Magnum P.I. Reboot 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnum P.I. Reboot 2018

Last year it was speculated that some involved with the Fast and the Furious franchise was looking to reboot Miami Vice. Instead they are apparently producing a Magnum P.I. reboot that is to air this fall.
    Here is a bit of a lengthy promo piece.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ADAeeJclFIU

A big piece of garbage compared to the original just like the new Hawaii Five-O is compared to the original.

Comment

I rather like the new Hawaii 50 and I hope this new version of Mag PI is just as cool.

Comment

No mustache.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
          No mustache.
          Hell, no Tom Selleck and that is what the show will be measured up to by using the same name. Same with Hawaii Five-O without Jack Lord as the show has been measured up to him and has flunked. Certain shows or movies really should never be remade as their main character is irreplaceable. The main character made the role. Think McQueen in Bullitt, Brando in The Godfather, Wayne in Red River to name one, Gable in Gone with the Wind to name some movies. For a newer movie how about Hamill, Ford and Fisher in Star Wars. In TV it could be Alda in M.A.S.H., Arness in Gunsmoke, O'Connor in ALL in the Family to name some. Remakes almost always fall flat and some flatter than others.

Comment

Alda doesn't quite fit that line - he was the remake, original was Donald Sutherland.

Comment

That is true which is why I said TV. In actuality the TV show is far more iconic than the movie.

Comment

The 2nd episode featured a 300 lb. rubber Tuna! This would have been unacceptable in the 1980’s much less now! For Pete’s sake buy a damn fish!

Comment

Hard to think of any reboots that matched or exceeded the original show - with the possible exception of Star Trek Next Gen and maybe The Twilight Zone. And in those cases special effects played a role, with the inclusion of some exceptional plots written by guest writers.
                  Last edited by Monash; 03 Oct 18,, 13:41.
                  If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

So the idea of the reboot then is to resell the original to a new generation ?

Won't work will it, these serials were relevant when they came out but its another question whether they still are today.

I watched some of the earlier seasons of hawaii 5 o and they were amazing

Watching the A-team movie made me miserable : /

Comment

Working...
                    X