Iran showcases new fighter jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran showcases new fighter jet

Iran has unveiled its new fighter aircraft. I wonder if this new fighter will replace Iran's F-5F

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKCN1L60C8

Originally posted by Dazed View Post
    Iran has unveiled its new fighter aircraft. I wonder if this new fighter will replace Iran's F-5F

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKCN1L60C8
    It looks like it *is* an F-5F...though if they actually manufactured their own turbo fans I'm a little impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      It looks like it *is* an F-5F...though if they actually manufactured their own turbo fans I'm a little impressed.
      Sarcasm on the F-5 thing. Yes, I agree the ability to reverse engineer the GE's also their ability to launch satellites impressive,

Comment

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

**deep breath**

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Ah the memories. This thread takes me back to the one a few years ago regarding the imminent introduction of Iran's new hi-tech 'Stealth' fighter jet. The one that was going to blow Iran's enemies out of the sky, also the one that looked like a 2/3 scale mock-up produced by Industrial Light and Magic.

That aircraft must have been super stealthy because no one has seen a sign of it since the press conference. So I give this jet only a slightly better chance of going into production in anything like useful numbers.
          Last edited by Monash; 23 Aug 18,, 04:47.
          If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

I feel this is propaganda on a bad scale. Atleast some pics of it flying should have been released. Look at ARs' response, Lol.
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
              Ah the memories. This thread takes me back to the one a few years ago regarding the imminent introduction of Iran's new hi-tech 'Stealth' fighter jet. The one that was going to blow Iran's enemies out of the sky, also the one that looked like a 2/3 scale mock-up produced by Industrial Light and Magic.

That aircraft must have been super stealthy because no one has seen a sign of it since the press conference. So I give this jet only a slightly better chance of going into production in anything like useful numbers.
              Was that the one with the bitchin' AM/FM cassette player?
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post

I rather liked the Iranian drone thread. Remember the drone with the shopping trolley wheels and the crock pot hanging underneath?

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                  I think so. It was jet black and all the other instruments in the cockpit appeared to be stick on decals, but I suppose the cassette player could have worked.
                  Last edited by Monash; 24 Aug 18,, 09:22.
                  If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                    I think so. All the other instruments in the cockpit appeared to be stick on decals but the cassette player may have worked.
                    Last edited by Monash; 24 Aug 18,, 09:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
                      I rather liked the Iranian drone thread. Remember the drone with the shopping trolley wheels and the crock pot hanging underneath?
                      That drone was obviously purpose built to deliver hot food to troops on the front line - a very important task.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
                        That drone was obviously purpose built to deliver hot food to troops on the front line - a very important task.

Comment

I think it is great that the Iranian aircraft industry has burst forth into the 1960s. I'm looking forward to some epic swing wing designs.
                          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                            I think it is great that the Iranian aircraft industry has burst forth into the 1960s. I'm looking forward to some epic swing wing designs.
                            I wonder if Iranian fashion will follow suit. Can't wait to see Iranian politicians of all ilks showing off their flared trousers, wide paisley ties and and headbands. Cool man!

Comment

I came across an interesting and different take on Iran's new "fighter", I suppose in the end you make do with the money you have and Iran seems to be quite good at doing just that.

But according to Justin Bronk, an aerial-combat expert at the Royal United Services Institute, the real Kowsar project isn’t the F-5 Tiger reboot, but a new system of avionics simply parked in the F-5 as a placeholder.

Iran failed to produce the real Kowsar project by the date of the announcement, so it instead jammed the new avionics and software into an F-5, the defence analyst Babak Taghvaee tweeted.

Bronk said the real Kowsar wasn’t a fighter at all, but a jet trainer and a light attack plane that could save Iran’s air force.
                              https://www.businessinsider.com.au/i...18-8?r=US&IR=T

Comment

Working...
                              X