This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    The retirement homes I've seen, that is now reversed. Ususally with one living man to every five women. Never mind a good looking man, he's the only one around. Live long enough and the women jump at you. Better still, the homes condomns are passed around like crazy, mainly used for cheap male incontinence.

The downside, of course, is that you have to live live long enough and get the doc to get you enough viagara.
    The ratio begins to change in favor of men far earlier than your age.

I'm in my early/mid 30s. When I was born, it was 105 males to 100 females. When I was 32, I reached the age where excess mortality among males (accidents, suicides, murders, overdoses, etc.) had evened out the male/female sex ratio to 100 to 100.

As I get older, women in my age cohort will increasingly outnumber men.

There are also a much, much larger number of men than women who are incarcerated, have severe genetic defects (Down's, retardation) and other conditions, which means the true sex ratio for my age cohort, for all practical purposes, may already be something more like 90 men to 100 women.
    Last edited by Ironduke; 12 May 18,, 19:28.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• You should really take a joke exactly for what it is, a joke.
      Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
        You should really take a joke exactly for what it is, a joke.
        What you described jokingly is a 100% real thing.

There's guys in their 70s/80s in retirement communities, with 5 or 10 girlfriends of similar age.

They're elderly tomcats, and they're always on the prowl.

Comment

• You might get lucky Duke - I didn't marry 'til I was 45. And for me, it was the companionship and, most especially the num-nums.

Comment

• Originally posted by XLAdept View Post
            You might get lucky Duke - I didn't marry 'til I was 45. And for me, it was the companionship and, most especially the num-nums.
            Not looking for that type of 'lucky'. If I were to meet a woman when I'm in my 50s, perhaps 10 years my junior, and we kept separate homes/finances, that would be good enough.

Anything short of that, within attainable means, during the next 15-20 years, is perfectly acceptable and good enough as well.

The overriding priority, now and in the future, is to never be the bad guy, or be in a situation and get framed up as one.

Keep things casual, don't lead women on, don't lie to them, don't string them along, don't make promises that won't be followed through on, don't waste the time of and leave alone women of marriageable age who are looking for a husband, etc. Only pursue women who know exactly what they want, and what you want.

A lot of married men with kids take severe offense when a bachelor friend of theirs isn't doing what they are, e.g. not married, no kids, not going to church. If someone is truly that bothered and obsessive that their single bachelor friend isn't doing the same thing they are, I believe this is an indication of severe psychological problems the married friend is experiencing.

As a single man, there are lifestyle choices that are far better than being a deadbeat dad, an abuser, a neglectful father, an alcoholic, a cheater, etc.

There are so many ways a man can be even worse as a dad/husband, than he ever was when he was as a happy-go-lucky bachelor.

I'm not going to pretend I'm the know-all on these sorts of subjects, but "incels" should take notes.
            Last edited by Ironduke; 13 May 18,, 07:56.

Comment

• Talk about a surreal turn of a thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                Talk about a surreal turn of a thread...
                Might be a bit TMI, but you've got to admit - it's better than the ideological nonsense about paretos, incels, R-types, K-types, suggesting that running over women with a van is a form of "alloplastic defense", and the references to the Toronto Van Murderer by his birth name.

I've recently taken up the practice of "speed dating" at the bars. Talk to a woman for 30 seconds, one minute tops, if there's no reciprocal interest, keep my money in my wallet, and and move on to next one. If she won't even give you the time of day for 10 seconds, there's no sense in wasting money on buying her a drink.

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                The retirement homes I've seen, that is now reversed. Ususally with one living man to every five women. Never mind a good looking man, he's the only one around. Live long enough and the women jump at you. Better still, the homes condomns are passed around like crazy, mainly used for cheap male incontinence.

The downside, of course, is that you have to live live long enough and get the doc to get you enough viagara.
                I've noticed when I visit relatives at the nursing home, every widow residing there is checking younger guys out. Some of them come up to talk to the younger man, they grab/stroke his arm, etc. From what I've seen, half the widows generally try to touch the younger men, one way or another.

And I say, "nice to meet you, I'm here to visit my [relative], have you seen [him/her]?"

When these younger guys walk into a nursing home, it's probably the most exciting thing that has happened there all day. Some of them will even make comments such as "what a handsome young man", "my, you have a very good-looking grandson there", "now isn't he nice."

I'm not making this up. There would obviously be lawsuits if this were older men acting this way toward younger women.
                Last edited by Ironduke; 13 May 18,, 13:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                  A lot of married men with kids take severe offense when a bachelor friend of theirs isn't doing what they are, e.g. not married, no kids, not going to church. If someone is truly that bothered and obsessive that their single bachelor friend isn't doing the same thing they are, I believe this is an indication of severe psychological problems the married friend is experiencing.
                  Peer pressure ?

Chris Rock said

Even cockroaches have kids!

Shuts 'em up good and makes 'em livid : D

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                  Dating websites in the late 1990s/early 2000s were OK. They were the option of last resort, for those who find themselves in circumstances in which they absolutely have no means or luck in finding somebody the conventional way.

Instead, they have become for the millennial/younger generation, the first or even the only resort.
                  An interesting way of looking at it. Reminds of that video about that life coach that Versus posted
                  Last edited by Double Edge; 13 May 18,, 08:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                    Peer pressure ?

Chris Rock said

Even cockroaches have kids!

Shuts 'em up good and makes 'em livid : D
                    If one is not the marrying type, best to just be a tomcat. Sometimes one gets scratched, sometimes one gets lucky, just don't go around making any kittens.

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                    I trail ride in the Ozarks, I use a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder I've built on the cheap. I live in a singlewide, buying a doublewide on top of a mountain. Got a good job driving truck, a woman who loves me, kids, dogs and cats oh and my z car... God is good too me in the simple things and I am thankful for them. An attitude or gratitude makes life's pains hurt less and the little blessings feel bigger.
                    Elaborating more on some of the things you brought up... I think we can both look to Ben Franklin's Observations concerning the Increase of Mankind, Peopling of Countries, &c. to arrive at an answer as to the differences in approach to life between city and rural dwellers.

City-dwellers:
                    Originally posted by Ben Franklin
                    3. In Cities, where all Trades, Occupations and Offices are full, many delay marrying, till they can see how to bear the Charges of a Family; which Charges are greater in Cities, as Luxury is more common: many live single during Life, and continue Servants to Families, Journeymen to Trades, &c. hence Cities do not by natural Generation supply themselves with Inhabitants; the Deaths are more than the Births.
                    Rural-dwellers:
                    Originally posted by Ben Franklin
                    6. Land being thus plenty in America, and so cheap as that a labouring Man, that understands Husbandry, can in a short Time save Money enough to purchase a Piece of new Land sufficient for a Plantation, whereon he may subsist a Family; such are not afraid to marry; for if they even look far enough forward to consider how their Children when grown up are to be provided for, they see that more Land is to be had at Rates equally easy, all Circumstances considered.
                    I believe I'm #3, and that you're #6.

Might be a bit of an oversimplification, but I think it fairly accurately sums up the different approaches and lifestyles.

I'll give an example from my personal life that is consistent with what Franklin described in #3, the city-dweller apprentice/journeyman practice: "continue Servants to Families, Journeymen to Trades". In such an arrangement, whether one is an intern, journeyman, apprentice, one is naturally deterred from marriage/cohabitation and raising a family, at least for the period of the arrangement.

I spent 4 years as a handyman at a house at my alma mater from 2013-2017, while additionally working two additional occupations (IT dispatch and beer hawking @ 3 venues) for total of four jobs, five including the handyman gig. Also worked as a night watchman during this period, for 17 days at the State Fair, which was also a good experience.

I didn't work as a handyman for remuneration, but rather to learn the rest of everything I hadn't yet learned about home remodeling, maintenance, repair, landscaping, lawn care, building management, etc. These were skills I sorely wanted, in case I want a house someday, or to help family/friends with their homes.

I spent as much or even more than my entire rent discount on materials and supplies (the landlord was oblivious to this), and was effectively paying full rent and providing 60+ hours/month of pro bono labor.

My goal was to simply to learn these trades to an advanced/expert level over the period I lived there. Naturally, I allowed the landlord (and even my friends and family) to believe he was giving me a really good deal on my rent, to learn these trades without him (or them) bothering me too much. I think these skills will be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in the future, so it was time and money well spent.

But, on the downside, for those of the marrying type, working several other jobs part time and doing something like that, naturally precludes one from being an eligible bachelor.
                    Last edited by Ironduke; 14 May 18,, 06:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                      Talk about a surreal turn of a thread...
                      Versus might not be coming back... :D
                      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                        Can I just say what we are all thinking? If you have a decent job, ride and your own place backed up by even half a heart and semi decent personality there is some woman who will think to her self, "hmm, I could do worse". These men's problem is they keep thinking, "hmmm I could do better".

Happy relationships invovle both parties thinking they could do worse and busting tail to make sure the other never thinks they can do better.
                        True but there at times both think otherwise and that decision can come much later

Comment

True but there at times both think otherwise and that decision can come much later
                          I believe that humans, even whey they commit to relationships, are, by nature, serial monogamists, the of commitment for life being a much later invention/social construct, which has no basis in human nature.

The idea, in my opinion, of until death do us part and in sickness and in health (language from the Catholic vows, but a common practice across different religions and societies) was an artificial social construct that was enforced upon people, mostly for the sake of societal stability. Such a construct, when enforced, lessens the potential for conflict, acrimony, and damage to the social fabric among members of community or society, but occurs at the expense of personal happiness and freedom.

While I believe life-long monogamous partnership is an artificial social construct designed to reduce strife and conflict between members of a community or society - it also has the potential to hyper-concentrate that strife and conflict within the family home when the marriage or relationship fails, and the partners stay together because "they're supposed to", according to "society".

The most terrible thing about divorce and separation these days is that the stakes are so incredibly high, and the sheer amount of assets and finances are enormous now, as compared to the past. As society has "advanced", legal industries, governmental practices and institutions have grown around and are now heavily involved in the institution of marriage, and divorces and separations.

Various government institutions, social welfare agencies, and courts, for better or worse, meddle heavily in one's affairs, and there are potentially extreme legal penalties that can be applied, and so on.

Back in the Cro-Magnon days, if one's wife wanted to leave one for some other Cro-Magnon man of one's tribe, perhaps he gathered his furs, his axe and bow, and went into exile, or joined another tribe related to his own. Or perhaps he gave some tools and furs to his son(s), wandered the forests and plains alone for several years, reflected on his failures and misfortunes, and his son(s) would know where to find him when the son(s) were grown.

For some men, the only way to win the game may be to not play at all, and be satisfied with what sort of relationships that can be had short of marriage and fatherhood. If a man's sister has several children, for example, he can help her and them in which ways he can. From a strictly biological standpoint, the man's genes are just as much being passed on, much the same as if these were his own children, instead of hers.

The man can then otherwise in his personal life pursue relationships that do not involve the creation of children of his own. I believe this is a good strategy to pursue, especially if the man does not have the capability to successfully navigate the legal and economic minefields that marriage and the potential for divorce presents these days, and/or if the man does not have the means to cope with the emotional and psychological pain, outsider meddling, stress, and legal penalties that arise when marriages and relationships fail.
                          Last edited by Ironduke; 16 May 18,, 03:56.

Comment

what was it that upset you about this thread ?
                            Nothing.

It's fascinating how complex, dark psychological things Versus talks about. He sits around with his laptop, churning out heavy dosage of explanations with details and examples. In the not so nice corner of this world, his words will be taken a lot seriously, than here at WAB. This he knows and he persists. Look at how many pages this discussion took. I don't subscribe to his views, but some of his comments are worth analysing.

Infact, I know atleast 1 woman who liked light to moderate BDSM, has kids now, and is unhappy in her marriage. She cheated on her husband after her marriage. All those loving couples on Facebook, who post pics of almost about anything on togetherness, have we heard them talk in their bedroom? I can bet they aren't as happy as they post. There might be some aberrations, some people do fall in love, but the vast majority of men & women would fail the loyalty test once they smell the next Anastacia or Grey. I read Versus' posts for what it is, hardly comment, and try not to be judgemental. Doesn't mean I don't call out BS when I see it.

Actually I find it funny too, to see how Snapper reacts to such stuff. :D, which is why my first post in this thread looked like I am upset to you.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                            What shocked me was reading some of the posts in that Vox article and someone was advocating to do just that. I've always wondered why they didn't have these in the west and i think at some point they made acid harder to find and created alternative toilet cleaners.

To find any references to acid attacks in the west i once found one in some serial dating back to the 60s. It happened a long time ago
                            There were always people who would advocate to go to the extreme, social media made their job much easier, giving them the cloak of anonymity and a fuller audience who cheer at every BS they spout online. There are many reasons why they do that. Some troll, just to troll. Some are mean trolls. Some talk shit and do crazy stuff because they want to get noticed. Etcetera.

Acid attacks are making a comeback.

Just yesterday I read in online edition of TOI, a lady threw acid on her lover's face, because he dumped her. Easy isn't it from the point of revenge? Don't have to kill, just disfigure the face. The thinking that probably goes into making of these kind of crimes is that he doesn't get anther girl, as he is ugly now. Less punishment too.
                            Last edited by Oracle; 15 May 18,, 12:55.
                            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                              Versus might not be coming back... :D
                              My boss sold 10% of the company, which means that now instead of one idiot boss I have two. Good thing in my private hell is that we will be getting USAID grant so that we can start exporting our products to the US, which is neat and should make us profitable but I am a bit afraid of his management abilities. For me this means that production has been ramped up, again, but luckily I've anticipated it so now I don't have to work as much to meet the standards. Our products are good, 100% organic and healthy, but the management is another story.
                              But no worries, I'll be back soon.

Oracle, its not a laptop, but full tower Xeon powered monster station :) One out of my three little dragons.

As an update, in my neighborhood we had one enrichment attempt by the Libyans, whom allegedly were either high/drunk. Both of them are in jail now, for sexual harassment and assault on police officer.. So much for diversity and moderate Islam.

On the other hand, there were a bunch of load of domestic violence tragedies committed by us and the campaign to propagate and uphold women rights and safety is in full swing. I am fine with that, but I think that it is futile because no matter how much you protect them their drives will urge them to look for the thug.

Also on the political/security side, Bosnia is in panic as a huge wave of 100.000 migrants is hitting their shores and security experts say that 90% of them are ISIS fighters.

Interesting times, sadly.
                              Last edited by Versus; 19 May 18,, 18:24.

Comment

• Hi Versus,

I'm glad you're back!

Comment

Working...
                                X