Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 350

Thread: The US 2020 Presidential Election

  1. #106
    Senior Contributor GVChamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Aug 06
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    Easy to get a booming economy from a booming deficit and debt. But that all Trumpkin ever did until he got into money laundering. Want to know why Trumpkin Tower Moscow never happened? Just common sense for the Putin mafia; their money is already safe in Muscovy but makes nothing - they need it abroad - in places they like to enjoy the 'perversions' and the spiritual and moral 'decadence'. I mean floating around on superyachts with Belorusian 'sex therapists' is easy in the West.



    Add traitor.
    Trump may be an idiot, but he is not such an idiot that he's driven the economy directly into the ground. I was told it was a certainty that this would happen, along with starting a nuclear war, banning all immigrants, and eliminating abortion. Hell, on the night of the election many people were pointing to the stock market collapse on Election Night as proof everything was about to collapse.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

  2. #107
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    Yup. As the wall morphed into secure borders, the swamp morphed into the committed democrat operatives, who are happily outing themselves.
    Vindman still has a job, professionally staring out the window twiddling his pencil and hoping someone might come by and talk to him.
    Same as

    Perhaps the two can go out for dinner together.

    Hell, even Bruce Orr is required to front up to his office in the basement each day. The rest of Washington has just gone 'meh, lets make a deal'.
    Still obsessed with who called the fire department but not a care in the world about the inferno blazing away in plain sight.

    Good priorities you've got there.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

    "The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

  3. #108
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    Well, apart from a booming economy, record Black and Hispanic employment and surviving not one but two coup attempts :-))

    Oddly enough, considering he's *-checks list-* a racist Islamophobic sexist racist fascist idiot child orange god emperor moron traitor racist f*ckwit racist did-I-mention-racist? totalitarian half-wit, he seems to have out-fought every single lefty in the entire continental US. With growing popularity.
    What that says about the left, I couldn't possibly comment.....
    Given that everything on your list is demonstrably true of Trump, I'd gonna say that it says far more about the 62,984,828 Americans that voted for Trump, and not as much about the 73,684,448‬ that voted for *-checks list-* literally anybody else.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

    "The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

  4. #109
    Dirty Kiwi Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    10 Nov 04
    Location
    Te Whanganui a-Tara, Te Ika a Maui, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,870
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Still obsessed with who called the fire department but not a care in the world about the inferno blazing away in plain sight.

    Good priorities you've got there.
    You'd rather they were sacked?
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

    Leibniz

  5. #110
    Dirty Kiwi Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    10 Nov 04
    Location
    Te Whanganui a-Tara, Te Ika a Maui, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,870
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Given that everything on your list is demonstrably true of Trump, I'd gonna say that it says far more about the 62,984,828 Americans that voted for Trump, and not as much about the 73,684,448‬ that voted for *-checks list-* literally anybody else.
    So how is it he's outfought every attack against him? Hint: if you say his supporters are racist Islamophobic sexist racist fascist idiot child orange god emperor moron traitor racist f*ckwit racist did-I-mention-racist? totalitarian half-wits, there's a good chance he'll win the next election as well.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

    Leibniz

  6. #111
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    You'd rather they were sacked?
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I'd rather whom were sacked?
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

    "The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

  7. #112
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    So how is it he's outfought every attack against him? Hint: if you say his supporters are racist Islamophobic sexist racist fascist idiot child orange god emperor moron traitor racist f*ckwit racist did-I-mention-racist? totalitarian half-wits, there's a good chance he'll win the next election as well.
    He hasn't "outfought" them. He's vastly outnumbered by them. He was saved only by, first the Electoral College, then has been shielded in lockstop by Congressional Republicans.

    The midterm elections cost the GOP the House by a good margin when, if Trump was truly "outfighting" them, the GOP would've rode his coattails into another 2 years of solid control.

    And I'm not saying that all of his supporters are all those things: But plenty of them are. And the rest are comfortable enough with Trump being those things that they'll ignore it (again) and vote for him (again).

    So, while you obviously can't vote for him, I'm wondering....why do you still support him so rabidly, in spite of that damning laundry list of slime?
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

    "The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

  8. #113
    Dirty Kiwi Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    10 Nov 04
    Location
    Te Whanganui a-Tara, Te Ika a Maui, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,870
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I'd rather whom were sacked?
    Orr, Vindman and Voldemorte (he who shall not be named.).
    Examine my post in context of DE's comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    This is all good. It means he's figured out how to work with the swamp if not clean it out.

    There never is an incentive to clean it out because it will work with any one.

    If you try to clean it up you find out everybody is tainted.

    Nuclear option is off the table.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

    Leibniz

  9. #114
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    Orr, Vindman and Voldemorte (he who shall not be named.).
    Examine my post in context of DE's comment
    I'm sorry but DE's comments are incredibly nonsensical and circular. With a couple of recent exceptions I've stopped replying to him entirely. Unfortunately like a moth to a flame I get drawn right back in because I simply can't believe some of the things he says.
    In any case, I'm not going down this rabbit hole. You and Trump and the GOP are obsessed with the whistleblower and yet don't seem to give a shit about investigating what he tipped Congress off on.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

    "The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

  10. #115
    Dirty Kiwi Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    10 Nov 04
    Location
    Te Whanganui a-Tara, Te Ika a Maui, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,870
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    He hasn't "outfought" them. He's vastly outnumbered by them. He was saved only by, first the Electoral College, then has been shielded in lockstop by Congressional Republicans.

    The midterm elections cost the GOP the House by a good margin when, if Trump was truly "outfighting" them, the GOP would've rode his coattails into another 2 years of solid control.

    And I'm not saying that all of his supporters are all those things: But plenty of them are. And the rest are comfortable enough with Trump being those things that they'll ignore it (again) and vote for him (again).

    So, while you obviously can't vote for him, I'm wondering....why do you still support him so rabidly, in spite of that damning laundry list of slime?
    I don't support him Joe. Of the appalling list presented last election, Bernie would have been my pick.
    What I am saying is you are stuck in the same place as the screaming liberal video I posted before, three years on.
    Stop ascribing the aforementioned racist blah blah to people who think differently than you.
    Personally, I'd like to see Tulsi Gabbard in the WH. She's intelligent, charismatic, the former HC supporters would flock to her and she'd have trump on the back foot from day one.
    The fact she's a Vet, ethnically a Pacifica sista, a Hindu and her hubby is a kiwi bro is neither here nor there, though first husband layin down a bbq on the first lawn would be chill.
    In other words, Trump is there and will stay there until you pick someone who can beat him in the elections.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

    Leibniz

  11. #116
    Dirty Kiwi Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    10 Nov 04
    Location
    Te Whanganui a-Tara, Te Ika a Maui, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,870
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    I'm sorry but DE's comments are incredibly nonsensical and circular. With a couple of recent exceptions I've stopped replying to him entirely. Unfortunately like a moth to a flame I get drawn right back in because I simply can't believe some of the things he says.
    In any case, I'm not going down this rabbit hole. You and Trump and the GOP are obsessed with the whistleblower and yet don't seem to give a shit about investigating what he tipped Congress off on.
    I'm not obsessed with the whistleblower at all, and DE and my conversation was around Trump and the swamp working together rather than the
    nuclear option
    . I used the whistleblower(s) as an example of people not being fired to agree with
    It means he's figured out how to work with the swamp if not clean it out.

    There never is an incentive to clean it out because it will work with any one.
    Basically we're just using International Shorthand because we know each other, not obsessing about whistleblowers. As for Trumps dastardly deeds, colour me shocked when it moves beyond sound and fury signifying nothing. Until that point I will continue to mock, because rage without purpose and aim should always be mocked.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

    Leibniz

  12. #117
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    10,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    In other words, Trump is there and will stay there until you pick someone who can beat him in the elections.
    Bottom line !

    Have the people had enough or not.

    No, they have not

    Total approve still in the high 40s.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    Basically we're just using International Shorthand because we know each other, not obsessing about whistleblowers.
    Man said he would clean up and the question is what has he done.

    His supporters will see this affair as trying to do so but getting stopped. Not just that but attempt to topple.

    Will they continue to support him ? definitely.


    This same question was being asked before the Indian elections because Modi said the same thing.

    Where's the fish ? that's the question

    Zelensky will face similar in a few years time
    Last edited by Double Edge; 30 Dec 19, at 03:14.

  13. #118
    Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    TopHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Sep 03
    Posts
    17,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    I don't support him Joe.
    Iain. Your posting from the last couple days screams loud and clear that that is BULLSHIT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    Of the appalling list presented last election, Bernie would have been my pick.
    Bernie? And now you're defending Trump at every turn? What the fuck man?

    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    What I am saying is you are stuck in the same place as the screaming liberal video I posted before, three years on.
    Maybe because this man is shitting all over American institutions and values that I had previously thought inviolate, at least by those on the Right? Maybe because this man is a loathsome ****?

    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    Stop ascribing the aforementioned racist blah blah to people who think differently than you.
    Show me EXACTLY where I did that. And no, saying that many of Trump's supporters are racist doesn't count because they goddamn well ARE racist, proud of it, and Trump has emboldened them to say it and take action on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    In other words, Trump is there and will stay there until you pick someone who can beat him in the elections.
    Not up to me man. And not up to the voters. We saw that pretty clearly in 2016.
    “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if the Senate determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role… because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    ~ Lindsey Graham

    "The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."
    ~ Trey Gowdy

  14. #119
    Dirty Kiwi Senior Contributor
    Join Date
    10 Nov 04
    Location
    Te Whanganui a-Tara, Te Ika a Maui, Aotearoa
    Posts
    19,870
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Iain. Your posting from the last couple days screams loud and clear that that is BULLSHIT.
    Well no. WAB has always been about cutting through BS to see what is actually there. 2-3 years ago and right up to now, "Trump colluded with the Russians to subvert the Presidential Elections". 2-3 years later, after incredibly broad criteria series of investigations, nothing.

    Bernie? And now you're defending Trump at every turn? What the fuck man?
    1st read here, here, here, here, and here.
    2nd: What I'm defending is the board against Hyperbolic Political Propaganda. What I have always done since we first introduced these.
    Maybe because this man is shitting all over American institutions and values that I had previously thought inviolate, at least by those on the Right? Maybe because this man is a loathsome ****?
    Yes he is.

    Show me EXACTLY where I did that. And no, saying that many of Trump's supporters are racist doesn't count because they goddamn well ARE racist, proud of it, and Trump has emboldened them to say it and take action on it.
    echo chamber


    Not up to me man. And not up to the voters. We saw that pretty clearly in 2016.
    I've always considered you a classical liberal. Would that be correct?
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

    Leibniz

  15. #120
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    10,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    I've always considered you a classical liberal. Would that be correct?
    Already had this argument with him.

    He thinks people's vote does not count. EC screws it up. System is broken

    If people think like this then you get Trump & Brexit because people who support do believe their vote counts.

    I say system is broken if people like Trump & Brexit cannot happen. THAT is when your vote does not count.

    The elites have captured it and can get the result they want. They tell you what to think, what to do and how to vote.


    He goes on about popular vote when the system is first past the post.

    Many countries use FPP. That tells me it has value.

    That dense pockets cannot dominate broad support.

    Does not require 3 million votes in California to go from 54 to 55 in EC. This is the best slam i've heard for popular vote.

    Michael Walsh said it, he writes coulmns in the NY Post from time to time. Reason i watch him is when the MSM was saying Trump would lose, this guy got in a car, drove around the country and came up with a different assessment. He called the result a month before the elections.

    Good old fashioned reporting. Not sitting in some fancy office in Manhattan or DC and writing nonsense. He's been quiet of late but i'm sure he'll get into it soon.

    I learnt there is disconnect with what the media leads you to believe and what the people think. And its taken me a long time to appreciate this difference. Media is about agenda. All the big name media houses in the US & elsewhere are into it.

    It's not working any more. It's never worked but it took a Trump to make that clear.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 30 Dec 19, at 12:47.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 2 guests)

  1. surfgun

Similar Threads

  1. French Presidential Election
    By kato in forum International Politics
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 02 Jul 17,, 00:17
  2. 2012 Presidential Election - The Ups and Downs
    By TopHatter in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 1237
    Last Post: 24 Nov 13,, 04:28
  3. dead colts of presidential election
    By luffaman in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28 Jun 08,, 02:17
  4. 2000 US Presidential Election
    By Shek in forum American Politics & Economy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19 May 08,, 04:05
  5. Mexico's Presidential Election's over...
    By ProzacNation in forum International Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04 Jul 06,, 11:43

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •