Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India asks China to act against ULFA leader

J&K: Army jawan injured in stone-pelting dies
    Last edited by Oracle; 26 Oct 18,, 15:42.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Pakistan wants to keep its pot boiling by terrorising Kashmir: Army chief Bipin Rawat
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Kashmir dilemma

Have these ex-Pak Ambassadors & a Georgetown faculty not read the UN Charter on Kashmir? Oh! no, their education started from the Saudi funded madrassas of Pakistan. This breed of a modern, secular Pakistani without an ostrich syndrome is getting rarer by the day. Good, keep on peddling the Kashmiri narrative from the lens of PA's Jihadi notebook. This is what we Indians want. We don't have to do a thing. Pakistanis are competently dubious and deceitful radicals to take their terrorist country down. More power to you guys. Allah-hoo-Akbara.

Comment

• A brief about Kashmir joining an Independent India!

We have lost Kashmir,” was all that Maharaja Hari Singh could gather strength to say on reaching Jammu on October 26, 1947, after slowly and silently driving his car throughout that dreadful night amid rumours that raiders were swarming in from across the border and the convoy was likely to be ambushed.

Earlier, the maharaja had been rudely shaken in the morning of October 22, when his forces in Muzaffarabad were overrun and slaughtered by rampaging tribal hordes from the North-West Frontier Province (NWFP – now Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) and Federally Administered Tribal Areas of Pakistan who were marching ahead to capture Srinagar. His dream to keep his kingdom – bought by his forefathers from Britishers in 1846 for `(Nanakshahee) 75 lakh – lay shattered.

Apprehending that raiders would soon be knocking at the doors of Srinagar, a dejected and demoralised maharaja finally requested the Government of India to send forces. In the meeting of the defence committee on October 26, it was decided to accept the accession offer, airlift the troops and advise the maharaja to set up an emergency administration under Sheikh Abdullah. At the crack of dawn on October 27, the first battalion of Sikh Regiment led by Lt Col Dewan Ranjit Rai emplaned at Safdarjung airport with instructions to hover over Srinagar airport and land only if it was free of raiders. The first flight landed at 0930 hours, with others following at periodic intervals, and by noon the airport was secured.

Based on sketchy intelligence given by National Conference volunteers and using civilian vehicles provided by the emergency administration, Lt Col Ranjit Rai dashed to Baramulla, where the raiders were indulging in killings, rapes and plunder. The raiders were surprised to see Sikh troops and a gun battle ensued. Lt Col Rai had underestimated the strength of the raiders. He lost his life, but succeeded in halting forward march of the raiders. By the end of the day, Srinagar was secured and the raiders were in retreat.

Jinnah’s Plan Foiled
          The same day in Lahore, furious at airlifting of Indian troops, Mohammad Ali Jinnah, Governor General of Pakistan, ordered his acting army chief, General Sir Douglas Gracey, to send Pakistan Army on Rawalpindi-Srinagar road to capture Srinagar and through it Banihal pass. He had thought of celebrating Eid on October 26 in Srinagar. Field Marshall Auchinleck, supreme commander of both armies, rushed to Lahore from Delhi the next day and persuaded Jinnah to withdraw the order, warning that it would lead to withdrawal of British officers on whom Pakistan Army was heavily dependent.

Jinnah could never develop a relationship with Sheikh Abdullah, as he wanted to be the sole spokesman of Muslims. He always believed that “Kashmir is a ripe fruit which will fall into my lap”, keeping in mind religious affinity, geographical location and economic connectivity. He was upstaged by Nehru, who developed a close bonding with Sheikh Abdullah and other leaders of National Conference over the years, when the latter launched a struggle against the despotic rule of the maharaja. Nehru was very passionate about Kashmir and knew that Sheikh Abdullah was the key to unlocking it for India. Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel played a supportive role as Nehru made his moves.

The maharaja’s hopes to retain his kingdom were dashed when Lord Mountbatten, during his visit to J&K from June 18-23, 1947, advised him to refrain from declaration of independence, ascertain the wishes of the people and announce their intention before August 15. An evasive maharaja did not meet Mountbatten on the last day of the visit pretending he was suffering from colic pain. This was followed by Mahatma Gandhi’s visit to Srinagar in the first week of August 1947 despite the maharaja expressing strong reservations. Wherever Gandhi went, people asked for the release of Sheikh Abdullah and removal of Ram Chander Kak as Prime Minister.

Patel Engaged Maharaja
          Separately, Sardar Patel was in constant touch with the maharaja and successive PMs of J&K to ensure that the decision remained in India’s favour. As early as on July 3, he wrote to the maharaja that the interests of Kashmir lay in joining the Indian Union. He tried to allay the apprehensions of the maharaja about Congress, particularly because of Nehru’s relationship with Abdullah. On the offer of a ‘Standstill Agreement’ by the maharaja on August 12, Patel requested him to send a representative for a fuller discussion, which did not happen. On the other hand, Pakistan immediately accepted it.

Valour of Indian Forces
          Meanwhi le, in Pakistan, on September 12 at 6 pm, a meeting was held in Lahore, by PM Liaquat Ali Khan to discuss the plan for armed intervention in Kashmir using demobilised Indian National Army personnel, willing serving army personnel and tribesmen. Khursheed Anwar, who was heading the private militia of Muslim League, called Muslim League National Guard, was made incharge of operations of the crucial area above Rawalpindi. The original plan for September had to be postponed, as Anwar left for his honeymoon. Anwar roped in Abdul Qayyum Khan, chief minister of NWFP, for mobilising lashkars to invade Kashmir.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kash.png
Views:	2
Size:	386.3 KB
ID:	1477554

It was a self-financing operation, as no remuneration was to be paid, but tribals were free to plunder non-Muslims and retain the loot. An operation launched after snubbing Sheikh Abdullah and without taking into consideration support of Kashmiris was bound to fail. The swift Indian response also amazed Pakistan’s political and military leadership.

After entering Kashmir, the tribesmen were busier in killings, plunder and abducting women than moving forward to capture Srinagar airport. Fights broke out among the lashkars even over the sharing of the booty. Finally, a determined unsuccessful attack was made to capture Srinagar airport on the night of October 30-31. Thereafter, it is a story of valour of Indian Army, Air Force and people of J&K, who snatched Kashmir from the jaws of Pakistan.

(The author is ex-IB official who served in J&K and Pakistan)
          Last edited by Oracle; 31 Oct 18,, 13:13.

Comment

• India lodges strong protests with Pakistan, China over PoK bus service

Comment

• US urges Pakistan to enact law banning radical groups

WASHINGTON: Hours before members of religious organisations spread across country to protest a Supreme Court decision to free Aasia Bibi, the United States urged Pakistan to immediately enact legislation that formally proscribes radical religious groups.

The US suggestion followed a decision announced last week for ending a ban on two radical religious organisations, Jamaatud Dawa (JuD) and Falah-i-Insaniyat Foundation (FIF).

The United States has designated both as terrorist groups.

The Pakistani media reported that the two outfits temporarily came off the list of banned outfits in Pakistan because the ordinance that proscribed them under a UN resolution had lapsed.

The new Pakistani government is working on a proposal to extend the ban.

The development underscores the importance of Pakistan “urgently enacting legislation that formally proscribes” both JuD and FIF, a spokesperson for the US State Department told reporters in Washington.

“The expiration of the ban on JuD and FIF runs counter to Pakistan’s commitment to work with the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) to address weaknesses in its counter-terrorism financing regime,” said the US official.

“As we have said before, the United States is deeply concerned that this development will jeopardise Pakistan’s ability to meet its commitments under UN Security Council Resolution 1267 to freeze and prevent the raising and moving of funds belonging to or associated with UN-designated terrorist groups,” the spokesperson said.

In February 2018, former president Mamnoon Hussain signed an amendment to the antiterrorism law that allowed the state to ban charities linked to Hafiz Saeed, like Jamaatud Dawa and Falah-i-Insaniyat Foundation.

The Constitution, however, requires a presidential amendment to be ratified or renewed by the parliament within four months of its issuance.

Recently, Hafiz Saeed filed a petition, arguing that the amendment to Pakistan’s antiterrorism law had become unconstitutional as the parliament failed to ratify it.

Hafiz Saeed initially headed Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), formed in the 1980s, which was designated a terrorist outfit by the US, the United Nations, Britain, Russia and the European Union. In 2012, the United States announced a $10 million bounty for Hafiz Saeed’s arrest. Pakistan has also banned the group.

But US officials say that Hafiz Saeed has evaded the ban on LeT by creating multiple other organisations, including JuD and FIF, that work as LeT’s fronts.

Jamaatud Dawa and Falah-i-Insaniyat Foundation manage a large charity network with the help of thousands of volunteers.
              Ban or no-ban, islamic zealots and terrorists run amok in Pakistan. We have seen enough of this show and know Pakistan's deceitful nature.

Comment

• 5 Bengalis gunned down in Assam, Ulfa(I) hand seen

Making their presence felt. Hello China!

Comment

• Surgical strike — the Indian fiction

Ouch! Hurts right? Damn terrorists.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 02.14.59.png
Size:	324.1 KB
ID:	1477597

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 02.14.39.png
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	1477598

Comment

• Around 160 terrorists waiting at launch pads to infiltrate: Lt Gen Singh

I still don't understand why IAF is not used to destroy these targets in a pre-emptive strike.

Where Debt Ridden, Radicalized, Chaotic Pakistan leading to?

'Black Day' observed in PoK to mark Kashmir's invasion by Pakistan

Name:	black day.png
Size:	365.5 KB
ID:	1477605
                      Last edited by Oracle; 13 Nov 18,, 03:51.

Comment

• 'Saeed could become PM as jihadis deepen hold in Pak'

A lot of Saeed's, Syed's are already the PM, Chief Justice, COAS of Pak. What did I miss?

Pakistan poses three times more terror risk than Syria: Report

Nothing new.

India attacks Pak army admin HQ near Poonch
                        Ouch!

Sniper Rifles with J&K Terrorists
                        Last edited by Oracle; 13 Nov 18,, 05:29.

Comment

• Shahid Afridi Thinks Pakistan Doesn't Need Kashmir, Says It Can't Handle Even Its 4 Provinces

Afridi is now Wajib-ul-Qatl. Let's pray in silence for 2 mins.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Pak+terror.png
Size:	355.3 KB
ID:	1477608

‘Mainstreaming’ of terrorists by Pak a threat, PM tells US VP
                            Last edited by Oracle; 15 Nov 18,, 03:03.

Comment

• Afridi saved himself from being Wajib-ul-Qatl

My comments are being misconstrued by Indian media! I'm passionate about my country and greatly value the struggles of Kashmiris. Humanity must prevail and they should get their rights.

My clip is incomplete & out of context as what I said before that is missing. Kashmir is unresolved dispute & under brutal Indian occupation. It must be resolved as per UN resolution. Myself along with every Pakistani support Kashmiri freedom struggle. Kashmir belongs to Pakistan,
                              Now this is an ISPR script. Good job boy.

Controversial remarks on Pakistan, Occupied Kashmir land Shahid Afridi in hot water
                              Last edited by Oracle; 15 Nov 18,, 03:40.

Comment

• LoC as permanent border will not resolve Kashmir issue: AJK president

For a man, who sent a planeload of centrifuges to North Korea, and wanted to sell nukes to the Taliban, who'd believe him when he says he was very close to the Kashmir solution with Vajpayee, making LoC as the permanent border. Living on aid, and they want Kashmir. Right.

Comment

Working...
                                X