Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    Why did Vajpayee's bus diplomacy fail?

The idea of bus diplomacy came from Inpad, a Pune based think-tank.
    There is one key sentence in this article

In our letter to the PM, Inpad added that even if the Indian unilateral initiative does not succeed, we will still get a positive international image.
    Vajpayee had to keep this up and after Lahore failed he attempted a second time with Agra

People say see how Vajpayee tried, well the main reason he tried was to assuage the world that India was not interested in war in the backdrop of the nuclear tests. This i also hold more important than whether it would succeed with Pakistan or not.

Today there is less of a need to emulate Vajpayee. Opposition doesn't believe that though.

Now, should we re-test for whatever reason in the future then we will need to repeat what Vajpayee did.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 01 Sep 18,, 22:08.

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• ^^Nice video but why the big fat disclaimer.

Video is posted purely for entertainment purposes ?!?

..cannot warrant the accuracy or completness of the information shared in this video...

I see no good reasons to doubt the stories here

Comment

Thank you that was very informative, I had no idea these kidnappings were going on

Comment

• Originally posted by Aquila View Post
            Thank you that was very informative, I had no idea these kidnappings were going on
            You knew about this - Australian politician pledges support for Kashmiris’ right to self-determination?

Doesn't matter though.
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
              ^^Nice video but why the big fat disclaimer.

Video is posted purely for entertainment purposes ?!?

..cannot warrant the accuracy or completness of the information shared in this video...

I see no good reasons to doubt the stories here
              101 India is a good Youtube channel. It takes time and connection to track down these ex-militants. Independent verification is impossible as they then have to go to Pakistan. The life of these ex-militants are also at risk, being on camera (face covered, open voice). The disclaimer is a distraction.
              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Yes my bad... I am All

Comment

• Originally posted by Aquila View Post
                  Yes my bad... I am All

No worries.
                  Last edited by Oracle; 04 Sep 18,, 15:11.

Comment

• J&K: MBA graduate joins Hizbul Mujahideen; Army ready to help if he shuns violence

3 months.

Comment

• Pakistan's military has quietly reached out to India for talks

If the PA really wants peace why is it sending terrorists across the border? PA is doing the same in Afghanistan. I might be wrong, but I think this is a ploy to get the IMF loan and also to get off the FATF blacklist.

Comment

Pakistan's military has quietly reached out to India for talks

If the PA really wants peace why is it sending terrorists across the border? PA is doing the same in Afghanistan. I might be wrong, but I think this is a ploy to get the IMF loan and also to get off the FATF blacklist.
                        It will take a lot more to get an IMF loan and off the FATF list.

Comment

It will take a lot more to get an IMF loan and off the FATF list.
                          Baby steps?

I don't believe the PA wants peace, as terrorists are infiltrating in Kashmir as we speak. Terrorism is in the DNA of the PA.

Comment

Baby steps?
                            All i can say is it's in keeping with the new PM's outreach to India. So domestic considerations only.

They show to their people see we tried to make peace but they rejected it so as expected India are the troublemakers.

Comment

All i can say is it's in keeping with the new PM's outreach to India. So domestic considerations only.

They show to their people see we tried to make peace but they rejected it so as expected India are the troublemakers.
                              It's guided by the PA. Always has been the case.

Comment

• Pakistan could emerge as world's 5th largest nuclear weapons state: Report

Hahahahaha...
                                More headache for the US administration. India: See, we told you before....

The Colonel debunked some report/analysis by Hans M Kristensen, isn't it? Can't remember. DE, you're on.

Comment

Working...
                                X