Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829

Thread: The US 2020 Presidential Election

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by astralis View Post
    and the end result will be that even if Trump is crushed this November, Junior will be waiting on the sidelines to carry that torch.

you can only reform the Party if there's actually a reformist faction within that can take over.
    You would think they would be smart enough to read the tea leaves should Trump be eliminated. Come to 2028 election some states that were red in 2016, and are now purple for 2020, will stand a strong chance of being blue in 2028. The way Texas is going given that 80,000 Californians moved there in 2019 alone should give a clue as to what to expect. Texas blue then where does the Republican Party turn? Same for Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado. Florida by 2032?

Quote Originally Posted by tbm3fan View Post
    You would think they would be smart enough to read the tea leaves should Trump be eliminated. Come to 2028 election some states that were red in 2016, and are now purple for 2020, will stand a strong chance of being blue in 2028. The way Texas is going given that 80,000 Californians moved there in 2019 alone should give a clue as to what to expect. Texas blue then where does the Republican Party turn? Same for Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado. Florida by 2032?
    So you are saying that Californians are a cancer to Texas? After their policies have turned California into a place that they despised so much that they had to move and that they plan to turn Texas into a similar mess?

Quote Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
    So you are saying that Californians are a cancer to Texas? After their policies have turned California into a place that they despised so much that they had to move and that they plan to turn Texas into a similar mess?
    Did I really say that? Let me check back. Nope, you do have a nasty habit of assigning false stories to people.

I will say with job transfers and cheaper housing we will buy the state. You're next. Better hope for a mythical vaccine...LOL.

Isn't California like the 6th biggest economy in the world?

I've noticed a lot of red supporters really taking blue states and their cities to task since Trump got elected. Which is curious because when you start looking at, not only pictures, but the data and statistics behind some of the the great red states of the south, I wonder what I'm missing? Cheap golf I'll say, but I mean some of those places are essentially third world counties.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by surfgun View Post
    No I'm pretty sure he's saying that Donald Trump is a cancer to the United States. And plenty of other people are saying that too.

Still drinking that Kool-Aid and happy that he's the "anti-lefty"?
    TwentyFiveFortyFive

Quote Originally Posted by tbm3fan View Post
    I guess the question is "who is they"? The GOP establishment did not want Trump, they fought Trump, and they lost when GOP voters selected Trump anyways. The majority of GOP voters still back Trump, so dumping Trump means effectively dumping the voters, which is not going to be a good look.

It's not impossible to get beyond this: Trump himself attacked Dubya when he was running. And he was booed, because Dubya was still Our Guy in the GOP. And Trump won despite that. But it's still politically unwise.

GOP Voters aren't going to go along with dumping Trump unless the Fox News primetime lineup leads it.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post

I've noticed a lot of red supporters really taking blue states and their cities to task since Trump got elected. Which is curious because when you start looking at, not only pictures, but the data and statistics behind some of the the great red states of the south, I wonder what I'm missing? Cheap golf I'll say, but I mean some of those places are essentially third world counties.
    The South by and large is pretty poorly run but Texas is generally pretty well run and NC has a decent economy, both bringing in a lot of Blue Staters. Tennessee does well for itself and is also attracting a lot of Blue Staters. Atlanta is a pretty prosperous city, again attracting Blues. If I had to pick the next runner-up, might be Arkansas....

Well-run Red States would probably need to include Nebraska and Utah.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by GVChamp View Post
    I guess the question is "who is they"? The GOP establishment did not want Trump, they fought Trump, and they lost when GOP voters selected Trump anyways. The majority of GOP voters still back Trump, so dumping Trump means effectively dumping the voters, which is not going to be a good look.

It's not impossible to get beyond this: Trump himself attacked Dubya when he was running. And he was booed, because Dubya was still Our Guy in the GOP. And Trump won despite that. But it's still politically unwise.

GOP Voters aren't going to go along with dumping Trump unless the Fox News primetime lineup leads it.
    The GOP didn't abandon Nixon during the whole 2 years of Watergate. They stood in front of him like a steel curtain....until they suddenly didn't, and even after Nixon resigned in disgrace, he retained a 25% approval rating.

Right now, former high-ranking military members like Mullen and Mattis have bluntly savaged Trump with op-eds. Former President Bush has done the same (albeit much more obliquely) and a Biden endorsement , unthinkable just a few months ago, could be around the corner.

Trump is becoming more and more unhinged, staging a horrific photo op that backfired spectacularly, and lashing out at some very high-profile conservative heroes and of course lying blatantly the whole time.

Just like Nixon, GOP will dump Trump when the moment is right. If they've got any sense of survival, that is.

Name:  Screenshot-2020-06-03-at-21.30.58 (1).png
Views: 15
Size:  196.5 KB
    TwentyFiveFortyFive

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post

#5 to be exact

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Defense Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by GVChamp View Post

The South by and large is pretty poorly run but Texas is generally pretty well run and NC has a decent economy, both bringing in a lot of Blue Staters. Tennessee does well for itself and is also attracting a lot of Blue Staters. Atlanta is a pretty prosperous city, again attracting Blues. If I had to pick the next runner-up, might be Arkansas....

Well-run Red States would probably need to include Nebraska and Utah.
    The draw in those areas are concentrated in certain areas...Texas is metro Austin and some Houston. Not too much Dallas. NC tends to be the Triangle and some Charlotte...rest of the state is desolate. TN is Knoxville and Nashville southward towards Spring Hill...big time medical insurance & services companies.

You get outside of those bubbles and the schools suck...heck, here in Virginia it is often much the same story.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Thread Information