Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Trump's Economy

Defense ProfessionalSenior Contributor tbm3fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Look like Trump's "alternate facts" and demented version of reality isn't holding up too well in real world.

Anybody still want to defend this asshole? Anybody?

Anybody?
    "I am not a crook"

Sound familiar?

Three years after leaving office, Mr. Nixon defended his actions to the British television personality David Frost: “When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.” A recent New York Times article about political sex scandals and technology highlighted the sense of invincibility some politicians seem to share: “Part of that has to do with politics, which self-selects for people with risk-taking behavior and a high degree of self-regard.”

Mr. Nixon said, “People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook.” Do you agree? Would you rather have a leader who is honest but cannot affect change, or one who uses dishonest methods to achieve positive results? Do you think politicians are more prone than others to behave unethically because they view themselves as above the law, or do you think that as public figures, they just receive more attention when their misdeeds come to light? Why? Do you think that violations on the scale of the Nixon administration’s misconduct and subsequent cover-up could take place today? Why or why not?

https://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2...m-not-a-crook/

That too is incorrect. The IRS doesn't have to bring him to court, Congress can impeach him for high crimes and misdemeanours. It's just a matter of bringing proof so blatant that even GOP whores protecting Trump are forced to stand aside and let justice prevail.
    I'm thinking #1 on the whore list would be Graham...

That too is incorrect. The IRS doesn't have to bring him to court, Congress can impeach him for high crimes and misdemeanours. It's just a matter of bringing proof so blatant that even GOP whores protecting Trump are forced to stand aside and let justice prevail.
    I'm thinking #1 on the whore list would be Graham...

Senior Contributor
    Impeachment. Since he denies that he is bound by any Congress subpoena that is the sole remaining remedy, though he will deny they have a jurisdiction for that too.

Keeping it real

I doubt there's anyone around here who doesn't know what I think of this current bunch of GOPers. But, some on my side seem to think that using their style of misinformation is acceptable, and I strongly disagree.

There's a story going around that the reason the unemployment rate is so low is that the Trump Administration is counting as employed anyone who worked as little as one hour a week.

Here's my response:

One hour = employed?
    My God! Will they stoop so low as to use exactly the same measure as the Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman and Roosevelt administrations? All the way back to 1940?!?
    Have these people no shame?
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

Thread Information