For Pakistan, terrorism is a state-sponsored business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How a Pakistani spy used bots to lure 98 targets
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Pakistan thwarts India’s FATF blacklist move but danger still lurks

Malaysia will crack open if Bolton sneezes. What's with the Mahathir government not wanting to extradite a wanted Indian islamic jihadi to India? Countries need to understand that they need to play by their international stature.

Wasn't it Malaysia where 9/11 bombers used to meet to plan out their attacks on US soil?
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Important to build an environment of trust, Modi says in letter to PM Imran

Delaying tactics not to get into the FATF blacklist. I don't trust the Pak establishment (PA & ISI), I don't trust the farcical civilian administration. Who in here trusts them? NOBODY. NOBODY trusts Pakistan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          Pakistan Army is not known to have a soft corner for criticism. Remember we are talking about the same Army that killed 3 million Bengalis (their own citizens) in Bangladesh. Mohammed Taqi was almost kidnapped, before he fled Pakistan. Saleem Shahzad found out links between the Pakistan Army and the Tehrik-e-Taliban, which the PA used to say was on R&AW's payroll. I have written earlier about him. Now, anybody who criticizes the PA is handled according to the stage of the criticism.

#1. Verbal threats on the phone, followed up by men trailing in a car/bike.
          #2. Personal visit by goons employed by the ISI.
          #3. Abduction, torture, and setting free.
          #4. Abduction, torture and murder.

But, since Pakistan has blasphemy laws, it is much easier to blame the scribe to have insulted islam, while sending one of the hired goons to murder him. Incase, the scribe is well known or protected by their community, a mullah and his jihadi followers do the same job, lynching for blasphemy.

If anything is interesting, it is the PTM, and how one by one the Pakistan Army is killing PTMs leaders. I follow news regarding PTM, but don't post it here. Everybody knows about the duplicit nature of Pakistan, but very few debate on a topic when posted, so I seldom post new threads. It gets boring after a while if there are no discussions.
          If its the PA then that blogger must have been talking about something he should not have been saying. Shazad finding out links between the PA & AQ is explosive. The PNS Mehran attack was by an AQ brigade and the sailors who were sympathetic let them into the naval base.

So what has this kid been saying that is equally disturbing ?

Chris said the tension with India worked as a good smoke screen to go after the PTM. Was this blogger talking about that ?

To date i've not seen anyone point to something, anything revealing as this in itself can be useful.

Just saying criticising the army tells me very little......

Comment

• These officials were owned by the equivalent of a script kiddie

A Pakistani spy who went by the Facebook nickname 'Sejal Kapoor' managed to hack into the computer systems of more than 98 officials from various defence forces and organisations, including the Indian Army, Air Force, Navy, paramilitary forces and state police personnel in Rajasthan, MP, Punjab and UP between 2015 and 2018.
            The main part of this story is very brief. How did she lure them in the first place ?
            She "trapped" her targets by showing her videos and pictures with the help of a software malware released from a third-party server hosted in a West Asian country.
            Her videos & pictures ??

Why were these people interested in her in the first place. It's not like you can't get stuff like this elsewhere if it is what i think it is...

Sejal's Facebook account had cropped up following the arrest of BrahMos senior systems missile projects engineer Nishant Agarwal by the UP anti-terrorism squad (ATS) and military intelligence (MI) for passing on classified information about the project to Pakistan spy agency ISI.
            This guy was obviously blackmailed some how
            Last edited by Double Edge; 20 Jun 19,, 18:52.

Comment

Pakistan thwarts India’s FATF blacklist move but danger still lurks

Malaysia will crack open if Bolton sneezes. What's with the Mahathir government not wanting to extradite a wanted Indian islamic jihadi to India? Countries need to understand that they need to play by their international stature.

Wasn't it Malaysia where 9/11 bombers used to meet to plan out their attacks on US soil?
              Islamabad requires at least 15 out of 36 votes to move out of the watchdog’s grey list, which is causing an estimated loss of $10 billion per year.
              That will prove much harder to accomplish

About the US opposition to Pakistan in the FATF, Naqvi, who also served as an acting ambassador to the US, said: “Pakistan cannot do much to persuade the US. The fact is that the US opposition is not based on FATF charter but on political consideration, mainly because of clash of interests in Afghanistan, and Islamabad’s ever-growing relations with China.”
              Americans aren't any help to them at the FATF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                If its the PA then that blogger must have been talking about something he should not have been saying. Shazad finding out links between the PA & AQ is explosive. The PNS Mehran attack was by an AQ brigade and the sailors who were sympathetic let them into the naval base.

So what has this kid been saying that is equally disturbing ?

Chris said the tension with India worked as a good smoke screen to go after the PTM. Was this blogger talking about that ?

To date i've not seen anyone point to something, anything revealing as this in itself can be useful.
                Too early to know what kind of criticism of the PA the kid was doing. Could be the Pushtun movement.

Just saying criticising the army tells me very little......
                Not a single leaf moves in Pakistan without the explicit order from the PA.

Comment

These officials were owned by the equivalent of a script kiddie

The main part of this story is very brief. How did she lure them in the first place ?

Her videos & pictures ??

Why were these people interested in her in the first place. It's not like you can't get stuff like this elsewhere if it is what i think it is...

This guy was obviously blackmailed some how
                  Not script kiddie. ISI. Why would a script kiddie wants details of Brahmos, or Army formations near the border? During peace, we spy.

To give you a rough idea how this is done - Sejal/Muskan (name sounding Indian and sexy, pick any name), who lives in US is an NRI. She sends Mr. X a friendship request on FB. Mr. X checks out her profile, finds her pretty and hot, accepts the request. They talk for some days, then desire takes over. She says she will be coming to India soon and want someone she can trust to give her a tour of the city or Taj Mahal or Khan Market or whatever. They talk more and more, and get close. He requests her explicit videos, and she obliges, but tells him he must use 'Signal' or 'Telegram' for those as these are encrypted. She shares pics/videos, Mr. X wanks to it, satisfied. In between she confesses her love for him, and requests him for his nudes. Mr. X gives his nudes (pics & vids). Honey trapped. This method is successful to honey-trap both married and single men. Which single men would want his nudes posted in the internet?

This is an old script that the ISI is using even now. The picture & videos of the women would be some girl from Heera Mandi, and the actual ISI spook who would be communicating with Mr. X, would be another woman from the establishment. This has long been going on. IB used to do that to Pak diplomats and second rung officers in India in the 70s, 80s, 90s, and ISI would return the favour. In all essence, IB is still doing this. All intel agencies do this. Remember Madhuri Gupta? In her case, she was in Pakistan, so the need and method changed. ISI had to improvise. Actual dude was used.

What does a man want after his stomach is full? Sex.
                  What does a woman want after her stomach is full? Someone who listens to her cribbing, then yeah, sex.

Why don't I get a desperate woman? :D :D
                  Last edited by Oracle; 21 Jun 19,, 04:32.

Comment

Too early to know what kind of criticism of the PA the kid was doing. Could be the Pushtun movement.
                    Our side should be studying his works.

Not a single leaf moves in Pakistan without the explicit order from the PA.
                    I get the impression lots of leaves move in Pakistan and then PA have to come in start knocking trees down.

Another example, Chris mentioned there was this journalist Zulfiquar something who spent two weeks at a terrorist training camp and wrote about it in Dawn magazine back in 2005. He mentioned there was an ISI colonel by name there. Guess which camp. Balakote !

That was the last article he wrote for the media. Nothing bad happened to him but let's say he decided a change of career would be better.

What was the problem ? Pakistan, major non NATO ally, important partner in the fight against terrorism being exposed.

See the pattern where the PA has to act. Something that incriminates them.

Americans are out of the picture. China is in the picture. Something that makes the Paks look bad to China would be acted on.

Comment

Not script kiddie. ISI. Why would a script kiddie wants details of Brahmos, or Army formations near the border? During peace, we spy.

To give you a rough idea how this is done - Sejal/Muskan (name sounding Indian and sexy, pick any name), who lives in US is an NRI. She sends Mr. X a friendship request on FB. Mr. X checks out her profile, finds her pretty and hot, accepts the request. They talk for some days, then desire takes over. She says she will be coming to India soon and want someone she can trust to give her a tour of the city or Taj Mahal or Khan Market or whatever. They talk more and more, and get close. He requests her explicit videos, and she obliges, but tells him he must use 'Signal' or 'Telegram' for those as these are encrypted. She shares pics/videos, Mr. X wanks to it, satisfied. In between she confesses her love for him, and requests him for his nudes. Mr. X gives his nudes (pics & vids). Honey trapped. This method is successful to honey-trap both married and single men. Which single men would want his nudes posted in the internet?
                      I see, so the software part isn't important then. What you described above is the main story.

Posting his nudes is nothing compared to sharing brahmos details. Course a lot of this is to do with manipulation. So sky is the limit with the right talent.

This is an old script that the ISI is using even now. The picture & videos of the women would be some girl from Heera Mandi, and the actual ISI spook who would be communicating with Mr. X, would be another woman from the establishment. This has long been going on. IB used to do that to Pak diplomats and second rung officers in India in the 70s, 80s, 90s, and ISI would return the favour. In all essence, IB is still doing this. All intel agencies do this. Remember Madhuri Gupta? In her case, she was in Pakistan, so the need and method changed. ISI had to improvise. Actual dude was used.

What does a man want after his stomach is full? Sex.
                      What does a woman want after her stomach is full? Someone who listens to her cribbing, then yeah, sex.
                      I'm just amazed they managed to get so many security personnel in the net, across various states. 98(!)

Took a while for counter intel to wake up and bust the operation.

Why don't I get a desperate woman? :D :D
                      You don't want desperate, those kinds are into blackmail as well

https://www.indiatimes.com/technolog...re-369426.html
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 21 Jun 19,, 05:40.

Comment

Our side should be studying his works.
                        That's for sure.

I get the impression lots of leaves move in Pakistan and then PA have to come in start knocking trees down.
                        Another way of saying what I've just said. Fair enough.

Another example, Chris mentioned there was this journalist Zulfiquar something who spent two weeks at a terrorist training camp and wrote about it in Dawn magazine back in 2005. He mentioned there was an ISI colonel by name there. Guess which camp. Balakote !

That was the last article he wrote for the media. Nothing bad happened to him but let's say he decided a change of career would be better.

What was the problem ? Pakistan, major non NATO ally, important partner in the fight against terrorism being exposed.

See the pattern where the PA has to act. Something that incriminates them.

Americans are out of the picture. China is in the picture. Something that makes the Paks look bad to China would be acted on.
                        What happened to him is understood. Safety of the family comes first.

Who is Chris, Christine Fair?
                        Last edited by Oracle; 21 Jun 19,, 06:47.

Comment

I see, so the software part isn't important then. What you described above is the main story.
                          No. I gave you a rough idea how these things are done. Every person is different, and these things are tailored for every different person, depending on the complexity and whether he falls for the nude videos or something else needs to be done.

E.g., Say a person has his resume on LinkedIn, showing he works for BARC or DRDO on some nuke technology. He would get a message from so and so Journalist of a new age digital print, praising India/Indian-defense-industry/him. First is the praise. Pump a lot of air to bloat his ego. This is how it all starts. It takes time to cultivate people to pass on their country's secrets. How much time do you think it requires to start a new age digital print? A few minutes.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                          Posting his nudes is nothing compared to sharing brahmos details. Course a lot of this is to do with manipulation. So sky is the limit with the right talent.
                          Correct, but then he thinks of his marriage falling apart and losing custody of his kids. I'm single, even I don't want my nudes to do rounds of the internet.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                          I'm just amazed they manged to get so many security personnel in the net, across various states. 98(!)

Took a while for counter intel to wake up and bust the operation.
                          Defense should use only Macbooks. At the very least, the threat of virus, worms, bots get minimized.
                          Last edited by Oracle; 21 Jun 19,, 06:48.

Comment

No. I gave you a rough idea how these things are done. Every person is different, and these things are tailored for every different person, depending on the complexity and whether he falls for the nude videos or something else needs to be done.
                            ok so when i said a script kiddie could have pulled this off, this guys should have known better to download software from some unknown source. Once installed they open a hole in the system for outsiders to penetrate and hack other machines.

Yes, Chris is Christine Fair.

Defense should use only Macbooks. At the very least, the threat of virus, worms, bots get minimized.
                            You get same with macs as well. These people are targets so it really won't matter what platform they use.

Comment

ok so when i said a script kiddie could have pulled this off, this guys should have known better to download software from some unknown source. Once installed they open a hole in the system for outsiders to penetrate and hack other machines.

Yes, Chris is Christine Fair.

You get same with macs as well. These people are targets so it really won't matter what platform they use.
                              See, if anyone asks you to install a s/w for some purpose, that is a red flag, whatever the s/w is. This is basic data security that the Government should train them on. Paucity of funds maybe. This is one of the dumbest cases I heard in a long time. Go there, download this, install it ..... crap. See how vulnerable the forces are? If we have a battle plan for Pakistan/China, China knows it already, unless those files are off the grid.

Dude, Macs are tougher to hack than windows. Much much tougher. Even if people use Macs, people will continue to fall prey to espionages like this since most people can't part with their smartphones.

What is the oldest profession: Prostitution, Espionage/Spying, Agriculture???

Comment

• Pakistan manages to avoid being placed on FATF blacklist: Media reports

The spoliers - China, Malaysia, Turkey.

US, UK, France voice concern at FATF meet over Pak inaction against Saeed, Azhar: Sources
                                Last edited by Oracle; 21 Jun 19,, 16:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X