Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Bachelor Cuisine

The above is Ghost pepper. Season is here folks.

Plucked 4 from the plant today morning. Had 70% of 1 for lunch. Will eat the remaining 30% for dinner. Planning to keep the remaining 3 for seeds, will plant next year, around March. The heat is intense, but the scent is awesome. Building immunity. :D

Name:  Ghost.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  585.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

Don't know how 2 pics came into being in the above post.

About a month back, i bought 250gms of this particular chilli (INR 20). I wasn't sure about the heat, so I asked the dude selling it. He said, 'it's like bullet'. I ate one raw (my usual method to check the heat), and found them to be quite good in terms of heat. Washed them, sun-dried them for 1 day to get rid of the moisture, then made 2 varieties of pickles.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  350.8 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  348.8 KB

1st variety - chilli paste in grinder, then mixed it with mustard oil, indian spices and some vinegar and salt for longevity.

Views: 317
Size:  222.4 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  226.2 KB

/\/\/\ This is done, gone, kaput. I ate it with breakfast, lunch and dinner, and had to hear so many comments about getting stomach ulcer. Moms you see. I'm still fit, with an increase in bodily immunity.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Oracle; 17 Nov 18, at 14:59.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles!

Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain!

2nd variety - whole chilli, slit through the middle, indian spices, mustard oil, salt and vinegar.

Name:  20181117_083646.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  233.7 KB

OK, here is something easy & tasty using frozen potato gems.

*Put a bunch of potato gems on a tray - about one third of a big tray or half a small one.

*Cook in the oven for 10 minutes at the indicated temperature.

*Take out, group the gems in a circle in the middle of the tray and add some toppings. The key ingredient here is shredded 'pizza cheese' from the supermarket. You could just use that, but I like more flavour. I grate some parmesan & sprinkle it on the gems first, then some shredded ham, then the cheese, and finally some chopped salami on top. Bacon bits would work just as well. You could also add spices or dried herbs (an 'italian' mix for instance).

*Back in the oven on the top shelf until the cheese is melted and the salami/bacon bits look a bit crisp. Don't overdo it or some of the gems in the middle might start to disintegrate a bit.

*Slide onto a plate. Done!

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Name:  Free Range Chicken.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  302.6 KB
    Name:  Free Range Chicken Curry.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  328.2 KB

Yum!
    Last edited by Oracle; 01 Dec 18, at 15:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironduke View Post
    Sadly, 16 days later, I'm down to my last package of cheese, and I'm all out of knackwurst. I did give away a package of knackwurst and a container of the cheese to a friend, but I've managed to eat 50 knackwursten (10lbs/4.5kg) and nine 10 oz packages (2.55kg) of gouda and cheddar.

It was delicious, and it went a long way, for just ~$22. I'll always look back fondly at these last 16 days, and it'll be a tale to tell my future cardiologist.

On the other hand, I did manage to cut my milk consumption back from 3 gallons a week to just a half-gallon per week while the cheese lasted, and ate no sour cream, cottage cheese, or yogurt either during that time. That ought to mitigate some of the potential plaque buildup in the arteries.
    I know this is the bachelor's cuisine thread, but do you eat anything that's green?????

We ended up getting a new stove/oven. The last one had some gas leaks in the lines that fed to the actual stove. I was interested in replacing it, but Mrs. GVChamp didn't see the point in repairing a 20 year old appliance, so we got a new one.

Tried some spatchcocked chicken last night. That broiler pumps out a lot of juice compared to the old oven. I'm guessing the old oven also had a gas leak somewhere I couldn't see....

One thing I really like is a 20k BTU front burner. You want coffee in the morning? NP, kettle is ready in about 2 minutes.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Former Staff Senior Contributor Ironduke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GVChamp View Post
    I know this is the bachelor's cuisine thread, but do you eat anything that's green?????
    Didn't have a kitchen at my last place in Minneapolis, and had just a small mini-fridge. Now I've got a kitchen and ample fridge/freezer space. Been eating a lot of chicken stir fry with vegetables for dinner lately. I usually make it with broccoli, green beans, peppers, scallions, and onions. I bring an orange, apple, a couple bananas, and some baby carrots with me to snack on at work.
    Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. All you've got left in the end... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.

So, I got these organic chillies. Chillies make me happy. Makes me awake. Builds my immunity. Dude was selling 1 piece for 2 bucks, bargained for 1 piece for 1 bucks. Got them. Also got some chicken.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  121.3 KB
Size:  107.3 KB

Made chicken curry, watery chicken curry. As far as I know, only Bongs make it. That is, use spices, oil and masalas as much you want, but the curry should be super thin. Then sprinkle garam masala powder over it.

Name:  3.jpg
Size:  107.4 KB

Yummy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GVChamp View Post

We ended up getting a new stove/oven. The last one had some gas leaks in the lines that fed to the actual stove. I was interested in replacing it, but Mrs. GVChamp didn't see the point in repairing a 20 year old appliance, so we got a new one.

Tried some spatchcocked chicken last night. That broiler pumps out a lot of juice compared to the old oven. I'm guessing the old oven also had a gas leak somewhere I couldn't see....

One thing I really like is a 20k BTU front burner. You want coffee in the morning? NP, kettle is ready in about 2 minutes.
    You eat greens more, you become a horse! :D
    Eat meat, and build power.

Thread Information