This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
    Problem being that 99% of Ladies are not radical left wing nutcases. My husband doesn't fall into pareto BS. He is very different from me - from a very different background. He is a farmer mostly and very practical whereas I love academia, history, have theories etc... I love to travel; he had never been to Kyiv before he met me. He needs to be at home (my family's home is quite close) but most of time for work I am away. So what? He is a great man - no he is not a 'hero' that you might get some adventure film but there is another type of hero; the solid one who just keeps buggering on regardless come snow or rain. Someone has to keep life going while everything is going on; to grow food, make cheese, feed goats and chickens etc, keep things going so there is a home to come back to. They too are heroes in their own way - and in many ways far stronger than people like myself. I respect him because that who he is and I love him because he makes life so simple, is kind and gentle, polite and funny. No pareto BS just recognising the strengths he has which I do not have so much. Certainly super husband and father material.
    Paragraphs....

Nobody reads slabs of run-on text.

You've got to hit that enter key twice and put separate ideas and points on separate lines.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Versus View Post
      Maybe it is a bullshit but on the other hand, maybe it is not. Also no one takes into the account the Serbs from Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo that fled to Serbia. That obscures the real state of affairs.
      https://knoema.com/atlas/Serbia/Fertility-rate
      Serbia has a poor, unstable economy and its citizens have uncertain future economic prospects.

In the economically stable countries in the West, it takes a long time to acquire an education to assure a stable middle/upper-middle class income, and student debts interfere with the ability to get a mortgage.

I would refer you again to Benjamin Franklin's Observations Concerning the Increase of Mankind, Peopling of Countries, etc.

Ignore the old-timey 1700s racism and focus on the core of the argument.

Divorce also has an economic aspect to it. Used to be hundreds of years ago, or even just decades ago - the job you had was assured for life. You were a farmer or fisherman, your father and his father were, and your son and his sons will be as well. Might have been a hard life, but that's all they knew and it was stable.

Nowadays, if a man's job is rendered obsolete, or he gets laid off and is forced to take lower pay at another job - this is a critical factor that leads to many divorces.

Yet in the face of facts, we've got people who are in complete denial of reality, going around fabricating BS ideological narratives about paretos, r/k-types, incels, and biological "prerogatives".

It's the economy, stupid.
      Last edited by Ironduke; 08 May 18,, 04:54.

Comment

• If you cannot read a paragraph that long stay away from Tolstoy.

Comment

If you cannot read a paragraph that long stay away from Tolstoy.
          Nobody is reading 95% your posts, and likewise, 95% of Versus's posts.

You can blame everyone else, but everyone is just scrolling past them, because they lacked proper formatting.

This is an internet forum known as the 'World Affairs Board', not the 'Tolstoy Affairs Board'.
          Last edited by Ironduke; 07 May 18,, 12:55.

Comment

• I am not used to working as tabloid journalist who recounts 'sex scandals' who's readers need one line paragraphs. Thucydides maybe 2-3 paragraphs a page. Tolstoy someone none for pages. Depends how you were raised I suppose.

Comment

I am not used to working as tabloid journalist who recounts 'sex scandals' who's readers need one line paragraphs. Thucydides maybe 2-3 paragraphs a page. Tolstoy someone none for pages. Depends how you were raised I suppose.
              95% of your posts are being ignored and scrolled right past - again, you can blame everyone else, or you can start learning the use of the enter key.

You obviously want people to read your views and ideas - why not format your posts in a manner that accommodates your intended audience?

It's just an enter key. It's not that big of a deal to use it.

If you learn how to use it, you might get more responses to your posts. If you don't want to use the enter key - it's nobody's fault but yours that your posts are going unread.

You can go on all you want about Tolstoy, Thucydides, and tabloid journalism - but from now on, I will never take the time to read slabs of texts that lack breaks for separate ideas and points.

I was ignoring 90% of slabs o' run-on text before, now I'm upping that to 100%.
              Last edited by Ironduke; 07 May 18,, 13:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                Serbia has a poor, unstable economy and its citizens have uncertain future economic prospects.

In the economically stable countries in the West, it takes a long time to acquire an education to assure a stable middle/upper-middle class income, and student debts interfere with the ability to get a mortgage.

I would refer you again to Benjamin Franklin's Observations Concerning the Increase of Mankind, Peopling of Countries, etc.

Ignore the old-timey 1700s racism and focus on the core of the argument.

Divorce also has an economic aspect to it. Used to be hundreds of years ago, or even just decades ago - the job you had was assured for life. You were a farmer or fisherman, your father and his father were, and your son and his sons will be as well. Might have been a hard life, but that's all they knew and it was stable.

Nowadays, if a man's job is rendered obsolete, or he gets laid off and is forced to take lower pay at another job - this is a critical factor that leads to many divorces.

Yet in the face of facts, we've got people who are in complete denial of reality, going around fabricating BS ideological narratives about paretos, r/k-types, incels, and biological "prerogatives".

It's the economy, stupid.
                It has to do with the loss of faith for the future. Economy has nothing to do with it, but it contributes. US,Eu,Japan also have declining birth rates yet they are the pillars of stability and economy. Plus feminism indoctrination. R and K selections are proven facts as well as biological prerogatives. Hard to digest, yes, but its the truth never the less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Versus View Post
                  its the truth never the less.
                  Nope, it's just an ideological belief system. People have been fabricating ideologies, belief systems, institutions, practices, and religions out of whole cloth since our species first gained consciousness, and what you're doing is no different than what millions have done before, in a multitude of different ways.

These ideologies, belief systems, etc. et al: some are good, some are bad. Some are sometimes good or bad, depending on the individual practicing it. Some have been good or bad, at different times in history, and become obsolete in time. Some are better or worse than others.

The one you're pushing is bad.

I'll just leave it at that. There's really nothing more to be said.
                  Last edited by Ironduke; 07 May 18,, 14:04.

Comment

• Thing is countries with far more scarcity have high birth rates still - look at Africa.

There is an argument that suggest the survival rate of children dictates how many children a couple will have. Children being a form of old age insurance - to look after the parents later.

Comment

Nope, it's just an ideological belief system. People have been fabricating ideologies, belief systems, institutions, practices, and religions out of whole cloth since our species first gained consciousness, and what you're doing is no different than what millions have done before, in a multitude of different ways.

These ideologies, belief systems, etc. et al: some are good, some are bad. Some are sometimes good or bad, depending on the individual practicing it. Some have been good or bad, at different times in history, and become obsolete in time. Some are better or worse than others.

The one you're pushing is bad.

I'll just leave it at that. There's really nothing more to be said.
                      It's biology and thus evolutionary psychology
                      https://www.cbsnews.com/news/women-m...are-ovulating/
                      https://www.colorado.edu/today/2011/...searchers-find
                      https://www.livescience.com/8779-fer...manly-men.html

Comment

I see it as a Venn Diagram of sorts.

I believe most women are looking for a combination of stability (this means a stable income, the higher the better, and a stable future, the better the prospects, the better) in a man, combined with personality. Most women will pick a man they can find, who is within her means to attain, with the optimal combination of both of these traits.

I believe most men are looking for a combination of attractiveness, combined with personality. Most men will pick a woman they can find, who is within his means to attain, with the optimal combination of both of these traits.

When women pick high income and ignore personality, and men pick attractiveness but ignore personality, that's where many of the problems start.

The personality traits desired by each sex are, of course, variable, depending on the individual preferences of each man or woman. These traits may also change over the course of an individual's lifetime, which is where we see divorces, affairs, and "serial monogamy" in general.

I think male-female relationships do have more complexity that what I've just stated, but this is my basic "101" takeaway, based upon what I've observed.

As an aside, it's a shame that we live in such an entitlement society.

A society where some men feel so entitled to sex that they run women over with vans when they don't get sex, or douse them in acid, so the woman can never have a normal life with another man.

A society where some women feel so entitled that they will take a man for everything he's worth, deny him a relationship with his children and turn them against him, and leave him to die as he drinks himself to death, dies prematurely from a heart attack or a stroke, or commits suicide.
                        Yeah, sort of. Women are looking for one set of things, men are looking for another set of things, and couples that form have mutually satisfactory exchanges. The real problem as I see it is that we are very much refuse to see the economic realities of this obviously market exchange, because it is too distasteful. There's also a lot of deliberate obfuscation and white-washing of certain things women like, because impugning women's morality is a norm violation in American culture.

Also, while there is definitely an entitlement culture in the US, we have lots and lots and LOTS of articles asking "where all the good men have gone." If, for some reason, society is failing boys so completley that women now make up 60% of all college grads, we don't care. UNTIL it's time to march girls down the wedding aisle, because girls with college degrees should not be expected to marry boys without college degrees: men without college degrees are not marriageable. Where have all the good men gone?!
                        These typically come from women that are a bit more advanced in age and are now finally facing dating market realities of older women....IE, they aren't as hot as they used to be, so they have a much harder time getting a man. That's just reality, yet "where have all the good men gone"?

In contrast, there are NO articles asking "Where all the sluts?! We need more sluts!"

These guys are obviously unhealthy but it's pretty damn obvious they are at the short-end of the market. Most of them aren't dangerous, just angry and depressed. The few weirdos like ER and this fucker are sick in the head and are just using an excuse to get their rocks off by killing people. Even if they were romantically succesful, they'd still be abusive fuckers.
                        "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                          In contrast, there are NO articles asking "Where all the sluts?! We need more sluts!"
                          Hotel bars in downtowns. They're usually in their 40s/early 50s, but that's where you find them.

If you don't want any accidental kids or even a call back, that's a good place to start.

Comment

• Can I just say what we are all thinking? If you have a decent job, ride and your own place backed up by even half a heart and semi decent personality there is some woman who will think to her self, "hmm, I could do worse". These men's problem is they keep thinking, "hmmm I could do better".

Happy relationships invovle both parties thinking they could do worse and busting tail to make sure the other never thinks they can do better.
                            Last edited by zraver; 09 May 18,, 13:56.

Comment

• It's not that simple for a lot of guys. A lot of girls will look at a guy's dating profile and think "oh my god, what a great catch," see his utterly boring personality, and pass. That happened to my one buddy who got nexted like 60 times in a year.

Also, if you can't do the mating dance, you're usually fucked in the not-actually-fucked way. Sure, a girl might be willing to tolerate your quirks, but most girls still expect guys to make first move or escalate appropriately.

And then you have to make sure you're not getting a bunch of associated baggage with it. I know DE mentions that attractive girls put out a ton of shit, but the worst personalities are associated with the worst looks and the worst locations, all from the trailer park. You don't want to end up like my co-worker who was desperate as shit and ended up with a land whale who cheats him on a couple times a year.

Overall you don't want to get stuck with someone who is consciously just settling with you because she wants your money and you're good enough. These guys need to learn seductive skill-sets in order to be happy, it's that simple.
                              "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                                Can I just say what we are all thinking? If you have a decent job, ride and your own place backed up by even half a heart and semi decent personality there is some woman who will think to her self, "hmm, I could do worse". These men's problem is they keep thinking, "hmmm I could do better".

Happy relationships invovle both parties thinking they could do worse and busting tail to make sure the other never thinks they can do better.
                                I prize mobility, flexibility, and experiences over material possessions. I have very low overhead, and have relatively high income when the contract work is there. I send a substantial portion of my earnings to family members in need, and when work is slow, I visit to provide to labor and goods that they need, at no cost to them.

What I do is extremely rare for a white college-educated American to do, perhaps almost unheard of, but it's a very common practice in various immigrant communities.

If a woman is looking to make a home, and fill it with children, as they oft tend to do, I'm not an option. So I pursue other options. To be honest, the fear of potentially being devastated in a divorce, or being trapped in a terrible marriage, is also on the back of my mind. It isn't the primary motivating factor influencing why I do what I do though.

I don't really think my personality and background is suitable for a stable marriage anyways, at least not until I'm in my 50s. At that point I might consider being a 50-something bachelor with a 40-something spinster girlfriend, keeping separate finances and separate homes.
                                Last edited by Ironduke; 09 May 18,, 15:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X