Jaish terrorists attack CRPF convoy in Kashmir, 40 killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    No, we've not had a raid of the size mentioned ever before. I don't know about act of war but the operation was primarily from a morale point of view.

Second, this is the first one we've owned up to. The PM put his stamp on it. Since we went public, it leaves the door open for further such operations. We're not afraid of crossing the line when necessary

That is the difference.

PS: Nice to see you : )
    Revenge squad for the Kaluchak massacre scored 20+ hits IIRC.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      Revenge squad for the Kaluchak massacre scored 20+ hits IIRC.
      This one had more, numbers vary. 40 -80 and across several locations.

Comment

From Praveen Swami, middle last year

Jaish-e-Mohammed's giant new training centre begins to blossom in Imran Khan's Pakistan | Firstpost | Jul 27 2018

For the past three months, photographs obtained by Firstpost have revealed, that Jaish-e-Mohammed has been secretly building work on a 15-acre complex on the outskirts of the city of Bahawalpur—five times the size of its existing headquarters. The complex, the Jaish hopes, will train thousands of young children like Hanzala, harvested from the south Punjab countryside.
        The next bit links the rise of Jaish with Imran

Prime Minister-designate Imran Khan’s rise is key to the Jaish-e-Mohammed’s prospects. For months, the Jaish-e-Mohammed campaigned against former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, describing him as a traitor to Pakistan and Islam. In areas like Bahawalpur, the organisation threw its weight behind Khan’s party, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf.
        Last edited by Double Edge; 15 Feb 19,, 15:15.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	2
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	1477846

Name:	2.png
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1477847

Name:	3.png
Size:	419.5 KB
ID:	1477848

This communist scum should be sent packing. But no, our PM started a love affair at Wuhan. And only he knows what discounts the Chinese have given us. For sure, no discounts from China's pet poodle Pak and its terrorism. Damn communist hypocrites.

Name:	4.png
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1477849

This is the right time to bomb Pak and destroy some of China's CPEC infrastructure. Why bother talking to thiefs, scoundrels and terrorists?

Name:	5.png
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	1477850
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

From Praveen Swami, middle last year

Jaish-e-Mohammed's giant new training centre begins to blossom in Imran Khan's Pakistan | Firstpost | Jul 27 2018

The next bit links the rise of Jaish with Imran
            Read that earlier. Thanks for posting it again.

Comment

This is the right time to bomb Pak and destroy some of China's CPEC infrastructure.
              We slipped up because the guy got access to explosives. How did that happen when its impossible in the rest of the country ??

See the comparison with URi, they needed four guys for a return of 19 dead soldiers.

Here it only cost one guy, for a return of 40+

Bombs are very effective.

In this case by a factor of 10 : (

Comment

Name:	6.png
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1477851

Name:	7.png
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1477852

No one is blaming the non-jihadi Pakistanis. When I say Pakistan, by default I mean the Pakistan Army, and it's notorious terrorist intelligence services, the ISI. When I say the Chinese, I mean the CPC.

This idiot is a blot. He should be boycotted from all spheres of life. Retard.

Comment

We slipped up because the guy got access to explosives. How did that happen when its impossible in the rest of the country ??
                  Local collaborators.

The Valley is not developed as say South India, so jobs are far and few. Industrialists don't want to invest money because of terrorism. For a few hundred bucks, people sell their soul and pelt stones at security forces and help terrorists, both local and foreign get away. I would like to stress that it is mostly out of fear, but locals do it for money too. One cannot get explosives, and a vehicle for a suicide attack without local help.

See the comparison with URi, they needed four guys for a return of 19 dead soldiers.

Here it only cost one guy, for a return of 40+

Bombs are very effective.

In this case by a factor of 10 : (
                  Intelligence recruitment in India is from the IPS. It lacks a clear focus. And rest we talked via PM.

R&AW have establishment 22 at its disposal, yet those highly trained men are hardly used. India lacks a coherent foreign policy when it comes to Pakistan and China, one whose concept is based on bleeding the enemy instead of patching up our own wounds.

Why don't we pick up toppers from IITs/IIMs/ISI(Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata) in their infancy and train them to be highly motivated professionals. But, no, we have a legacy of hiring unfit police officers for intelligence roles. And the nation suffers, everytime, all the time. For fucks sake, atleast fill in intelligence positions with people from the military intelligence.

Comment

Local collaborators.
                    Sympathisers are every where but without access to the right stuff there is no incident. This was military grade explosive. There is no bus left after the collision.

I'm also seeing these guys with M4's now. So they are smuggling weapons & explosives across the border. We don't allow people on our side easy access to the other and vice versa. Infiltration i'm told is reducing with the added security measures being implemented.

I would like to stress that it is mostly out of fear, but locals do it for money too. One cannot get explosives, and a vehicle for a suicide attack without local help.
                    The last suicide attack was in 2001 also by JeM. Pretty long gap there. Vehicle is easy. Explosives is not or shouldn't be. Without explosives the world's best bomb maker is useless.

Did they pinch them from the army ? If you attack an armoury then you get weapons and the rest. Naxals do this all the time. I kinda thought it would be harder to pull off in Kashmir though.

Intelligence recruitment in India is from the IPS. It lacks a clear focus. And rest we talked via PM.

R&AW have establishment 22 at its disposal, yet those highly trained men are hardly used. India lacks a coherent foreign policy when it comes to Pakistan and China, one whose concept is based on bleeding the enemy instead of patching up our own wounds.
                    Quite a few plots have been foiled over the years. You've posted some. So things have improved since the last ten years.

Why don't we pick up toppers from IITs/IIMs/ISI(Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata) in their infancy and train them to be highly motivated professionals. But, no, we have a legacy of hiring unfit police officers for intelligence roles. And the nation suffers, everytime, all the time. For fucks sake, atleast fill in intelligence positions with people from the military intelligence.
                    All it takes is just one slip up and the world hears about it. The previous 99 times they foiled an attack everybody has forgotten.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 15 Feb 19,, 16:44.

Comment

Security cover given to people getting funds from Pakistan and ISI should be reviewed: Rajnath Singh

Reviewed??? Such display of high-IQ and intelligence. How do these people sleep at night?

Many military men and I have said about withdrawing security cover from these anti-nationals, and their funds traced. Our own politicians disgust me. All they think is how to remain in power.

Can anyone tell me, what does China siding with India in naming Masood Azhar as a terrorist in UN do for us? Will it stop Pak sponsored terrorism? Why don't these godforsaken dumb headed politicians understands that peace on the Indo-Pak & NE-Indian border doesn't benefit China. Is it that hard to understand?
                      Last edited by Oracle; 08 Dec 20,, 16:57.

Comment

Sympathisers are every where but without access to the right stuff there is no incident. This was military grade explosive. There is no bus left after the collision.

I'm also seeing these guys with M4's now. So they are smuggling weapons & explosives across the border. We don't allow people on our side easy access to the other and vice versa. Infiltration i'm told is reducing with the added security measures being implemented.
                        It is from Pakistan. I haven't heard of terrorists hitting an Army convoy or base to steal explosives. If you're active on Twitter, you'd see pics of COIN ops, dead Pak jihadis and scores of AKs, M16s, grenades, plastic explosives, wire, rations etc recovered. When I say local collaborators, I mean information.

The last suicide attack was in 2001 also by JeM. Pretty long gap there. Vehicle is easy. Explosives is not or shouldn't be. Without explosives the world's best bomb maker is useless.

Did they pinch them from the army ? If you attack an armoury then you get weapons and the rest. Naxals do this all the time. I kinda thought it would be harder to pull off in Kashmir though.

Quite a few plots have been foiled over the years. You've posted some. So things have improved since the last ten years.

All it takes is just one slip up and the world hears about it. The previous 99 times they foiled an attack everybody has forgotten.
                        How many attacks happened in America after 9/11? What's the casualty figures? You know what, your post is the thinking that the Indian bureaucracy finds hard to outgrow. Why should this happen again and again and again. Why not plan for a decisive outcome and get it done with? If it takes time, fine, take time, but, just be done with it.

Comment

It is from Pakistan. I haven't heard of terrorists hitting an Army convoy or base to steal explosives. If you're active on Twitter, you'd see pics of COIN ops, dead Pak jihadis and scores of AKs, M16s, grenades, plastic explosives, wire, rations etc recovered. When I say local collaborators, I mean information.
                          How to bypass the indian grids ? go underground. There's tunnels we need to find.

I'm sceptical of this 350kg of explosives in the scorpio. Where did that figure come from. It suggests the explosive was locally procured. a) that's a lot b) hard to disguise. But if it was higher grade explosive then less would be needed.

How many attacks happened in America after 9/11? What's the casualty figures? You know what, your post is the thinking that the Indian bureaucracy finds hard to outgrow. Why should this happen again and again and again. Why not plan for a decisive outcome and get it done with? If it takes time, fine, take time, but, just be done with it.
                          Need to distinguish who the target is with these attacks when it comes to India. After 26/11, attacks on civilians dropped sharply and stayed down. It does not happen again and again here. I'm undecided whether that is a change of thinking at the PA or whether we upped defenses. I think the former is more important as the international backlash became too expensive.

So they switched focus, attacks on the state security went up and we're still in that phase. Now, hitting security people means those guys can fight back. Civilians cannot. Also the area of operations is much more limited compared to earlier where it was pan India.

As for what is to be done, let the pro's deal with it. It's an election year so there will be fireworks.

8:48 The general does not think the explosives came from Pakistan In other words locally sourced and pilfered. He says there is no shortage of explosives in Kashmir, due to the construction work there already. Roads, railway lines, dams, tunnels etc. So there has been a leakage some where. This then begs the question if there is no dearth of explosives in Kashmir why this sort of thing does not happen more often ? It's the rarity of suicide attacks like this that makes it unusual.

I guess the obvious answer is bombs are non-discriminatory. Unless you can assure the target will be Indian security, only Indian security and in a concentrated formation then bombs are off the list. No bomb attacks on civilians spaces. At most some grenades or some shots.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 15 Feb 19,, 21:36.

Comment

Rajnath Singh also announced that civilian traffic will be restricted on highways and major roads in Jammu and Kashmir during the movement of convoys of Army and security forces

"Civilian traffic movement will be restricted for some time during movement of Army and security forces convoys. This may cause inconvenience and I apologise for this but this is necessary for safety of jawans," he told reporters after a high-level security review meeting here.
                            Simple fix

40 CRPF personnel were killed and five injured on Thursday in one of the deadliest terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir when a Jaish-e-Mohammad suicide bomber rammed a vehicle carrying over 100kg of explosives into their bus in Pulwama district.
                            Now the figure has reduced from 350kg to over 100kg
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 15 Feb 19,, 17:40.

Comment

The Iranians think the Paks are supporting sunni groups on their side of the border and decided to do something about it. Some Iranian border guards were abducted earlier ostensibly by Balochis.

Six Pak paramilitary dead and 16 wounded. Happened a month ago.

After deadly ambush on border patrol, Pakistan questions Iran’s writ | Rasanah| Dec 30 2018

So Paks got trouble with all three neighbours now.

I'm seeing what those recent Saudi & UAE loans were for. Saudis & UAE supporting restive Balochis in Iran via Pakistan. There's scores to be settled for Yemen.

At the same time Balochis in Pakistan attacking Pak interests. Are the Iranians helping them.

Iran working with Taliban to a certain extent i suppose is to keep the Hazaras in Afghanistan safe.
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 15 Feb 19,, 20:33.

Comment

It's not the Balochis who attacked Iran. It's Jaish ul-Adl. They also attacked Iranian Rev Guards some days back. Name changed from Jundullah. ISI proxies.

Comment

Working...
                                X