For Pakistan, terrorism is a state-sponsored business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lashkar militant killed in Anantnag

Wanted Kashmir for 70 years. Resorted to terrorism since 1947. Lived on alms for 70 years.

Second economist resigns from Pakistan's advisory council over Ahmadi colleague's removal

These people who converted from Hindus back in the day, think they're doing a great deal for Islam. Sucking an already failed country into a religious sinkhole. Good. You guys wanted that, you got that.

More embarrassment for govt as second economist resigns from EAC over Atif Mian's exclusion

Maulana Fazl castigates govt over Atif Mian nomination fiasco, says "How can we expect a state modeled on Madina from a party which is rooted in Western civilisation! It’s contemptuous on their part to talk about the state of Madina," & "It’s not just the MMA, all the parties are saying that the elections were massively rigged," & "An Ahmadi who works for the West was given charge to bring about economic reform" & "If you want to build a Pakistan for Ahmadis, it would happen over our dead bodies" & "The Ahmadis have no space as long as Ulema are in the assemblies," & "We know why this Economic Advisory Council has been set up. We oppose this council which wants to influence our economy with Jewish ways," & "This is not the Pakistan that the Quaid-e-Azam had envisioned. This is revolt against his vision" & "The Madrassahs are being accused of producing terrorists, while Ulema are being arrested for collecting animal hides, if this [trend] persists, the government’s days will be numbered."
    Last edited by Oracle; 08 Sep 18,, 21:30.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• India's NSG entry and LeT hog the limelight at 2+2 dialouge

Strange, it mentions LeT, also D-Company. I thought US gave some space to the PA inorder to act against the Haqqanis, by not mentioning (LeT) in some document (?), posted by someone (me?).
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• UP ATS arrests 'Hizbul Mujahideen' terrorist in Kanpur

Three JeM terrorists killed, 12 security personnel injured in encounter in J&K's Reasi district

Comment

• Pakistan's SC allows Mumbai attack mastermind's JuD and FIF to continue their activities

Comment

• FO refutes allegations levelled in Indo-US joint statement, calls it violation of 'diplomatic norms'

Diplomatic norms? Creating, nurturing, training, arming, planning and carrying out terrorist attacks in India and Afghanistan comes from Pakistan with the active participation of the Pakistan Army and its murderous intelligence wing the ISI. Damn stupid these people are.

Comment

• Killing Saarc

It has become moribund thanks largely to India’s wilful obstruction, as part of its policy of confrontation towards Pakistan, in refusing to have the next Saarc summit held in Pakistan.
              He writes for the Pak audience, but is an Indian-Muslim. Why is he not addressing the Pakistan Army (considering he has a column in DAWN) about their terrorist activities? No wonder, I haven't read anything positive from him.

Turkey pledges to support Pakistan on Kashmir at UN

Meanwhile,
              Click image for larger version

Name:	terrorism.png
Views:	2
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	1477319
              Last edited by Oracle; 15 Sep 18,, 06:50.

Comment

• Note the deafening silence about the plight of Uighurs in China. Or are Uighurs no longer considered as muslims ?

Similar hypocrisy with Pals from the Arabs, rake it up when expedient and are silent otherwise

Same when it comes to back stabbing each other. This concept of ummah is a whitewash over existing tribal and or differences

One of the fall outs of this silence is it enables Paks & other muslim countries to go after their minorities in a similar manner

Interested in better understanding the reasons for this silence

The Turks accuse the Americans of doing in Syria the same what Americans accuse the Paks of doing in Afghanistan/India.

Is that a false equivalence ? the Paks have been at the game for decades, the American thing only dates to a couple of years now

Purely tactical and not strategic.

ISIS is a convenient bogey for the paks to use to protect their proxies
                Last edited by Double Edge; 15 Sep 18,, 13:00.

Comment

• 5 militants killed in fighting with Indian troops in held Kashmir
                  Uh-oh!

No money to run country

10s of billions of dollars in aid since Pakistans' formation, but no money to run country. Keep peddling terrorism, narcotics and counterfiet Indian currency. Worked out well for you abduls isn't it?

WASHINGTON: National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval on Friday held "broad-based" talks with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Defence Secretary James Mattis and his American counterpart John Bolton during which they discussed the "future direction" of the strategic Indo-US ties.
                  Last edited by Oracle; 16 Sep 18,, 08:08.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                    Note the deafening silence about the plight of Uighurs in China. Or are Uighurs no longer considered as muslims ?

Similar hypocrisy with Pals from the Arabs, rake it up when expedient and are silent otherwise

Same when it comes to back stabbing each other. This concept of ummah is a whitewash over existing tribal and or differences
                    Islam is a political religion. No umman chumma here, pure local/international politics. Power is key. If ummah was supreme, why did the Pakistan Army butcher 3 million Bengali Muslims in East-Pakistan? The whole idea of terrorism is one person ruling and killing, and eating better and sleeping with whichever women he wants, and drinking the costliest scotch.......and continue peddling arms, narcotics etcetera. Being in a constant state of chaos is what benefits that one person. That one person does it with the help of like-minded individuals, who too get a share of the bounty in the form of wealth and women among major things. I find it silly, that these strategies used in ancient times by marauders as well as Kings and Emperors, and no one, no think-tank has ever thought in this line.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                    One of the fall outs of this silence is it enables Paks & other muslim countries to go after their minorities in a similar manner

Interested in better understanding the reasons for this silence
                    Since Islam started, their history has been very very bloody, leaving aside some time frames. It's one sect over another, has been for centuries. Also from a geo-strategic POV, flooding GB with radical sunni muslims. There is nothing rocket science here. The Pakistan Army has mastered ethnic cleansing of minorities, but what we are witnessing in the present day is consolidation of power of one sect.
                    ‘Pak changing demography of Gilgit-Baltistan’

The Turks accuse the Americans of doing in Syria the same what Americans accuse the Paks of doing in Afghanistan/India.

Is that a false equivalence ? the Paks have been at the game for decades, the American thing only dates to a couple of years now

Purely tactical and not strategic.
                    I don't know if that is a false equivalence, but I know that Erdogan is scared shit of the same thing happening in Turkey, with the US on the opposite side.

I support the American move to destroy an authoritarian regime in Syria, but they haven't been successful. If the US administration wants to finish of terrorism, it has to step back and concentrate on one ideology at a time. Start with exterminating terrorists with radical sunni ideologies worldwide. Shia ideologies can wait for another day. No use distributing, 10% commitment in Syria, another 20% in Pak-Afghan. Look at what happened after the Iraq invasion in 2003, US lost focus. I feel there was a lack of focus right from 2001 in the WoT. They have been played by the Paks, I agree, but this is no excuse for the strongest country in the world. Only weaklings give excuses.

ISIS is a convenient bogey for the paks to use to protect their proxies
                    Yes and is useful to gather unwilling allies (Russia & other CAR) into their game.
                    Last edited by Oracle; 15 Sep 18,, 19:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                      I don't know if that is a false equivalence, but I know that Erdogan is scared shit of the same thing happening in Turkey, with the US on the opposite side.

I support the American move to destroy an authoritarian regime in Syria, but they haven't been successful. If the US administration wants to finish of terrorism, it has to step back and concentrate on one ideology at a time. Start with exterminating terrorists with radical sunni ideologies worldwide. Shia ideologies can wait for another day. No use distributing, 10% commitment in Syria, another 20% in Pak-Afghan. Look at what happened after the Iraq invasion in 2003, US lost focus. I feel there was a lack of focus right from 2001 in the WoT. They have been played by the Paks, I agree, but this is no excuse for the strongest country in the world. Only weaklings give excuses.
                      Remember how his op-ed in the NYT a couple of weeks back stated that Turkey would go with other partners if the US did not accommodate Turkey. Well, in his latest in the WSJ, he has apparently changed his mind and now wants help : D

The World Must Stop Assad | WSJ (Op-ed) | Sept 10 2018

If the Syrian regime attacks Idlib, the result will be a humanitarian and geopolitical disaster.
                      By Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
                      Sept. 10, 2018 5:15 p.m. ET

Across Turkey’s southern border, Bashar Assad’s criminal regime has for seven years targeted Syria’s citizens with arbitrary arrests, systematic torture, summary executions, barrel bombs, and chemical and conventional weapons. As a result of the Syrian civil war, which the United Nations Human Rights Council calls “the worst man-made disaster since World War II,” millions of innocent people have become refugees or been internally displaced.

Turkey has gone to extraordinary lengths to alleviate suffering of the Syrian people, hosting some 3.5 million refugees—more than any other country in the world. At the same time we have become the target of terrorist organizations operating next door: the so-called Islamic State and the PKK. Neither the heavy cost of humanitarian efforts nor security concerns have weakened our resolve.

As Turkey faced those challenges, it made diplomatic efforts to find a political solution. We have brought the Syrian opposition to the negotiating table in Geneva and launched the Astana process alongside Russia and Iran. Consequently, Turkey was able to broker cease-fires, create de-escalation zones, and evacuate civilians from areas under regime attack.

Today we find ourselves at a critical juncture again, as the Assad regime, with the help of its allies, prepares to launch a massive offensive against Idlib, which is home to some three million people and one of the few remaining safe havens for internally displaced Syrians. In an attempt to prevent the assault, my government contributed to the creation of a deconfliction zone and set up 12 observation posts to document and report cease-fire violations.

The Assad regime seeks to legitimize its imminent attack on counterterrorism grounds. Make no mistake: No country appreciates the need to combat terrorism better than Turkey, which has suffered severely from terrorist attacks since the Syrian conflict began exporting insecurity throughout the region. But Bashar Assad’s solution is a false one. Innocent people must not be sacrificed in the name of fighting terrorism. This will only create new hotbeds of terrorism and extremism. The rise of ISIS was an outcome—not the cause—of what was happening in Syria. The international community must contain such violence to stop terrorism from taking root.

In Idlib, we face similar challenges. Certain designated terrorist organizations, including Hayat Tahrir al-Sham, remain active in this area. Yet those fighters account for a fraction of Idlib’s population. In order to eliminate terrorist and extremist elements in Idlib and to bring to justice foreign fighters, a more comprehensive international counterterrorism operation is necessary. Moderate rebels played a key role in Turkey’s fight against terrorists in Northern Syria; their assistance and guidance will be crucial in Idlib as well.

Preventing the assault on Idlib need not set back counterterrorism efforts. Turkey has succeeded in fighting terrorist groups, including ISIS and the PKK, without harming or displacing civilians. In order to restore some level of stability to affected areas, dozens of Turkish servicemen and servicewomen have lost their lives. Turkey’s ability to maintain order in Northern Syria is proof that a responsible approach to counterterrorism can win hearts and minds.

All members of the international community must understand their responsibilities as the assault on Idlib looms. The consequences of inaction are immense. We cannot leave the Syrian people to the mercy of Bashar Assad. The purpose of a regime offensive against Idlib would be indiscriminate attacks to wipe out its opposition—not a genuine or effective campaign against terrorism. A regime assault would also create serious humanitarian and security risks for Turkey, the rest of Europe and beyond.

It is crucial for the U.S., which has concentrated on chemical attacks, to reject its arbitrary hierarchy of death. Conventional weapons are responsible for far more deaths. But the obligation to stop the next bloodshed is not the West’s alone. Our partners in the Astana process, Russia and Iran, are likewise responsible for stopping this humanitarian disaster.

Idlib is the last exit before the toll. If the international community, including Europe and the U.S., fail to take action now, not only innocent Syrians but the entire world stands to pay the price. Turkey has done everything in its power to stop the bloodshed next door. To ensure that we succeed, the rest of the world must set aside narrow self-interest and throw its weight behind a political solution.

Mr. Erdoğan is president of Turkey.

Comment

• Protest breaks out in Lahore against illegal arrest of Gilgit-Baltistan activists

Click image for larger version

Name:	GB.png
Views:	1
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	1477327

And they want Kashmir.

Have no money to run the country, but have nukes. Facing acute shortage of water, power. Terrorism (which they themselves create and support) is eating up their country from the inside, but their army is happy realizing strategic goals by killing their own innocent civilians as well as civilians from neighboring countries. Some priority the Pakistan Army has set since Pakistans' inception.

Comment

• Hizbul Mujahideen trying to create base in Assam

When Shiekh Hasina's government falls, NE would be hot again. We should fence the border areas ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                            Hizbul Mujahideen trying to create base in Assam

When Shiekh Hasina's government falls, NE would be hot again. We should fence the border areas ASAP.
                            It's longer than the border with China

After Kashmir the plan was to push for Assam though i don't think that plan ever got off the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                              It's longer than the border with China

After Kashmir the plan was to push for Assam though i don't think that plan ever got off the ground.
                              ???
                              Last edited by Oracle; 17 Sep 18,, 14:50.

Comment

• Focus on fake notes used in terror funding

Imran Khan propped up by Pakistan army, don't expect a change: VK Singh

Comment

Working...
                                X