Thread: USS Wisconsin ....

USS Wisconsin ....

Good evening WAB followers.

Just received confirmation that I'll be in Norfolk the middle of August and will have 24-hours of "me-time".
    As many have followed the Fletcher-DD thread for some time and proved excellent resources for contacts,
    (i.e. The Kidd, The Sullivans and the Cassin Young , aka the Fletcher Trifecta ) I've got a idea to work on the " Iowa Quads".

Should you know of a contact for the Whiskey in Norfolk who'd wouldn't mind the August heat for a private tour I would appreciate a reference. All contacts will be kept confidential, please PM me.

Thank you for your continued support,
    "blidgepump"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by blidgepump; 09 May 18, at 04:58.

All ready .... PING

Quote Originally Posted by blidgepump View Post
    Good evening WAB followers.

Just received confirmation that I'll be in Norfolk the middle of August and will have 24-hours of "me-time".
    As many have followed the Fletcher-DD thread for some time and proved excellent resources for contacts,
    (i.e. The Kidd, The Sullivans and the Cassin Young , aka the Fletcher Trifecta ) I've got a idea to work on the " Iowa Quads".

Should you know of a contact for the Whiskey in Norfolk who'd wouldn't mind the August heat for a private tour I would appreciate a reference. All contacts will be kept confidential, please PM me.

Thank you for your continued support,
    "blidgepump"
    Confirmation that the trip is still a "GO" for August at the Waterfront in Norfolk.
    I continue to seek a "contact" should a referral be available?

Bag is packed ....

Confirmation that the trip is still a "GO" for August at the Waterfront in Norfolk.
    I continue to seek a "contact" should a referral be available?
    Onward to Norfolk is the cry !!!!

Two days are carved out to tour BB-64. I hope to add jpegs & share upon returning home.

Wheels up...

Two days are carved out to tour BB-64. I hope to add jpegs & share upon returning home.
    Cameras & toothbrush packed. "Head East" is on the morning agenda.

Prattville, Alabama. In the Southeastern United St

I feel like a kid, and Christmas is approaching, lol! Looking forward to any and all pics you're able to share with us, Blidgepump.

Have a safe trip!

Special requests ????

Should there be any "special requests" for specific photographs of the USS WISCONSIN... place your order(s) now!

BP,

The WISCONSIN is unique in her vertical at sea replenishment unit which is located just forward of Turret 3 on the stbd. side (you can't miss it!) - none of the other IOWAs have this equipment - some shots of it might be nice. Also, both of the after 40mm tubs were converted and some good photos of that equipment would be helpful (modelers, etc.). I don't think the 4 ships had the same arrangements. Some interior shots of the 05 level nav. bridge (and, if you are allowed up there) the 08 Nav. station. 04 Level bridge areas also are under-photographed so those might be nice. Photos of her Mk. 37 GFCS directors as they differ from NJ/MO. OK, have fun!!!

Prattville, Alabama. In the Southeastern United St
    Should there be any "special requests" for specific photographs of the USS WISCONSIN... place your order(s) now!
    As a former nuclear-qualified IC man who also worked in my ships IC shop, I'd like to see her IC (Interior Communications) shop. Ours was also home of the Main Gyrocompass, and the ships main system of on-board comms, which was the J-Dial Telephone System.
    I also worked, and stood watches in the engine room and elsewhere as an Electrical Operator, so any pics of engineering spaces' electrical gear would be cool. And the Emergency Diesel Generator and its associated switchgear.

This is really awesome of you Blidgepump, to offer this. Thanks!

On the dock next to the Wisky. Warm Virginia day. Cell phones are not much fun to post.

Day 1

On the dock next to the Wisky. Warm Virginia day. Cell phones are not much fun to post.
    We'll the 1st day of the two Day inspection of the USS Wisconsin met with with a few bumps.

A shout out to Nicole Nussbaum. She really brought a large smile into the day. I shared with the PR director.. Separate from Nicole.... how the web address failed to produce any response using contact email. So I'd advise avoiding email contact with the museum unless you have a lot of rime to spend. Up front impression.... The Whisky is in solid condition. Much better than the New Jersey. Nothing is open above Level 5. Tomorrow I should have a full day + the engine room tour. It is doubtful that I'll be able to get access for detailed photos of the engine room as I'd hoped.
    Last edited by blidgepump; 17 Aug 18, at 22:39.

Thread Information