way India is going about its shit, India can't have enough money in the next 50 years. I see civil war, I see mobs getting inside my home to loot food and jewellery.

It's a victorious feeling isn't it? Getting Masood designated. It doesn't change anything. It's a small diplomatic win. It doesn't turn off the terror tap from Pakistan. You keep on harping about it as if India has reduced Pakistan to ashes. Pakistan is the means to a bigger fight with China.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
        There are 3 categories of Indians vis-a-vis China:
        #1. One which thinks the China threat is real, and want the Government to address those in an urgent and timely manner.
        #2. One which wants proof to term a threat, a threat.
        #3. Communists, closet communists & Naxals, in bed with those in China.
        I'm in category 2, cos everytime i challenge people on this i get nothing. Just more fear. Start articulating scenarios and then we get a better idea about what we are facing. Who is doing that ?

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
        As about news in the free press, category #4 people read it, access threats and then talk. Is China a threat. Yes it is. Are strings of pearls real? Yes they are. Those pearls are for America, but the action will start with India. I don't need pundits to tell me the situation of the people of the Umbrella Revolution in Hong Kong, of the Uighur's in Xinjiang, Tibetans in Tibet, the 99 year lease of the Sri Lankan port, open threats to Taiwan etc. Just because the CPC isn't on record talking about the pearls, doesn't mean one can't decipher their intentions.

Why is China building a blue water navy? Why do they need 300 ships? Are they expecting to fight aliens? Why are they building islands and militarising it? If you can answer these questions, answer them. Don't dance around these legitimate questions saying 'I don't think so' or 'show me proof'. There is no proof of something that has not happened. Intentions can change anytime. Enemy's capabilities should guide our foreign policy.
        Because China is afraid of what India in concert with others can do to them in the Indian Ocean ? they perceive us as a threat.

See what i did there, flipped this whole fear thing on its head. They are more afraid of us yet if you look at Indian commentators its the opposite. You can sense the fear in their words. Why ?

String of pearls is a term that booz allen came up with in 2005. These days that term is deprecated, the current term is maritime silk road.

Hey, if you're the one talking up threats then it is for you to show me evidence about it. Start be telling me how they can threaten us and why we cannot counter that threat or better what we can do to counter it. Don't just drop it there like some fait accompli. It isn't lefties saying these things, i see many commentators on programs i watch saying the same thing too. But very little in terms of articulating that threat. Which makes me think they are just lobbying for more budget for the military. Given the lead time is at least a decade i suppose it helps if we are ready if anything happens. To which i want to hear the navy tell me like the AF, they need 42 squadrons and have to replenish them. Very clear what the gap is what needs to be done. With navy its fuzzy, they are happy building ships. Mazgon docks is buzzing for the last few years. I'm not hearing how many ships the navy needs yet. What the gap is.

You mention capabilities. Tell me when will China graduate a squadron or two of fighter pilots for their aircraft carrier ? They've had that bloody AC nearly twenty years now. Still, i keep hearing how they are building another quickly. lol. Ajay Bannerjee always says China can build ships at twice the rate that we can.

Militarising islands which have zero value. Who cares. OOE at best figured it was a learning experience for them. See, its rare to get people counter these assertions which are being taking like some article of religious faith. They are militarising those islands because the Americans & Japanese have them jammed in inside the first island chain. They are trying to break out of it not very successfully to date. This is China's primary challenge. Eight years after they declared they would turn the SCS into their sea, FONOPS on the rise these days pass through with impunity.

300 ships, what kind of ships. How many completed, how long until they have the full 300. How are they going to use them to threaten us. They have a very large merchant navy already. External SLOCs are no match for internal ones. Meaning very difficult for PLAN to challenge the IN in the IO as it is for the IN to challenge PLAN in the SCS.

When exactly are China going to qualify to be called a blue water navy ? this means they can sustain ops abroad and project force with expeditionary forces. When ?

I've already mentioned the various choke points these people have to deal with where they are not going to be a threat for a long time to come. We have the advantage of geography which is considerable.

The general idea with the China naval buildup in concert with friendly dual use ports (value of any pearl depends on dual use) is China will constrain India into a smaller space than it presently enjoys in the Indian Ocean. Given how poorly China has executed this exclusionary plan to date in their own backyard, it seems like a huge stretch to believe they can pull this off with India any time in the future.

So put on your PLAN cap, munch on some noodles and give me some ideas. They will have to be better than what China is doing currently.
        Last edited by Double Edge; 08 May 19,, 06:06.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          I wanted to write about one particular topic here, which I didn't, because people might take the content to be racist. It was about lacs of Chinese studying in top notch Americans/European universities, and how they go back and help the local Chinese industry grow technologically. Remember, already some subjects are out of reach for the Chinese, which they get around by conducting joint research projects by tying up with those universities, and steal IP and trade secrets. Visas for Chinese students are now getting tougher. Trump administration walked the talk. Had I said it a year before, someone have traded their usual denials. In a different tone I did say it, I remember it now, probably in an argument with Astralis. After 20 years, the same thing will come around for Indian students in America. Atleast China has financial muscle. The way India is going about its shit, India can't have enough money in the next 50 years. I see civil war, I see mobs getting inside my home to loot food and jewellery.
          China sees the US as an obstacle in the way of its rise. India does not see the US in the same way quite the contrary. I don't think we are likely to change this view so long as China remains a concern for both US & India and that is likely take up the rest of this century.

Anyway, the scenario you refer to has nothing to do with the Americans and everything to do with the ability of the Indian economy to generate jobs for the teeming millions of youth that annually pass out of school and look for work. If they cannot find work they will turn to crime. This is where we will have to rely on social security, nyay like schemes to ward off disturbances. The overriding job for the govt for the next two decades is jobs, more jobs and still more jobs. Now i do not mean govt jobs but enacting policy that enables creation of opportunity.

It's a victorious feeling isn't it? Getting Masood designated. It doesn't change anything. It's a small diplomatic win. It doesn't turn off the terror tap from Pakistan. You keep on harping about it as if India has reduced Pakistan to ashes. Pakistan is the means to a bigger fight with China.
          I'm told it is a symbolic victory and in matters of IR and foreign policy that symbolism matters a lot.

Small neighbours and countries in the IOR should be dictated to do things, not requested. We can't, because our politicians have kept India under-developed financially as well as militarily. The political fcuks are interested only in votes. 5000 year old civilisation means squat, if we don't even understand Chanakya and his teachings. Straight trees are cut first. There's a lot of wisdom in that sentence. We have become a nation of talkers. We need doers.
          The line is they are free to do as they wish so long as they keep our security concerns in mind. To date other than Pakistan most have been compliant. Nepal threatens to do otherwise but they are a calculated risk. They can only do so much with China, geography dictates their future is with India. Look at the way the Americans have cultivated relations with countries where they have bases. Long term, helpful no dictation.

In 2004, when the Tsunami hit we were dependent on the Americans coming to help us, today Mozambique expects the same from India. This is how we cultivate relations with everyone in the IOR.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 08 May 19,, 06:17.

Comment

• Casualty count somewhere between 130 -170

Balakote : More details revealed | Stringer Asia | May 07 2019

Francesca Marino

Despite Pakistan’s efforts to deceive the world on the Indian airstrikes on the Jaish-e-Muhammad camp, small details of what happened in Balakot in the wee hours of February 26 and thereafter have kept trickling in from my source. This article is an attempt to piece together all the informations I gathered and to fill the gaps into what it has become the jigsaw puzzle of the Balakot strike.

As it is well known now, the IAF strike was carried out at around 3.30 am. According to my informations, an Army unit, from their camp in Shinkiari, arrived at the location of the strike on February 26 at around 6 am, two and a half hours later. Shinkari is around 20 kms away from Balakot, and the Army unit would have taken around 35-40 minutes to reach the location from where the climb to the camp begins. Incidentally, Shinkiari is also a base of the Pakistan Army, with the Junior Leaders Academy (JLA) located there.

Immediately after the Army unit arrival, the injured were taken to a Harkat-ul-Mujahideen camp, located in Shinkiari and treated by Pakistan Army doctors. Local sources say around 45 persons are still undergoing treatment in this camp, while around 20 have died during treatment due to serious injuries. Those who have recovered are still in custody of the Army and have not been discharged.

Based on the different inputs that have been gathered over the last several weeks through my contact, it can now also be safely said that the impact of the strike immediately killed a large number of JeM cadres. The numbers estimated have ranged from 130-170, including those who have died during treatment.

Those killed included 11 trainers, ranging from bomb makers to those imparting weapons training. Two of these trainers were from Afghanistan. To prevent news on the fatalities leaking through statements of family members of cadres, a group of JeM members also visited the families of those killed and handed over cash compensation to them.

Adjacent to the Blue Pine Hotel, located on the foothill from where one starts the trek for the JeM camp, is a freshly painted signboard that indicates the presence of the Taleem-ul-Quran on the hilltop. Unlike the earlier board, all links to JeM leader and now internationally proscribed terrorist Masood Azhar has been removed.

The camp area is still under the control of the Army, with a Captain rank officer of the Mujahid battalion in command. The access to the dust track leading to the camp is still restricted, even to the local police. Apart from a few children and 3-4 teachers, the camp has been cleared of any traces of it earlier being a JeM camp. Meanwhile, inhabitants of Bisian township, near the JeM camp, still discuss of some locals having noticed vehicles dumping rubble in the Kunhar River during the first night after the strike.

There is also talk about the JeM leadership having assured its cadres that the group will take its revenge when the time is ripe.
            We're waiting : )

Comment

• Falcon Slayer: Abhi’s mates get new patch to mark kill
              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Pakistan extends partial airspace ban till 30th

They want to talk about Kashmir and terrorism. Nice. Vacate PoK, stop F terrorism.

Comment

• Pakistan Army continuing with anti-India activities along LoC: Indian Army

Pakistan has been continuing with its activities which are mainly anti-India, whether it is violating ceasefire, promoting cross-border infiltration, drug trafficking, narcotics, circulation of fake Indian currency
                  Pakistan's economy is screwed. Begging bowls are running the country as of now. IMF loan is a possibility, which makes me think Pak has opened their books on CPEC investments, while hiding crucial details, it's Pakistan afterall. FATF blacklist is a possibility. BUT, these religious radicals don't seem to drift away from their state policy of terrorism. No wonder Pakistan is a cesspool of Islam, mullahs, jihadis and Pakistan Army/ISI.

Comment

• Coast Guard nabs Pakistan ship carrying drugs worth Rs 600 crore

This Sunday as the country engaged with the exit polls, the Coast Guard and Directorate Revenue Intelligence were busy deploying assets along the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) – the line that divides India and Pakistan in the Arabian Sea. The fleet of ships and aircraft were on the lookout for a Pakistani boat suspected to be carrying narcotics. Intelligence pointed to a Pakistani boat would sneak into Indian waters to land the contraband.

After a 48-hour hunt Pakistani fishing boat Al Madina carrying drugs worth Rs 600 crore was caught earlier today morning.

Indian Coast Guard Ship Arinjay was deployed to patrol the IMBL whereas two additional interceptor boats – C437 and C408 – were tasked Jakhau and Okha ports sailed out to police the waters of the Arabian Sea. In addition Dornier aircraft were launched from “Porbandar for aerial recce,” the Coast Guard said.

The suspect vessel was spotted in the late hours of May 20 sailing the IMBL. “The boat was tailed for about a day. The suspect vessel Al-Madina crossed the IMBL on 21 May when it was intercepted 08 Nautical Miles inside Indian waters. Hundred and ninety four packets suspected to be narcotics were recovered from the boat,” the Indian Coast Guard said and added “six Pakistani crew were also apprehended.”

In March 2019, the Coast Guard Ship Rajratan intercepted a Pakistani Dhow with Iranian crew. It was carrying 100 kg of Heroin and was headed towards the Gujarat coast.

Comment

• Bangladesh acts tough, restricts visa issuance to Pakistanis

New Delhi: In an exclusive conversation with Times Now from Dhaka, Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina's advisor Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury confirmed that Bangladesh has taken firm steps to restrict Terror 'elements' from using their soil and not to cross the border and land up in India for nefarious activities.

In a telephonic conversation, Mr. Chowdhury told Times Now's Mayukh Ranjan Ghosh that India, being a good friend, has regularly shared information regarding Terror organisations backed by Pakistan trying to use the soil of Bangladesh. He said that as Bangladesh was a good friend of India, it will firmly act against them and ensure they are quarantined.

Taking the first step to isolate Pakistan from the international community, Bangladesh has restricted visa issuance for Pakistanis. This, however, will be a precautionary measure and not a permanent blanket ban.

According to sources in Pakistan, the Bangladesh High Commission visa section in Islamabad has been closed from Monday afternoon. Strict instructions have come from Dhaka to scrutinize each and every applicant before issuing any visa. This is applicable for citizens of a few other countries as well.

Bangladesh PM Advisor also said that since India and Bangladesh share porous borders, they are extra cautious about people entering Bangladesh particularly in districts bordering India. Prime Minister Hasina's office and MOFA has already informed their Home department to ensure that no error terror elements use Bangladesh's soil.

Pakistan diplomats are already lobbying hard to exit FATF greylist and this decision from Bangladesh could add to their worries.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	2
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	1478013

Name:	2.png
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	1478014

Name:	3.png
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1478015

Comment

• Forgot to post this earlier, Indrani's done a stellar job explaining how the Masood Azhar UNSC vote came about

The diplomatic game of chess behind Masood Azhar’s designation as a global terrorist | ET | May 05 2019

The lowest point for India came when the Vajpayee government gave him up to Pakistan.

By Indrani Bagchi, ET Bureau|Updated: May 05, 2019, 06.42 AM IST

In 1994, Masood Azhar entered India via Bangladesh on a Portuguese passport, and began a 25-year-long career fomenting terror in this country. The lowest point for India came when the Vajpayee government gave him up to Pakistan (then, as now, operating through the Taliban) in the IC-814 hostage exchange.

25 years and many terror attacks later, Azhar was this week designated a global terrorist by the UN. The designation, which comes with asset freeze, travel ban and arms embargo, is primarily a geopolitical and diplomatic victory. On the ground, however, Azhar will probably continue to run tame in Pakistan, just as Hafiz Saeed of LeT has, despite being designated so a decade ago. After the Balakot strikes, Indian intelligence has traced him to an establishment “safe house” in Islamabad.

Nevertheless, Azhar’s designation became a thrilling game of geo-political chess which ended with the western alliance of US-France-UK beating down Chinese resistance. Ultimately, on May 1, China lifted its hold on a UNSC 1267 Committee to proscribe the JeM chief.

Although India attempted the first listing in 2009, it went nowhere. With Pathankot, Uri and Nagrota attacks by JeM coming thick and fast in 2016, India attempted another listing. China started what would become a familiar routine — put a “technical hold” on the proposal, before blocking it three months later. In 2017, the proposal was made by the US-UK-France trio, and met with the same fate.

China used the block to shore up its “lips-and-teeth” relationship with Pakistan, which has now become China’s premier ally in the world. China also used it to insert itself in the India-Pakistan dynamic, by asking India repeatedly to negotiate directly with Pakistan, a ploy also intended to achieve equivalence between India and Pakistan. By this time, India had ceased all official contact with Pakistan, and refused to fall for the China line.

For India, which went back again and again to the Azhar listing issue, it was a low cost way of publicly forcing China to shield a terrorist and a terror-sponsoring state. India could have gone on, whittling away China’s credibility internationally.

But in April 2018, Wuhan summit happened. For the next 10 months, as India tried to keep the mythical “Wuhan spirit” alive, India also dropped all references to Azhar in the UN.

It took the Pulwama attack on February 14 for the Azhar reference to be resurrected in the UNSC, again by France, together with the US and the UK. But first, some groundwork was needed — a clear unequivocal statement by the UN Security Council condemning the attack. That took a week, with major jostling behind closed doors. Just for comparison, a similar Pak-sponsored attack in Iran evoked a UNSC condemnation within 48 hours. But when it came, the statement broke new ground — it was the first ever to condemn terrorism in J&K; China’s attempts to describe it as “Indian administered Kashmir” failed and, in the teeth of Chinese opposition, the statement named Jaish-e-Mohammed as the perpetrator. The statement went far in squeezing China’s diplomatic space.

Nevertheless, when the US-led trio listed Azhar again in the UNSC, China blocked it on March 14. The game started. US and France declared they would adopt “other means”. France took the matter to the European Union after putting sanctions on Azhar at the national level. The US said they would bypass the Sanctions Committee and go for a resolution in the full UNSC.

This would force China to either fall in line or veto it — vetoing it would expose China as a terror-hugger. It’s not the image a presumptive superpower would want.

China and US got into hectic negotiations, with talks happening in Beijing, Washington and New York. China was given a deadline of April 23 to come to a decision.

China wanted India to de-escalate conflict on the border, open dialogue with Pakistan and commit to not striking Pakistan. India refused.

The Pulwama attack and Balakot strikes demonstrated two things — one, there was international sympathy for India as a victim of Pak sponsored terror, and two, that any muscular/military response to Pakistan would be justified as self-defence.

By mid-April, China had come around to accepting that they would have to lift their hold, under sustained US pressure. France played good cop to the US’s bad cop. In Washington, the US told India to organise support from all other members of the UN Security Council. Indian diplomats in Washington and New York went to work. India’s Permanent Representative at the UN, Syed Akbaruddin, held center stage in the hectic diplomacy, sometimes taking to Twitter to counsel patience. By the third week of April, all other countries had been listed as supporters.

The question was the timing. China wanted the listing to be done on May 15. The US stuck to April 23. It was left to the redoubtable skills of the Indonesian envoy to the UNSC Dian Triansyah Djani to bring the issue to a conclusion. He pushed for a decision by May 1, virtually splitting the difference. It must be remembered that India cast a crucial vote for Indonesia’s election to the UNSC in 2018.

But a concession to China had to be made, because as a diplomat explained, “everybody must been seen to have gained something.”

Hence, the removal of Pulwama from the UN statement. For India, it was the listing of Masood Azhar, a diplomatic win against China and a strike against the Pak-China nexus. For the US, it was a win-win, keeping India on its side and China on its toes. France is shaping up as India’s go-to UNSC P-5 friend, taking over slowly from Russia.

Banning Masood Azhar was a big win for India. Narendra Modi is the political beneficiary.
                        Last edited by Double Edge; 22 May 19,, 17:08.

Comment

• ^ I read it, didn't post it. I mean, what's the use. There are 10s of articles everyday that talks about things Pakistan Army does, that we already know. Professional Army my foot. Blood thirsty genocidal mercenaries.

Name:	4.png
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	1478016

Name:	5.png
Size:	366.3 KB
ID:	1478017

Comment

• European Union slams Pakistan over targeting minorities, threatens to withdraw subsidies

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	1
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	1478019

Name:	3.png
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1478020

Name:	4.png
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1478021

Name:	1.png
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1478023
                              Last edited by Oracle; 22 May 19,, 19:02.

Comment

• Girl Shoots Dead Pakistani Army Soldier After Troops Forcibly Entered Home To Sexually Harass Women

A Pakistani army soldier was shot dead by a girl in Mohmand District of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa region a few days ago after he and other soldier forcibly entered a home to sexually harass women.

As per journalist Taha Siddiqui, the soldiers decided to barge into a house at night which was inhabited only by women. All the men are said to have gone to other towns for employment.

The women alleged that the Pakistani army soldiers after entering their homes began to sexually harass them. One girl then is said to have sourced a gun and opened fire on the soldiers killing one of them.

The soldier is said to have been attached to the Mohmand Rifles and the entry into the home was not part of any search operations.

Following the incident, the locals have demanded justice for the alleged sexual harassment meted out to the women. It has been alleged that similar incidents have happened in the past and the Pakistani military has managed to hush them up.

A similar incident had reportedly happened in the Waziristan province where a woman had gone public against the sexual harassment by Pakistani soldiers.

Comment

Working...
                                X