Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 7.47.23 AM.png
Views:	239
Size:	334.4 KB
ID:	1570683

Former Pak diplomat admits 300 casualties in Balakot airstrike by India

Lo and behold!
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      Christine Fair has her agenda against Pakistan, and is certainly not a friend of India. Action item for you: find out why I said that.
      She's a hard core lib with all that entails. Way she'd rant about Trump made you think the US was under enemy occupation, lol.

She can't stand the BJP. And getting a bit temperamental in her menopause. Apparently we can't call her Chris any more unless we have lunch with her otherwise she wants to be addressed as Dr. Fair.

She's also a bloody feminist so watch out for that. This Dr. thing she she brought up because she thinks as a woman she isn't getting respect. WTF !

Other than that i don't understand why you say she is not a friend of India.

What have we done to her ? whatever it is cannot compare to how she got treated by the other side.

American Jewish atheist girl that went to Ball state Indiana, that fluently speaks, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu and a bit of Dari

She did her PhD at Chicago Uni in Punjabi literature. I have no idea how that happened. She mentioned the issues she had at Chicago Uni. Sexual harassment etc. She was quite candid about it in one of her talks.

She has invested far too much time in this part of the world to just walk away.

Disagree with her all you want and there are instances where that happens.

Not heard much from her of late.
      Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Jan 21,, 10:49.

Comment

• ^ She has the typical attitude of - my way or the highway. If Rahul Gandhi one day becomes the PM (almost impossible), somewhere a riot starts, and scores of Hindus and Muslims kill each other, she'd still blame the Hindus/Modi/BJP and praise Rahul. I have observed her for far too long. She hates anything -right. One cannot even start an argument with her that involves anything that is not contrary to her view. She doesn't even listen to what the other side wants to say. She is knowledgeable, but not inclusive. To be a friend to India, one has to be inclusive, because India accommodates all, listen to all sides and then make an educated opinion. She is not capable of doing that. An enemy of Pakistan is not a friend of India.

She isn't very pretty, and as you mentioned and I cross-checked she is 52-53, so she has hit menopause. I don't think she has had a very passionate life (in the left realm maybe), hence she is very cranky. Her admirers are diminishing day by day. She admires Robin Raphael, and is going in that direction. A lot of headache for India if that were the case.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

I have observed her for far too long. She hates anything -right.
          So don't refer to her when it comes to the right because you know she can't help.

She was supportive about Balakote, sympathetic about those sham congress hearings that went on about 370.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          One cannot even start an argument with her that involves anything that is not contrary to her view. She doesn't even listen to what the other side wants to say. She is knowledgeable, but not inclusive. To be a friend to India, one has to be inclusive, because India accommodates all, listen to all sides and then make an educated opinion. She is not capable of doing that. An enemy of Pakistan is not a friend of India.
          Yeah she can be abrupt. Typical expert. I've had doctors treat me like this.

Ultimatums. Either you listen to me or them !! Will never comment on the advice of another. Must be a professional thing.

She isn't very pretty, and as you mentioned and I cross-checked she is 52-53, so she has hit menopause. I don't think she has had a very passionate life (in the left realm maybe), hence she is very cranky. Her admirers are diminishing day by day.
          She's had her share of Punjabis and from the looks of it those are the only types that turn her on. Does not matter which side of the border they're from

This side of her life has been just fine from what i can tell. Academics like people who work in hospitals are never short of company.

Her younger life, growing up, not being able to afford school. She still got her PhD. in Punjabi literature of all things.

Losing her mother to cancer in her early twenties. Single parent home i think she came from.

That was harder. She's done well to be where she is given the background she came from.

She admires Robin Raphael, and is going in that direction. A lot of headache for India if that were the case.
          What gave you that impression ? anything she said recently.

Robin Raphael under Clinton, yeah i can see the ideological attraction. This was also during her honeymoon phase with Pakistan. Does she remember those days fondly. Yeah

Things have changed since. Post 2000, India was becoming more important for the US and that's continued to date.

Pakistan's perfidy with the US is something she won't forget. Total betrayal.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 14 Jan 21,, 00:56.

Comment

• There's many Dada's in the RR.

RIP

Comment

• 1 from among thousands. Love from PA/ISI.

Comment

• Nothing will happen. These people don't form a vote-bank. Same shit everywhere.

Comment

• Pakistan, India agree on strict observance of all agreements, ceasefire along LoC: ISPR

So, no pushing Pakistani terrorists on Indian soil from here-on? What did Moeed Yusuf pull off here?
                  Last edited by Oracle; 25 Feb 21,, 17:05.

Comment

• Gelatin sticks found outside the residence of the 14th richest person in the world!!! Who could have done that? Yeah, the fascist Modi government.
                    Last edited by Oracle; 25 Feb 21,, 17:07.

Comment

• Govt open to improvement in ties with Pakistan but no change in position on key issues

Comment

This is the prequel for the PA wanting peace with India. They keep PoK, we keep what we have, and peace prevails in the sub-continent. Playbook of Israel vs middle eastern powers finding peace at last.

Then again, IK was in Colombo and talked shit. Maybe he didn't get the memo. One thing to note is, there are no 2 power centres in Pakistan. So I doubt the Pakistani offer for guns to stop blazing on the LoC & the IB. PA has always backstabbed India and given us horrendous terrorist attacks. Maybe a big one is overdue. And if such is the case, which I hope I'm wrong, Pakistan would lose, and lose big.

The general says to view this ceasefire as tactical and temporary. It will open up a window of opportunity for us.

To do what ?

Three things

- close the infrastructure gap with China at the border
                        - sort out Kashmir. He even goes as far as saying restore statehood to J&K
                        - political parties in the country have to be on the same page when it comes to external affairs or matters of national security.

Gen Dhruv Katoch has been more forceful on that last point where in matters of national security there can be no two opinions in any party !!

Gen P Ravi Shankar views Pakistan becoming China's Afghanistan. Interesting view.

Always wish Pakistan on China and China on Pakistan. AIM's view.

His view on retaking PO J&K are its 90% political and the remainder military. Most commentators forget that.
                        Last edited by Double Edge; 10 Mar 21,, 16:11.

Comment

• Ceasefire on Line of Control – An Analysis by Kanwal Sibal | Chanakya Forum | Mar 10 2021

The argument of peace lobbies in India that the latest Pakistani move is by the military, not the civilian government, and India should therefore not miss this chance is misleading.

They forget that India has engaged the Pakistan military when it also held political power directly, that is, when Ayub Khan, Zia Ul Haque and Musharraf were all in all, but peace has not only eluded us, the problem of terrorism became worse in time.

To say that we should at least explore Pakistan’s intentions and nothing is lost if the promise of peace is belied is precisely what Pakistan wants us to do.

The danger of resuming the dialogue with Pakistan is that this dialogue will give an opportunity for third party meddling. India will be blamed more for its breakdown as the issue of Pakistani sponsored terrorism against India is not of primary importance for those who have pushed for this dialogue in the past in the West.

Peace noises from Pakistan today are prompted by
                          - the need to buy time,
                          - release the pressure building on it because of financial difficulties,
                          - the pandemic and
                          - harrying by the FATF.

Pakistan also has an eye on winning some goodwill from the Biden administration for its Afghanistan policy, past relationship with some key Democrats, and testing if changes in Washington may create some creases in India-US ties on issues relating to Kashmir, CAA and minorities that Pakistan can exploit.

The most important reason for a perceived peace move could be the lesson that Pakistan has drawn from the grit, confidence and the means with which India has stood up to China militarily in Ladakh, forcing it to climb down in a direct military confrontation. Pakistan may have concluded that a more confident and emboldened India could hit Pakistan harder for ceasefire violations and therefore a pause on the LoC would be advisable. This would explain the timing of the ceasefire announcement. Doing it earlier would have suited India as that could have been seen as a stab in the back by China while it was locked in a military confrontation. Pakistan had to wait for India-China disengagement to occur to make the agreement public.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 10 Mar 21,, 20:26.

Comment

• Recalling the Bombay stock exchange attacks 28 years ago to the day

1993: The Pakistan Army’s first attack on Bombay | India Today Insight | Mar 12 2021

Exactly 28 years ago, 12 bomb explosions ripped across Bombay, as the city of Mumbai was known then. Blast waves from the explosion travelling at supersonic speeds turned pieces of metal and concrete into deadly missiles that killed 257 Mumbaikars and maimed over 1,400 others. The March 12 Bombay bombings, as they came to be called, shattered five-star hotels, the Bombay stock exchange and the regional passport office. They were among the earliest versions of what the US now calls Complex Coordinated Terrorist Attacks (CCTA).

Until Al Qaeda’s hijack-suicide bombings of September 11, 2001, these were the most devastating serial bomb attacks on any city, carried out using military-grade explosives.
                            How did they get military grade explosives ? Dawood Ibrahim's gang

Who gave it to them ?

The actual masterminds were the Pakistan Army and its military spy agency, the ISI. It was then headed by Lt General Javed Nasir, handpicked by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to the post on March 2, 1992. The general had earlier been director-general, Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) believed to be the source for the RDX. In his spare time, Nasir headed the Tablighi Jamaat, an Islamic missionary outfit, as its Amir. Without the Pakistan army’s direct assistance in transporting the massive shipment of nearly three tonnes of RDX to the Bombay coast and 1,100 detonators, it would have been impossible for the gangsters to carry out the serial bombings.
                            What was Dawood's incentive ? revenge for the riots a year earlier and protection from Pak gangsters as promised by the ISI.

More was in store

Besides drawing up the target list, providing the explosives, finances and training, the ISI helped with a far more ominous Phase 2 of the attacks.

This phase called for gangsters to walk into government buildings like Mantralaya, the Shiv Sena Bhavan and the BMC building and gun down government officials. The Pakistan military had transported 63 Type 56 rifles, 40,000 rounds of ammunition and 450 hand grenades using the D-company’s smuggling network. This phase collapsed when the 20 gangsters who had been trained in weapons handling, panicked and fled the city.
                            The only way for the ISI to get what it wanted was to smuggle the operators over. They could not find any locals willing to die for the cause. That is outside J&K. And it has to be pointed out that not even Kashmiri outfits would agree to operations outside J&K.

- Bombay 12/3 was the first in a series of three sensational attacks on the island city carried out by the Pakistan Army’s ISI
                            - the 2006 train bombings which killed 202 commuters and
                            - the November 26, 2008 terrorist attacks which killed 166 persons were the other two.

All of these military-style attacks on Mumbai had been executed by so-called ‘non-state actors’, which allowed GHQ Rawalpindi to exercise ‘plausible deniability’.
                            Those are the three attributed to the ISI in Bombay alone.

In those days retaliation was not kinetic. Advocating it was wishful thinking

So brazen were the Bombay terror attacks that they would have been an invitation to war, or at the very least, retaliation. Instead, New Delhi groped in the dark. The Narasimha Rao government’s attempts to get Pakistan declared a state sponsor of terrorism, on the basis of the vast stocks of weaponry smuggled into Bombay, fizzled out. The US deemed these weapons as insufficient evidence. There were, they claimed several instances of leakage of arms and ammunition from Pakistan government stocks into the hands of arms smugglers.
                            What stopped the Indian govt from retaliating ? this the article does not say.

The rest is history. It would be over twenty years later or 2016 until we showed we would cross the LoC to retaliate and a further three years more that we would breach the IB.

Dawood was never nabbed and managed to leave India. Seven or eight times we had a chance to either kill or nab him but nothing is done.

What i find frustrating is how attempts to assassinate him were aborted at the last minute as Adi narrates. and TWO of those times is when he is IN Pakistan.

No reason is given. Narasimha said no.

It reminds me of Gen Petraeus reply when asked why the US did not act against Solemani earlier.

No kill order was received (!)

That's exactly what has happened here.

From this it's clear we have the wherewithal to bump off any one in Pakistan but the go ahead is in question.
                            Last edited by Double Edge; 12 Mar 21,, 23:01.

Comment

• Turks have joined the Paks in the grey list now

Why Turkey joins Pakistan on FATF grey list and how it is a big blow for ‘best buddies’ | Firstpost | Oct 25 2021

In putting Turkey on the grey list, FATF has given out eight technical reasons which show that the country will have to make great efforts in both anti-money laundering and CFT areas if it wishes to get off the grey list. These actions include greater oversight of its money transfer industry, investigations of cases and “prioritising TF (terrorist financing) investigations and prosecutions of UN designated groups”. This is a strong indictment of a country that has the 17th largest economy in the world and is a G20 member.

No wonder Turkey responded harshly to the FATF decision. Its finance ministry called the FATF action as “unwarranted”. Suleyman Soylu, the country’s interior minister, went further. He said, “We are a country where terrorism inflicts the most costs. The one, who finances and empowers terrorism, is Europe. There can be such brazenness. It can be made contrary to the facts.” Significantly, Erdogan has ordered ten Western countries’ Ambassadors be declared persona non grata on a matter unconnected with the FATF, but it is likely that its greylisting has contributed to his rage leading to this action.
                              https://www.fatf-gafi.org/publicatio...ober-2021.html
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 28 Nov 21,, 16:21.

Comment

Working...
                              X