Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see something else.

a) a CT mindset
    b) an unquestioning acceptance of China's "omnipotence" in the region so people always give China the benefit of the doubt whether China deserves it or not

I'm pushing back at this dazzling China power

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      I see something else.

a) a CT mindset
      b) an unquestioning acceptance of China's "omnipotence" in the region so people always give China the benefit of the doubt whether China deserves it or not

I'm pushing back at this dazzling China power
      What? But?

We all have to submit to China's whims and fancies.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Pakistan’s Balakot response aimed at misguiding domestic audience: Report

Completely agree. This is what I had in mind too.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          So their 24 jet response was just a dog & pony show. Somehow i thought they wanted to do more.

You'd think the PAF were certainly fired up for it given they missed the initial strike.

Comment

What? But?

We all have to submit to China's whims and fancies.
            Really ? numerous countries are pushing back against China's BRI to the point that even Xi says they should try harder to accommodate them at the latest conference. Kim fires off missiles giving China half and hours notice and his missiles hit in a pattern to show China he can hit them. Burma is another great example of push back. Vietnam even more strident.

That is what smaller powers do already, they act with urgency and agency.
            Last edited by Double Edge; 06 May 19,, 17:11.

Comment

Really ? numerous countries are pushing back against China's BRI to the point that even Xi says they should try harder to accommodate them at the latest conference. Kim fires off missiles giving China half and hours notice and his missiles hit in a pattern to show China he can hit them. Burma is another great example of push back. Vietnam even more strident.

That is what smaller powers do already, they act with urgency and agency.
              Agency?

If India has to develop itself, then it has to submit to Chinese loans, Chinese labour, Chinese infrastructure, Chinese whims & Chinese fancies. We have to become this huge, 1.3 billion+ noodle nation. I think we can do it. I love noodles.

Comment

• Agency - the abstract principle that autonomous beings, agents, are capable of acting by themselves

Like Taiwan

Maldives agreed to have ten Indian radars setup. Such a change from the previous govt.

That is agency.

Comment

So their 24 jet response was just a dog & pony show. Somehow i thought they wanted to do more.

You'd think the PAF were certainly fired up for it given they missed the initial strike.
                  PAF lost an F-16 doing acrobatics. Had they really wanted to strike at IA formations, they could have, and lost another 4-5 birds. It was a show for gullible abduls. They were lucky an Indian Mig crossed the border to shoot down an F-16, while getting shot in return. Come to think of it now, I wanted this to go ahead. Rapidly progress from air-strike to real war. Dismantle the terrorist army once and for all, and do something good for mankind.

Comment

Agency - the abstract principle that autonomous beings, agents, are capable of acting by themselves

Like Taiwan

Maldives agreed to have ten Indian radars setup. Such a change from the previous govt.

That is agency.
                    What's that feeling? Is it hate? Is it contempt? What exactly are your feelings about China, minus the noodles?

Comment

• No crackdown against seminaries: interior minister

Islam is the religion of peace, PA is the army of Satan. He's the thug who's involved in the assassination of Benazir, and hiding Osama in Abbottabad.

Comment

• Pakistan backs anti-India terror groups, has paid no price for its perfidy, US lawmakers told

Pakistan continues to sponsor terror outfits that launched deadly attacks in India because Islamabad has “paid no price for its perfidy”, a prominent think-tank expert has told American lawmakers.

Pakistan continues to sponsor terrorist groups that launched deadly attacks in India. “It has paid no price for its perfidy,” Bill Roggio, a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies told lawmakers during a Congressional hearing early this week.

“We must continue to combat state sponsors of terror and make hard decisions about countries such as Pakistan, he added.

Referring to Pakistan’s “unwavering support” to Taliban, much to the detriment of the US in Afghanistan, Roggio also disapproved the US move to withdraw troops from there.

Its support for the Taliban has been unwavering and is leading us to defeat in Afghanistan. I would argue that we have already lost Afghanistan. We are merely attempting to negotiate the terms of our exit, he told the members of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Middle East, North Africa and International Terrorism.

The United States disengaging itself from the battle fronts would lead to an easy victory of its enemies, he cautioned.

“As our enemies have expanded their base of operations and remain committed to the fight, our will has faltered, he said.

This is a long war and commitment is key. If we hope to end this threat, we must renew our commitment and to present a united front, he asserted.

In his deposition to the panel, Mr. Roggio called for “hard decisions” by the US.

We must rethink our goals and strategy and recognise our enemies’ goals and strategy. We have to figure out a way to effectively fight our enemies both in the military sphere and the sphere of ideas,” he said.

“We must continue to combat state sponsors of terror and make hard decisions about countries such as Pakistan, he added.

Mr. Roggio also accused Iran of trying to establish an Islamic state.

Iran, which alongside Pakistan, is amongst the biggest state sponsors of terrorism, also seeks to establish an Islamic state, he said.

“It backs loyal militias in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and Yemen. These militias are organised and trained along the same lines as has been law. The long-term impact of these militias is still not fully understood,” said the anti-terror strategy and security expert.

While Iran primarily backs Shia groups, it has openly battled the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria and is not opposed to forming alliances with Sunni jihadists, said Mr. Roggio.

“This secret deal was documented by the US Treasury Department in 2011 and several times since. Pakistan also continues to harbor numerous terrorist groups and uses them as a tool of its foreign policy, Mr. Roggio said.

Comment

PAF lost an F-16 doing acrobatics. Had they really wanted to strike at IA formations, they could have, and lost another 4-5 birds.
                          Right, which would be unacceptable and prolonged the conflict neither was interested in pursuing.

The military folk recognised this demonstration counter attack immediately.

The timing. Who launches an air strike in daylight. How could they possibly miss targets in a dense area. Only if they wanted to and were not serious to begin with.

It was a show for gullible abduls. They were lucky an Indian Mig crossed the border to shoot down an F-16, while getting shot in return.
                          It worked to assuage their people. They think the PAF is audacious to mount such a strike and get a hit. They will never find out about the lost F16.

Reminds me of the line cybersurg said in one of his video, the Paks are good at story telling.

Come to think of it now, I wanted this to go ahead. Rapidly progress from air-strike to real war. Dismantle the terrorist army once and for all, and do something good for mankind.
                          So, here is where i bring up Vipin Narang who says its lucky it ended when it did but if there was a mistake things could have got worse. In other words he would like a return to the good old days when the world said India should exercise restraint.

After reading that report you see the Paks were very careful that there would be no chance of further escalation. We were careful with the strike as were they and they only had 24h to respond.

Comment

What's that feeling? Is it hate? Is it contempt? What exactly are your feelings about China, minus the noodles?
                            If people would stop crapping their pants every time China is mentioned.

Comment

If people would stop crapping their pants every time China is mentioned.
                              There are 3 categories of Indians vis-a-vis China:
                              #1. One which thinks the China threat is real, and want the Government to address those in an urgent and timely manner.
                              #2. One which wants proof to term a threat, a threat.
                              #3. Communists, closet communists & Naxals, in bed with those in China.

Crapping isn't the right word, it is vision. When it comes to the CPC and its history, it's not even a guess what they're upto, and what they'll be doing once they get on par with Russia, militarily. There is another category, #4, they never crap their pants, they plan retribution against the country's enemies. Head-in-their-ass bureaucrats call them war-mongers. They call themselves patriots.

Comment

There are 3 categories of Indians vis-a-vis China:
                                #1. One which thinks the China threat is real, and want the Government to address those in an urgent and timely manner.
                                #2. One which wants proof to term a threat, a threat.
                                #3. Communists, closet communists & Naxals, in bed with those in China.

Crapping isn't the right word, it is vision. When it comes to the CPC and its history, it's not even a guess what they're upto, and what they'll be doing once they get on par with Russia, militarily. There is another category, #4, they never crap their pants, they plan retribution against the country's enemies. Head-in-their-ass bureaucrats call them war-mongers. They call themselves patriots.
                                I'm referring to the exaggeration of that threat and leaving out what we're doing in response and the media just hyping it because the fear mongering gets them views, clicks & hits. After a while it has this effect of conditioning people into becoming subservient. Contrary to what China thinks this type of coverage is building deference for China by unwitting Indians.

Would you say the present govt wasn't aware of the threat, they sure were but they buckled down and dealt with it. Doklam was a good example, of the govt going further than what people expected. People were wondering hey aren't we over doing it, you want to pick a fight with them in a third country. Are you sure. Well, yeah we were and see how it turned out in the end. So the govt read what China can and wouldn't do quite well. The people otoh were clueless. Contrast this with the previous administration where the impression was always couldn't they do more to push back.

Getting Masood designated. China blocked in 2016, did we give up like in 2009, no, we kept at it. China blocked again, was that enough, no, still kept pushing and pushing until they got China to cave in again.

This govt's forte is foreign policy and specifically military diplomacy. Revived bilateral relations with Russia in a major way by signing S400 deal, renewing the security relations with Bhutan, implementing the Land Boundary Agreement with Bangladesh, joint military strike with Myanmar, formal process of take over of Sittwe Port in Myanmar, bilateral agreement with Indonesia for a base in Sabang, strategic port facilities in Singapore, getting Mahinda Rajapaksa to loose power, installing friendly government in Maldives, trilateral agreement with Iran and Afghanistan for Chabahar Port, just to name a few. Take you pick. We can go on and on with Oman, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Israel, France, United States and many more.

So this is not a govt that is intimidated by China at all so i don't see why people should be just because the media says so. I've posted numerous instances by smaller powers on China's periphery and beyond pushing back. The PNG minister threw the Chinese representative out of his office because of bad behaviour.

Still you get pundits going on about threats as if they are insurmountable and leaving things hanging, that is fear mongering at its simplest. Leaves you in a state of fear.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 07 May 19,, 14:36.

Comment

Working...
                                X