For Pakistan, terrorism is a state-sponsored business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China and Pakistan gave support to Mizo insurgency

AIZAWL, Dec 9 - Once a dreaded militant and now a leading politician in North East, Zoramthanga has completed writing his autobiography, which, he terms, will be a very controversial book and is likely to be objected to by both Pakistan and Chinese Governments because of detailed accounts of their “support” to the insurgency in Mizoram.

The two-volume book, to be called ‘Milari’ in Mizo language, is currently being translated into English and the Mizo National Front (MNF) president Zoramthanga plans to make it into a Hollywood movie in future with the potential of being at par with the flicks on the life of legendary revolutionary Che Guevara.

In an exclusive interview to PTI, the two-time Chief Minister of Mizoram expressed confidence of his party forming the next government in the State and said he will release the Mizo version of the book post the election results on December 11. “I have written my autobiography in two volumes. It will be really, let us say, a very controversial book. (It) may be objected by Pakistan Government and the Chinese also,” Zoramthanga said.

The book will have detailed descriptions of his 20 years of underground days, which will include how Dhaka had failed with the capture of Lt Gen AAK Niazi’s one lakh troops by Indian forces, he added. Zoramthanga informed that MNF cadres were mixed with commandos of East Pakistan and were captured by Lt Gen JS Arora, but later all escaped and went into the jungle again.

The autobiography will talk about “how we made a dead devil James Bond type escape to East Pakistan through Rangoon and through the Arakan forest marching for days and days, how we met Bhutto and how we started peace talk with the Government of India in foreign countries”, he added.

Zoramthanga said it will also mention about how he and MNF insurgents had gone to China and “met Premier Zhou Enlai, Mao Zedong, Lin Biao and Chiang Ching” along with other Chinese leaders. “...And how we here got a help from the Chinese Government in the form of arms, etc. This has to be recorded. Some of the publishers dare not publish these things. But anyhow, I have written these in Mizo language and it is now being translated (into English),” the MNF president said.

‘MILARI’ is the name of Zoramthanga’s daughter. It is also a collection of initials of different words. “MI stands for Mizoram, LA stands for Lalpa that means Lord and R stands for arrangements – Remruatna arrangement. The last one ‘I’ took it for myself. That is, Mizoram – the lord’s arrangements and myself. And the book is going to be called MILARI,” he added.

When the Mizo Freedom Movement started in 1966, Zoramthanga joined the underground agitation and moved to the jungle. MNF’s secessionist movement came to an end in 1986, when it signed the Mizo Peace Accord with the Government of India and created a separate State for the Mizos, called Mizoram. When the MNF formed the government in 1987 under the leadership of Laldenga, Zoramthanga looked after Finance and Education departments. In 1990, when Laldenga died, he became the president of the MNF. In the Assembly elections of 1998, he led his party to victory and became the Chief Minister of Mizoram and was re-elected in 2003 for the second consecutive term. – PTI
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	On way to Khonoma village.png
Views:	1
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	1477757
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Leaked video shows Pakistan minister vowing to 'protect' Hafiz Saeed and his party

3 terrorists, 1 soldier, 7 civilians killed in encounter in J&K's Pulwama

'Punjab police has busted 16 terror modules in 6 months'

Ending terrorism pre-condition for dialogue with Pakistan: Rajnath Singh

Comment

• War with Pakistan is the only solution

Resigned to 1000 Cuts?

Accession of J&K: Breaking Many Myths

Comment

• Hafiz Saeed pens column in Pakistani newspaper as 'contributing writer'

:claps:

A new achievement for jihadistan. Pakistanis in Pakistan & abroad, the good citizens, must be so proud. The jihadis, well....

Jihad King has a column now in a mainstream newsprint, yay! Keep up the good work Paks, for when your country goes down, no one will care to even notice.
              Last edited by Oracle; 18 Dec 18,, 17:27.

Comment

• Perhaps a sad story of the Indian sub-continent after partition has been that no war has been fought to completion, else the outcome may have been a perfect resolution. The Kashmir war stalled because of British interference, and because the war was cut short by international threats, such that India decided for a cease-fire to allow a decision/resolution to be made by the UN.

The 1965 war was clearly stopped after both parties pleaded to Britain and USA to help stop the war. That war was most certainly a draw, but had the war continued, some binding results would have shaped out. For instance, India had captured the Haji Pir pass, and that put Azad Kashmir at risk.

The 1971 war on the Western front was clearly held back by pressure from Nixon and Kissinger – a team other than which has never been worse for India. Nixon threatened to bring intervention to India’s doorstep and re-liberate Bangladesh if India would not return 93,000 prisoners and promise not to carry the war into West Pakistan. So intense was the US pressure that even the Soviet Union balked, even though everyone knew that the USA was up to its eye-balls in Vietnam and could not afford another military adventure in India. Everyone, except the ruling powers of India, who were much too beholden to the USSR.[iii]

The 1999 Kargil war never saw full completion because the USA (read Bill Clinton[iv])held back India’s hand to not cross the LOC, and bought Pakistan’s bluff of launching a nuclear war. In fact, Clinton was scared of a nuclear war when no one in India was.

Thus, war has never been able to run its full course on the Indian sub-continent. Next time, the stops must be pulled out.
                Interesting point the bolded bit. Why didn't we try to retake POK, the Americans wouldn't let us. His source is a recent book that explores the cables sent by US consul Archer Blood from Dhaka.

It is time for our Pakistani brethren to come home to India – to trash the concept of religious intolerance – to be reunited with India for a strong South Asia that can make the world tremble – and which can give that bloody nose to a Chinese communist party that knows nothing about religious values or the freedom of the soul.
                Heh, i wonder how many Indians would be behind that ? Does this country really want 370 million more muslims ? see how much heart burn is caused by just 20 million illegal Banglas.

So it follows that any deeper action into Pakistan necessarily means we also have an open door policy with the people there.

The wars of the future – such as the liberation of Tibet and Sinkiang – start with the neutralization of Pakistan and the nullification of the terror groups operating from Pakistan.
                This is a curious idea. Restore the outer buffer as the Brits had it.

It's true present day China occupies four formerly independent countries Manchuria, Inner Mongolia, Tibet & East Turkestan.
                Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Dec 18,, 00:36.

Comment

• Thus, war has never been able to run its full course on the Indian sub-continent. Next time, the stops must be pulled out.
                  That is the obvious flaw, if the author acknowledges that no war has been allowed to reach its conclusion its because of the inescapable intervening by stronger powers to de-escalate.

Why then and how can he assume there will not be any future intervention if such a crisis should break out. He cannot as there is no pulling the stops option.

Provocative talk by Moeed on the subject which he readily admits that people in the US, India & Pakistan disagree with

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post

Comment

• Another from the general

Go to 17:10 as to what we can do. Two options

- offensive hybrid warfare
                      - active defense

He rules out the former because it would lead to expansionism which isn't in our DNA and here is the interesting bit. India isn't in the business of promoting instability in neighbouring countries. So this is why we've never considered Pakistan a strategic threat the way they treat us and are likely never to do so.

Instead the general promotes the second option

Therefore we are going to continue to manage Pakistan as we've done so for ages now.

Comment

• There is a tendency to give our side a pass, wallow in victimhood and put the entire blame on the Paks. Listen to Hooda and the rest. Candid. We don't have a plan. It's ad-hoc. Well, it seems that way. If there is a strategy the govt is holding its cards very close so as to not tip off the adversary

You were wondering what the difference between counter terrorism & insurgency was. He explains it. People use the terms interchangebly. Well, if you can't decide what it is then how are you going to fashion a plan to deal with it ?

I found the entire series of videos for the seminar interesting.
                        Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Jan 19,, 22:15.

Comment

• This is awesome for a counter narrative

Can cartoons save Pakistan's children from jihad? | Stars & Stripes | Aug 22 2016

Can't do anything about teens but maybe those younger ?

"Children! Are you looking for adventure?

Do you want your life to be full of action?" the recruiter asks, as a jihadi carries out feats of daring.

"Do you want the power to strike down your enemies? ... Sign up now and become a hero like Rambo Scambo, and just like him, you too can have your name up on the great Wall of Heroes!"

The children are lured into a plot to attack their own village.

In the end, of course, Burka Avenger swoops in and saves them.
                          Gauher Aftab knows firsthand the dangers of extremist ideology. He was radicalized at age 12. Only a fluke stopped him from joining the jihad in Kashmir.

His Islamic studies teacher fought as a mujahideen in the Afghan war against the Soviets, and "he didn't teach Islam -- he just stood in class giving jihadi lectures." The young Aftab was fascinated. "'Why can't I just take this little shortcut?'" he recalls asking himself. "'Why do I need to study, get a job, and do all these things that are difficult? Why should I do that when I can just jump right to the end, give up my life in some sort of glorious battle, and get eternal salvation?' It was the epitome of everything I wanted."

As is often the case, his teacher didn't overtly try to recruit Aftab at first, "but he inspired me toward violence." After a year, the young boy told his teacher he wanted to join the jihad. Arrangements were made for him to board a bus to Kashmir, where he would become part of a militant group. But fate intervened. His grandmother fell ill on the day of his departure. "My parents just randomly showed up. I was in the car before I knew what happened," he says. Aftab spent the summer reading the Quran and the hadith, the sayings and actions of the Prophet Mohammed. "None of it gave me any radical inclination; violence was not in it at all." He had dodged a bullet. Twenty years later, he is trying to help other young Pakistanis do the same.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 16 Jan 19,, 14:34.

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Yes, attacks by PA's proxies are limited to Kashmir, and only on security forces. Delhi: Republic Day terror plot foiled, 2 held

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	4
Size:	572.2 KB
ID:	1477825
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	1
Size:	444.5 KB
ID:	1477826

And India, as usual, keeps on extending a hand of friendship to the terrorists. Breakthrough? India lets Pakistan team inspect Chenab projects

Comment

• Talking to Pakistan

Comment

Working...
                                X