Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The US 2020 Presidential Election

The shady Biden “business” practices are starting to get the attention of left leaning news agencies. The Biden sell by date must be coming.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bide...ll_twopack_hed

Senior Contributor
    You are joking about 'shady business practices' I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    I do not think it matters about 'how things have changed' or internet funding etc... The whole point of the 2020 election must be to get rid of the traitor and the best placed person to do that seems to be Biden. If he can pass some new laws to stop such a foreign sponsored calamity happening again that is a bonus but as soon as Trumpkin is out he will be locked up anyway.
    I'd say things have changed pretty dramatically. Practically everyone feels like they should be able to throw their hat into the ring for President. It's a clown car. There's a lot changes because social media has entirely changed the news cycle and the major parties increasingly lack the ability to enforce discipline.

It's....not good.

I'd raise the estimates of the following:
    Warren
    Harris
    Castro
    De Blasio (though, let's be honest, still low)

I'd basically say half of these candidates are done for. Gillibrand and Beto are toast, a bunch of people failed to take off. I expect Sanders to linger on for a while but slowly bleed votes and basically become a distant 4th by Super Tuesday, and I expect Booker to be stuck in 2nd gear.

Warren has done much better than what I expected based on her early roll-out, but I'd say Biden and Harris still have the better shot in the long-term. Also, I really do not like Warren. I dislike her almost as much as I dislike Gillibrand. Her entire recent spurt seems like a ridiculous pander campaign out of sheer desperation, which sadly worked.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Administrator
    Lei Feng Protege
    Defense Professional
    I'd say things have changed pretty dramatically. Practically everyone feels like they should be able to throw their hat into the ring for President. It's a clown car. There's a lot changes because social media has entirely changed the news cycle and the major parties increasingly lack the ability to enforce discipline.

It's....not good.
    this was already clear since 2004; nothing new. legislative paralysis plays a role in this too-- disgust in the paralysis means a perpetual search for a new outsider who will "clean out Washington", and make grand promises. frankly the Dem primary candidates aren't that bad by comparison with, say, the 2012 GOP primary candidates. 9-9-9 Herman Cain, anyone? Balanced Budget Amendment?

Castro and de Blasio aren't gonna happen.

Warren's recent rise is pretty much a combination of wonky liberals and the centrists who can't stand Sanders.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Thread Information