Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: For Pakistan, terrorism is a state-sponsored business

Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    I'm going by what father said. I'm not familiar with this blogger and cannot think what a 22 yr old says is so threatening to the PA. Attacking people like this has happened in Europe too. There was a Dutch movie producer that got stabbed some years back. Why ? talking about Islam. If it can happen elsewhere then very likely in Pakistan. It's curious the article suggested it was the army when the father contradicted that.
    Yes, you do that. I'm holding onto my views.

Yes, they survive through American influence as they are considered useful. But how long can the Paks bank on that influence. Not at the FATF any more.
    Till the Americans think the Paks are useful. IMF, WB, ADB, FATF are just tools. I'd be very happy if I'm wrong on this count. That is, Pak gets into the FATF blacklist.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

7 civilians injured in grenade attack near police station in J&K's Pulwama

Indian govt gives written assurance to IOC; decks cleared for Pakistani athletes to participate in India

Before anyone comments on the above scenario, let me just ask if their countries are vulnerable to terrorism such as India. If the answer is 'No', leave.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Till the Americans think the Paks are useful. IMF, WB, ADB, FATF are just tools. I'd be very happy if I'm wrong on this count. That is, Pak gets into the FATF blacklist.
    Well, didn't you question whether the IMF loan has come through ?

The Americans did pull some strings to get them in the grey list. There is an ultimatum now hanging over their heads should they not comply with the 25 or so conditions. One of the commentators i recall couple months ago said India was responsible for adding more conditions that ballooned the figure to 27. Some 15 odd. Then the Paks were saying this is an anti-pak front etc.

The MO seems to be keep the militants busy and their morale up until they can go in for something more vicious and spectacular.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Jun 19, at 00:47.

Well, didn't you question whether the IMF loan has come through ?

The Americans did pull some strings to get them in the grey list. There is an ultimatum now hanging over their heads should they not comply with the 25 or so conditions. One of the commentators i recall couple months ago said India was responsible for adding more conditions that ballooned the figure to 27. Some 15 odd. Then the Paks were saying this is an anti-pak front etc.
    Yes, I asked. I wanted to know if the amount was transferred to the SBP by the IMF. Initially the Paks made a lot of noise about the IMF loan, then suddenly it went off the media, so I thought you probably might know. Look, here is the thing, President Trump is transactional, here-in lies my doubt.

Yes, I asked. I wanted to know if the amount was transferred to the SBP by the IMF. Initially the Paks made a lot of noise about the IMF loan, then suddenly it went off the media, so I thought you probably might know. Look, here is the thing, President Trump is transactional, here-in lies my doubt.
    If there is no proof of this transfer then your scepticism is valid.

Now, how to tell when that transfer actually occurs

If there is no proof of this transfer then your scepticism is valid.

Now, how to tell when that transfer actually occurs
    There is no news Pak has received the IMF loan. Transfer will occur when Trump is happy, that is Pompeo convinces Trump that Pak is doing something.

There is no news Pak has received the IMF loan. Transfer will occur when Trump is happy, that is Pompeo convinces Trump that Pak is doing something.
    Good stuff, you went with the same thinking with the F16's and we got something valuable there.

Good stuff, you went with the same thinking with the F16's and we got something valuable there.
    I don't understand how it is good stuff. Anybody who joins WAB, or reads WAB from the sidelines can predict the same. You're handing out credit where there is none to be given, good man.

High-powered body to draw up economic plan

Hehehe....it has the Bajwa too, COAS Bajwa. What's with the Arab? Why a Hindu/Sikh surname? Lol.

Can India become regional power sans US support?

I did not complete the 3rd para. Yeah, cry biatch!

P.S.: If you read what she wrote about Balakote in the 3rd para, it implies she knows about it, the casualties etc.

I don't understand how it is good stuff. Anybody who joins WAB, or reads WAB from the sidelines can predict the same. You're handing out credit where there is none to be given, good man.
    Media coverage for the past couple of weeks is Pakistan getting the IMF loan is a done deal. Nobody is being cautious by saying wait till it shows up at SBP. They all raced to get that bit of news out.

You're the only one calling it out : )
    Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Jun 19, at 05:06.

Can India become regional power sans US support?

I did not complete the 3rd para. Yeah, cry biatch!

P.S.: If you read what she wrote about Balakote in the 3rd para, it implies she knows about it, the casualties etc.
    She's right on this part

The White House has removed India from the list of Preferential Trade Benefit. India has been exporting goods worth six billion dollars under the agreement, according to the Congressional Research Service.

The psychological effect of this decision far exceeds its economic cost to India. The optics of yanking benefits from an ally could send all the wrong signals, about the future of the US-India strategic partnership, especially in the context of India’s desire to affront China in the contest of regional power.

Revamping trade policy has been one of Trump’s election promises, to move the US from the periphery to the centre stage of political economy. With just over a year to go until the next US presidential election, Trump may not be relenting, any time sooner, on his trade policy with India.
    We've implemented our own set of tariffs against the US, this means almonds & washington apples become more expensive. Whether it goes any further with more tariff hikes remains to be seen. What triggered the withdrawal of preferential trade benefits was India's obstinacy to relent on imposing tariffs on American stents. We're trying to build our own so imposed tariffs on american ones.

There is a delicate balance here, most developed powers benefited from high tariff walls in their developing stages. US is no exception.

As for her title, Ashley has done a better job articulating it. India still cannot shape its immediate environment to suits its interests. India should be doing a far better job at it given the size.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 19 Jun 19, at 16:54.

Electoral dangers

Pakistanis see wrong on every other country, but do not talk about Pakistan's state policy of supporting terrorism, killing/raping/converting minorities, state persecution of shias and ahmadis. Pakistan is a blot on the world map, and idiotic writers such as these are responsible for keeping Pakistan meshed in the shit they have created in the name of Islam.

Another one, Target: Iran?

What is Pakistan's problem if US attacks Iran? These imbeciles think they are the custodians of the Islamic world. NO, you're the fcuked up country that exports terrorism to the whole world. Talk about heights of unfounded importance and a balloon sized ego.

She's right on this part

We've implemented our own set of tariffs against the US, this means almonds & washington apples become more expensive. Whether it goes any further with more tariff hikes remains to be seen. What triggered the withdrawal of preferential trade benefits was India's obstinacy to relent on imposing tariffs on American stents. We're trying to build our own so imposed tariffs on american ones.

There is a delicate balance here, most developed powers benefited from high tariff walls in their developing stages. US is no exception.

As for her title, Ashley has done a better job articulating it. India still cannot shape its immediate environment to suits its interests. India should be doing a far better job at it given the size.
    Don't take Paksistanis seriously. All known writers have been writing along these lines for the last month. She is a copy+paste wonder. No wonder they're fcuked up in their heads.

Thread Information