Jaish terrorists attack CRPF convoy in Kashmir, 40 killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    ^ One more thing, there are no hardliners in Pakistan. Those who seem to be, are all opportunistic bastards. Else, the Salahuddins', the Hafiz Saeeds' etc, and even the mard-e-momin Pakistani Army would have been inside Kashmir, fighting for it.
    Why aren't they still at it then ?

Are there really no opportunities these days ?

We still catch militants every now and then so its ongoing if at a lower level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      You mean the recent development ?
      Yes.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Where we find after LAC cools down now the Paks want to cool the LoC as well.

That came as a surprise. Though its happened earlier and then relapsed back.

I have no idea how things go now or what to expect.
      I have no hope for guns to fall silent on the LoC completely, maybe for sometime.

Why this happened, I'd assume one or all of the following (you can add more):

#1. Financial condition of Pakistan, owing to PRC's debt trap, and FATF grey list. Pakistan did everything they could to get off the list, so that they could get loans to pay their circular debt. That hasn't worked.

#2. Biden coming to power and the democrats signalling that relations with India would continue on the same plank as before.

#3. After Kashmir was divided into union territories, PA went into a deep shock, and started massive propaganda on human rights abuses by Indian security forces. That didn't work as well, other than some statements here and there.

#4. The thinking that if Indian jets could cross the LoC, go deep inside Pakistan, and take out 300 JeM terrorists, then PoK would be on India's list next. Already there are protests against the PA in Sindh, Balochistan, KP etc.

#4. Neutralising of Pakistani terrorists in Kashmir by the 10s. This policy hasn't worked since the 90s.

#5. PRC starting to back off from the LAC. India buying arms running into billions of dollars to counter China, which definitely would be used against Pakistan in times of a crisis.

If the intent of Pakistan is genuine, we'd see arrest or bumping off, so-called hardline clerics and terrorist heads of various outfits of Pakistan in the days to come, I give them 6 months. This is the prequel for the PA wanting peace with India. They keep PoK, we keep what we have, and peace prevails in the sub-continent. Playbook of Israel vs middle eastern powers finding peace at last.

Then again, IK was in Colombo and talked shit. Maybe he didn't get the memo. One thing to note is, there are no 2 power centres in Pakistan. So I doubt the Pakistani offer for guns to stop blazing on the LoC & the IB. PA has always backstabbed India and given us horrendous terrorist attacks. Maybe a big one is overdue. And if such is the case, which I hope I'm wrong, Pakistan would lose, and lose big.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Don't understand your question.

Yes. Not only catch, most of them are killed. As I said before, PA has 6 months to end this terrorism shit if their offer for peace is genuine.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Don't understand your question.
          From what you said it seemed you were saying they were not trying harder to make Kashmir burn.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 01 Mar 21,, 18:53.

Comment

If the intent of Pakistan is genuine, we'd see arrest or bumping off, so-called hardline clerics and terrorist heads of various outfits of Pakistan in the days to come, I give them 6 months.
            They've completed 24 out of 27 in the FATF list.

It's arresting those terror heads that are pending and unless there is something irreversible done here they ain't getting out of the grey list.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
            This is the prequel for the PA wanting peace with India. They keep PoK, we keep what we have, and peace prevails in the sub-continent. Playbook of Israel vs middle eastern powers finding peace at last.
            Big Wow if that is what they are thinking.

It does seem like their options are narrowing. As for a peace settlement we've been here with Musharaf. We're still referring to his ceasefire of 2003.

GOI has the support to go ahead with any such overture if necessary but they will want indisputable proof of intent.

It could also be a ploy just to placate the Biden administration. It's the Dems that feel the most betrayed with the Paks.

Pakistan is responsible for deaths of American soldiers in Afghanistan and OBL being found in Pakistan.

If so this move is directed at the Americans and not necessarily at us.

Americans have a short memory and don't hold grudges

So I doubt the Pakistani offer for guns to stop blazing on the LoC & the IB. PA has always backstabbed India and given us horrendous terrorist attacks. Maybe a big one is overdue. And if such is the case, which I hope I'm wrong, Pakistan would lose, and lose big.
            In the past it has been because the intensity of our retaliation at the LoC was becoming too much and they wanted a breather.

Look at it this way. If the terror option isn't panning out then the info war option opens up.

In one of his videos, Gaurav said he mentioned to an army chief that

A 16 yr old with a laptop and the right mix of hard and soft skills can do more damage than an armoured brigade (!)

This is not about wanting peace with India but switching tack.
            Last edited by Double Edge; 01 Mar 21,, 19:13.

Comment

From what you said it seemed you were saying they were not trying harder to make Kashmir burn.
              What gave you this impression? Thugs don't stop thuggery after waking up one fine day coz' of a change of heart or morals. Ups and downs happen in every business. But, it's still business.

On a side note, what if I started a terrorist group in the say mid-90s? Would have been a dollar millionaire by now, if alive. Smart thinking always eludes me at the right time.

Comment

• This tweet belongs here

Click image for larger version

Name:	dude with the moustache.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1572391

https://twitter.com/_Spinflight_/sta...62079722967040

Comment

If so this move is directed at the Americans and not necessarily at us.
                  Am starting to wonder whether there is an American hand behind these peace overtures from Pakistan ?

Cooling things off between India - Pakistan means India concentrates more on China.

Cooling things off between India - Pakistan means Pakistan concentrates more on Afghanistan.

American objectives, both

Here's the thing. All the Americans have to say is they no longer agree that Pakistan supporting terror in Kashmir is in their interest.

That leaves the Paks out in the cold with no support.

Should the Paks comply there could be carrots in store that allow them to diversify away from China which is all they could rely on with Trump.

This does not mean they get to keep their terror infrastructure intact.

Pakistan, India agree on strict observance of all agreements, ceasefire along LoC: ISPR

So, no pushing Pakistani terrorists on Indian soil from here-on? What did Moeed Yusuf pull off here?
                  A month later its holding. There are no reports of any one crossing the border. There are reports of militants already inside being taken care of.

Wait for summer to know whether it still holds.

The Paks will find some way to blame breakdown or failure on us if things go pear shaped.
                  Last edited by Double Edge; 29 Mar 21,, 20:13.

Comment

Working...
                  X