Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Bachelor Cuisine

Quote Originally Posted by kato View Post
    Which may be a bit of a problem at the moment.

I'd have to scavenge through at least three supermarkets just to get some rice at the moment...

(well, at least if i didn't have enough for at least a week worth in meals at home)
    If you are worried about getting rice avoid supermarkets and head to a Chinese/Indian or comparable food store. My local supermarket is out of rice, the chinese supermarket across the road has bags full, and the Indian food store 10 minutes walk away (at the end of my street) has it piled floor to ceiling. The only issue is that you'll have to buy 5kg or more. ;-)

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Resident Curmudgeon Military Professional Gun Grape's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella View Post
    The only issue is that you'll have to buy 5kg or more. ;-)
    So a weeks worth

That trick doesn't work here. All the local asian food markets are out.
    Human Scum. Proud Never Trumper

Senior Contributor
    My local supermarket put a pallet of canned red beans near the front today. By the time i got there it was halfway gone, and normally about no one buys that stuff here.

I kinda cheated on the empty rice shelf and grabbed the couscous next to it. Half the stock that they still had, enough for daily meals for two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by kato View Post
    Which may be a bit of a problem at the moment.

I'd have to scavenge through at least three supermarkets just to get some rice at the moment...

(well, at least if i didn't have enough for at least a week worth in meals at home)
    Check out Asian stores, Indians/Paks/Bangladeshis. No problem here till now. My parents haven't witnessed food crisis or food crisis generated from another crisis. If situation goes south, I'll start stockpiling rice, pulses, salt, oils, soybeans and whatever else is needed.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Onion pakora recipe:

Onion - 2 medium sized (sliced finely)
    Green chillies - 4 medium length (slit vertically, then cut into small pieces)
    Cilantro - a handful (sliced finely)
    Black salt - to taste (helps in digestion), can use ordinary white salt too
    Black pepper - 1 tea spoon
    Corn flour - 4 table spoon
    Wheat flour - 1 table spoon

Mix everything in a bowl with a little water first. Add more water, if needed. Should be a thick batter.

Heat any neutral oil.

Make small portions with hand & deep fry until golden brown. Enjoy the lockdown!!!

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2020-03-27 at 6.20.45 PM.jpeg
Views: 41
Size:  151.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Oracle; 27 Mar 20, at 15:10.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Okay, everything is related. Pregnant ladies are advised not to eat pineapple or raw papaya, as there are chances they might trigger miscarriage. In small quantities, those might be okay, but here in the sub-continent, pregnant ladies do not eat them at all.

Okay, got some pork in this lockdown.

Name:  Pork.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  115.3 KB

It's very warm now. Days pass eating these to cool off.

Name:  1.jpg
Size:  228.0 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Size:  383.9 KB

^ These came all the way from Karnataka.

Thread Information