Millions of Americans Go To Mexico for Healthcare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millions of Americans Go To Mexico for Healthcare

An article from Cracked, but interesting nonetheless. Mixing a little comedy into serious topics always makes them more enjoyable.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-expe...ealthcare.html

I've been honestly thinking of doing this myself. Health insurance companies are a pain to deal with. You go to see a doctor and you think everything's taken care of, but then you have to sit on the phone for hours at a time for potentially months on end to resolve a billing issue, fax in all kinds of paperwork, and possibly be denied, there's denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions, and a laundry list of other problems.

Instead? Take a vacation somewhere in the southern US, make an appointment on the other side for whatever medical needs you have, then cross back and enjoy the rest of your vacation. The double benefit is avoiding the stress and hassle of dealing with the insurance company while getting away from everything for a few days. Seems like a win-win.

Personally, I think I'm going to have my next dentist appointment down there. I'm in my 30s and still no cavities AFAIK, but I'm about 4 years overdue for a checkup. Just avoid the shady parts of town and be in and out.
    Last edited by Ironduke; 01 Apr 18,, 02:01.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
    Just avoid the shady parts of town and be in and out.
    Wheres the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
      Wheres the fun in that?
      The cartels are a real killjoy these days. Otherwise I'd be all in.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

You used to be able to see how close you were to the EU external border from the outside by the massive increase in dentist offices when driving through Hungary twenty years ago (Czech Republic as opposed to that by the massive increase in street prostitution...).

Nowadays Hungary is far outstripped in such travel by Romania and Bulgaria. Greece is joining that section too more recently, which is more an indication of their economic downfall. And like with Hungary before, you combine that with sightseeing and tourism. The Gold Coast is just more attractive than Lake Balaton.

Travel to outside the EU for that thing has effectively ceased since about ten years ago somewhat remarkably. There's a handful such offerings in Moldavia and a few in Albania, next to none for other non-EU countries. If you just want to get work done without the vacation, you get it at home and outsource the more pricey manual labor components to China.

Comment

Working...
        X