This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
    More warble...We are denying the scientific authenticity of psychology and psychiatry so tell me what someone who professes to an expert in either of these pseudo sciences may say is irrelevant. If Vulcan as a planet does not exist what someone who professes to come from there says means nothing. "Then the unicorn said..." has meaning but does not make unicorns real. Nor do see it in any way related to solipsism.
    Being employed in the marketing business I had a lots of experiences with promo girls and models, yes we are talking 10+ girls. Take or leave it, but they confirm everything that MGTOW says.

Comment

• Originally posted by Versus View Post
      Being employed in the marketing business I had a lots of experiences with promo girls and models, yes we are talking 10+ girls. Take or leave it, but they confirm everything that MGTOW says.
      Well that's still a pretty small sample size. Wouldn't you also say the culture where you live differs greatly from mine? The limiting factor for MGTOW theory is its generalizability across multiple perspectives, they are based off assumptions made by the sole perspective of men and their anecdotal experience with women.
      "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Serbia is one big high school where chads bully nerds whom than go to the West and design weapons that are than used against Serbian chads whom go and bully others. I mean, our engeneers were included in tomahawk navigation system design and also were included in F-14 cockpit design. The very weapons used in 1999 against Chad army. Its just insane. The Putin cult is self explanatory.
        One thing i notice about Serbians is they are good in english and quite present online. I remember when 9/11 happened as in the day itself this guy posting an image of a bombing in Belgrade and asking me why that was ok but 9/11 was not

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Team View Post
          Well that's still a pretty small sample size. Wouldn't you also say the culture where you live differs greatly from mine? The limiting factor for MGTOW theory is its generalizability across multiple perspectives, they are based off assumptions made by the sole perspective of men and their anecdotal experience with women.
          Shall we go with, "Tangled" I mean, its Disney after all. Or Lucas film?
          https://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp...ue-CROPPED.jpg

Who is the archetype for a princess?

Or this
          http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...af6ef3726262ac

Or poorer Balkan version, in the form of a Serbian war criminal and the hottest folk super star

https://www.kurir.rs/data/images/201...c-arkan_ls.jpg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Versus; 01 May 18,, 21:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
            Assumes people are deterministic or simplifies them to a point that they are to create a conceptual model ?
            Basically yes. Science deals with empirical facts that everyone can in theory 'verify' (as Karl Popper argued). So the 'law of gravity' in the Newtonian sense seeks to explain why things fall down instead of float in the air or go upward. Pick up a pencil and let go of it - you have just tested it. On the basis of the explanation it then makes predictions - such as all things fall equally regardless of their mass. They did this experiment on the moon with a feather and piece of metal. Both fell at the same velocity. Then you can predict eclipses etc etc... The reason Einstein was accepted over Newton is because Einstein said light should bend while Newton said it go in straight lines and they did an experiment in 1919 by during a solar eclipse and showed that light did actually bend as Einstein had said it should.

It is just not possible to do empirical 'verification tests' in what they call 'behavioral sciences'. You cannot prove what someone is thinking and different people may have different motivations for behaving in an almost identical manner. Many people cross roads but for different reasons. You cannot make a categorical statement regarding why people cross roads unless you say "to get to the other side" which is basically just another way of saying they cross roads. There is nothing empirical or verifiable to it. It's 'mind stuff' that cannot be prove correct or incorrect. Nor do even really have a empirical understanding of what a 'mind' is, let alone a 'psyche' or an 'ego'. It is words we use to describe things we cannot see, taste, smell, touch or measure. It does not mean the words 'mean nothing' or have some value as descriptions in a subjective way. It just means they are not science in the true sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Team View Post
              An extremely flawed sample as well. Beauty for money, where there's a long-term relationship between employer and employee, and fellow employees, I believe this causes a vicious cycle. This, in turn, creates, I don't know the correct word for it, but perhaps, "pathologies" or "neuroses", that are perhaps either not present or not as pronounced in the rest of the general population.

If she showed up and modeled once, or once in awhile, then took the money and gone home, and paid a bill or two, I think it's possible to maintain a healthy mindset.

Long-term, in such a line of work, where one doesn't flip the switch and turn it all off - but is instead dealing with the same people, day in, day out, for years on end, and building actual on-going relationships with others, and allowing what should be strictly a money-making endeavour to pervade the rest of one's entire life, instead of compartmentalizing it away from everything else in one's life, I think that's a recipe for disaster.

If one if going to do this type of thing for work, compartmentalization and not forming bonds/ties to others involved in this line of work is necessary.
              Last edited by Ironduke; 01 May 18,, 22:02.
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                An extremely flawed sample as well. Beauty for money, where there's a long-term relationship between employer and employee, I believe this causes vicious cycle between men and women. This, in turn, creates, I don't know the correct word for it, but perhaps, "pathologies" or "neuroses", that are either not present or not as pronounced in the rest of the general population.

If she showed up and modeled once, or once in awhile, then took the money and gone home, and paid a bill or two, I think it's possible to maintain a healthy mindset.

Long-term, where one is dealing with the same people, day in, day out, for years on end, and building actual on-going relationships with others, and allowing what should be strictly a money-making endeavour to pervade the rest of one's entire life, instead of compartmentalizing it away from everything else in one's life, I think that's a recipe for disaster.

In few words, if one if going to do this type of thing for work, compartmentalization from all other areas of one's life, and not forming bonds/ties to others involved in this line of work is necessary.
                It is extreme example, not flawed. Working with them they were able to destroy the narrative that beautiful women are dumb or shallow, they are not, actually some of them are quite intelligent. But the core is the same... Unfortunately. Hence...MGTOW. That is why there is no difference between land whale or a stacy and incels have no reasons to be angry at women. Also looks are not everything, it is confidence and assertiveness. Besides if they think that they are ugly, they can always go to a plastic surgery. But again, physical looks are not the most important, its that "attitude" that turns them on, that "bad boy" anti social and pathological vibe. Makes me sick.
                Last edited by Versus; 01 May 18,, 22:05.

Comment

• Well sure, there's cultural stereotypes of what is considered attractive depending on the society you're talking about, it doesn't mean everybody subscribes to them. But that kinda reinforces the point doesn't it? A century ago, men who were fat were considered attractive to women because they were seen as a sign of wealth. Now a potbelly is err...endearing at best. Hell 30 years ago, intelligent women were seen as intimidating and unattractive to men in a culture where a stay-at-home 20 something wife with their MRS degree was the attractive option. Attractiveness is not as static of a concept as one would think.

MGTOW theories are vulnerable to changes in culture and the times because they are theories primarily designed to deflect from the shortcomings of contemporary frustrated men who blame everything and everyone but themselves for not being able to find a partner. They often don't take into account things like partner incompatibility, increased selectivity due to prevalence of online dating sites/apps, or prevalence of independent career women. It's always gotta be some inherent unfairness or flaw in someone else.

Hypothetically, would these men continue to subscribe to the same views on women if tomorrow, they suddenly became attractive to every woman?

Comment

Well sure, there's cultural stereotypes of what is considered attractive depending on the society you're talking about, it doesn't mean everybody subscribes to them. But that kinda reinforces the point doesn't it? A century ago, men who were fat were considered attractive to women because they were seen as a sign of wealth. Now a potbelly is err...endearing at best. Hell 30 years ago, intelligent women were seen as intimidating and unattractive to men in a culture where a stay-at-home 20 something wife with their MRS degree was the attractive option. Attractiveness is not as static of a concept as one would think.

MGTOW theories are vulnerable to changes in culture and the times because they are theories primarily designed to deflect from the shortcomings of contemporary frustrated men who blame everything and everyone but themselves for not being able to find a partner. They often don't take into account things like partner incompatibility, increased selectivity due to prevalence of online dating sites/apps, or prevalence of independent career women. It's always gotta be some inherent unfairness or flaw in someone else.

Hypothetically, would these men continue to subscribe to the same views on women if tomorrow, they suddenly became attractive to every woman?
                    MGTOW's, the ones I know of are all survivors of the family court massacres or relationships that ended extremely badly. MGTOW is an reaction to dual standards in the family courts and society. We don't hate women, we simply recognize their true nature and dangers of gynocentric state/law systems. I think that we would. Once you see it you cannot un-see it.
                    Last edited by Versus; 01 May 18,, 22:16.

Comment

MGTOW's, the ones I know of are all survivors of the family court massacres or relationships that ended extremely badly.
                      May I ask what happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                        There's no more evidence that physics is a real science than sociology, and Schrodinger's Cat is the evidence for it. Physicists have no idea what they are describing at a fundamental level.
                        Strictly speaking science isn't about whether you really know what's going on at a fundamental level. It's really a system for proposing models that get better and better at PREDICTING experimental results covering ever widening sets of parameters over time.

We have no clue what's really going on with quantum mechanics but it gives predictions that agree with perfectly controlled experiments to the 12th significant digits. That makes quantum mechanics more reliable and accurate than any theory or finding in any of the social sciences, ever.

Of course science isn't really about being right. It's more a systematic way of decreasing our ignorance of the objective facts if the world over time.

Comment

May I ask what happened?
                          Sent you PM.

Comment

MGTOW is an reaction to dual standards in the family courts and society. We don't hate women, we simply recognize their true nature and dangers of gynocentric state/law systems. I think that we would. Once you see it you cannot un-see it.
                            Now this is something that has empirical evidence behind it. For example, male to female domestic violence is taken very seriously by law enforcement, but female-to-male domestic violence is often looked at as a joke. There are more than a few cases of men abused by women that call the cops and get themselves arrested. As much of a meme as Gender Studies has become on the web, the non-bats**t insane academia side of it has done important work describing the double standards afflicting both genders throughout law and culture.

But here's the rub, these double standards aren't a function of any inherent evil of women at large, they are a function of some scumbag women who take advantage of a number of systems within our society (i.e., divorce courts, criminal justice system) that disproportionately favors them---not because of some conspiracy against men at large, but because of bureaucratic changes made as a result of (American) society's initiative to give women more legal agency during a time when women were expected to be dependents to men. What we are seeing now is largely an effect of bureaucratic inertia.

Bottom line, humans can be scumbags to each other and their behavior functionally takes advantage of any edge they have to achieve their ends.
                            Last edited by Red Team; 01 May 18,, 22:34.

Comment

Now this is something that has empirical evidence behind it. For example, male to female domestic violence is taken very seriously by law enforcement, but female-to-male domestic violence is often looked at as a joke. There are more than a few cases of men abused by women that call the cops and get themselves arrested. As much of a meme as Gender Studies has become on the web, the non-bats**t insane academia side of it has done important work describing the double standards afflicting both genders throughout law and culture.

But here's the rub, these double standards aren't a function of any inherent evil of women at large, they are a function of some scumbag women who take advantage of a number of systems within our society (i.e., divorce courts, criminal justice system) that disproportionately favors them---not because of some conspiracy against men at large, but because of bureaucratic changes made as a result of (American) society's initiative to give women more legal agency during a time when women were expected to be dependents to men.
                              Lets pretend that communist use feminism as a weapon to destroy US. How this practice in family courts, plays for them?

Comment

Working...
                              X