Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Help wanted in buying a laptop

  1. #61
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Yeah. So opted for Samsung.
    The results suprise me but maybe your experiece has something to do with it

    https://www.counterpointresearch.com...india-q2-2018/

  2. #62
    Senior Contributor Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    966.3673
    Posts
    3,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    The results suprise me but maybe your experiece has something to do with it

    https://www.counterpointresearch.com...india-q2-2018/
    Probably. India is huge and one who has last mile connectivity will earn the moolah!

    Btw, which liquid solution or detergent powder you use to wash your micro-fiber cloth?
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

    Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

  3. #63
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Probably. India is huge and one who has last mile connectivity will earn the moolah!

    Btw, which liquid solution or detergent powder you use to wash your micro-fiber cloth?
    I was expecting xiaomi to be runaway ahead and they were for the previous two quarters but sammy isn't giving up. A lot of this also has to do with launches. If either has a major launch then it reflects in sales over others whose product launches are in a different quarter

    Surf excel liquid will do. I use about 15ml with about 10 cloths as it froths up in a front loader.

    The idea of using liquid is to avoid any of the fillers in powder spoiling the cloth. I use powder for everything else otherwise. I bough the surf excel bottle well over a year ago and i'm not even half way through it.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 03 Aug 18, at 17:38.

  4. #64
    Senior Contributor Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    966.3673
    Posts
    3,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    I was expecting xiaomi to be runaway ahead and they were for the previous two quarters but sammy isn't giving up. A lot of this also has to do with launches. If either has a major launch then it reflects in sales over others whose product launches are in a different quarter

    Surf excel liquid will do. I use about 15ml with about 10 cloths as it froths up in a front loader.

    The idea of using liquid is to avoid any of the fillers in powder spoiling the cloth. I use powder for everything else otherwise. I bough the surf excel bottle well over a year ago and i'm not even half way through it.
    I don't remember since when I have been eating Maggi noodles, class V or lower classes probably. I grew up in an isolated part of the country, cut off from any sort of economic/political/social activity, yet Maggi Noodles was available. Amul butter was available. ITC's cigarettes were available. You see, it took decades for those companies to perfect their supply chain, and master logistics.

    Can I use shampoo with conditioner for washing the micro-fiber cloth?
    Last edited by Oracle; 05 Aug 18, at 17:15.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

    Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

  5. #65
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Can I use shampoo with conditioner for washing the micro-fiber cloth?
    i think you might get away with just water since all its doing is removing dust and some finger grease

    https://www.cleanipedia.com/gb/laund...-cloths-towels

    I throw in some vinegar in the fabric softener compartment to fluff them up

  6. #66
    Senior Contributor Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    966.3673
    Posts
    3,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Edge View Post
    i think you might get away with just water since all its doing is removing dust and some finger grease

    https://www.cleanipedia.com/gb/laund...-cloths-towels

    I throw in some vinegar in the fabric softener compartment to fluff them up
    My dad suffers from high BP, and it will increase further if I wash just one micro-fiber cloth in the washing machine. If I wash it by hand, then no detergent etc is required, right?
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

    Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

  7. #67
    Turbanator Senior Contributor Double Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Sep 10
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    My dad suffers from high BP, and it will increase further if I wash just one micro-fiber cloth in the washing machine. If I wash it by hand, then no detergent etc is required, right?
    Depends how dirty it is, a few drops of dish washing detergent will be fine. Just don't use any powder detergent.

  8. #68
    Senior Contributor Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 13
    Location
    966.3673
    Posts
    3,313
    Used a couple of drops of liquid dish washing solution, kept the micro fiber cloth immersed for 20 mins, then washed it by hand. It was dirty, dirt and sweat from my hands. It worked. :D
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

    Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Laptop suggestions?
    By astralis in forum Computer & Gadgets
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15 Jun 10,, 10:15
  2. How often do you use your laptop?
    By SnowLeopard in forum Computer & Gadgets
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 26 Sep 09,, 13:15
  3. One laptop per child
    By citanon in forum Science & Technology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18 Jun 08,, 08:23
  4. $100 laptop to sell
    By Ironduke in forum Science & Technology
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 30 Oct 07,, 11:42
  5. New Laptop..
    By Srirangan in forum Computer & Gadgets
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05 Feb 07,, 23:44

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •