No announcement yet.

Tillerson fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of being let go, fired, or dismissed we still have a Secretary of Education on the payroll who came across as a nitwit on 60 Minutes.

Comment

Curious if anyone has any thoughts on the upcoming promotion of Gina Hapsel to the position of CIA Director.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

But some sounded more wary, saying that Pompeo has a hawkish reputation and little diplomatic experience.
        This is what i thought. From the little i've heard Pompeo sounds like the exact opposite of what the top diplomat should be. Then again he wasn't speaking in the capacity of a diplomat but as a CIA head.

Not that Haley is an improvement.
        Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Mar 18,, 18:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
          This is what i thought. From the little i've heard Pompeo sounds like the exact opposite of what the top diplomat should be. Then again he wasn't speaking in the capacity of a diplomat but as a CIA head.
          I guess we'll wait and see.

Not that Haley is an improvement.
          I see Haley as basically an opportunist who's grandstanding with an eye toward future political office. No mystery which one. If she had been brought in as Secretary of State, she'd just leverage that office to suit her future political ambitions as well.

So hard not to be so cynical in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
            I see Haley as basically an opportunist who's grandstanding with an eye toward future political office. No mystery which one. If she had been brought in as Secretary of State, she'd just leverage that office to suit her future political ambitions as well.

So hard not to be so cynical in this day and age.
            She'd be up against Palin.

Palin adds colour to any election.

I thought Palin was MIA in the last election : D
            Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Mar 18,, 18:48.

Comment

As Secretary of State CIA Director Mike Pompeo, seems like a more polished version of John R. Bolton, not a big fan of that.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                i don't think ANYONE thought Rex was doing a good job. he had no influence within the Administration and his one pet project, "streamlining" the State Dept, was a complete botch-job.
                Regarding this I heard a good analogy.

Looking at the unfilled key slots across DOS...If this was the DOD it would be the equivalent of 4 out 9 combatant commands, 5 out 12 divisions and 47% of the brigades without a commander for the active force.

That is a leadership vacuum for sure.
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                  Then its a wonder he lasted this long. Maybe Trump being polite. Let him finish the year.
                  Trump despite being world-famous for the "you're fired" line, doesn't seem to actually like firing people, from what I can tell. He prefers to marginalize, belittle, and use whatever other tactics he can to push them to make the decision themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                    I wonder if Tillerson's public announcement of support for the UK position against the Russian poisoning had anything to do with it.
                    I would say yes. In Trump OCD mind any mention of Russian critism is seen as confirmation of a only possible with Russian Aid 2018 Presidential Victory. He can't even percieve of the consquences and fall out. Captain Choas. I think he would have still won even with out Russian meddling his words and tweets were out there as was Clinton's. I would not be surprise if there is no colusion found, but because of Trumps narcissistic make up he just keeps the the fire going.

Comment

Looking at the unfilled key slots across DOS...If this was the DOD it would be the equivalent of 4 out 9 combatant commands, 5 out 12 divisions and 47% of the brigades without a commander for the active force.

the thing is, if Trump or Tillerson had come in and said, "i think DOS is too bloated and doing a lot of stuff I have no interest in them doing", outlined principles/intent, and then cut people down in an orderly fashion...that'd be one thing.

it'd be a remarkably poor decision but at least it'd be logical.

as far as i can tell the cuts were completely haphazard-- positions were left open because no one had thought about filling them, or positions were cut because Kushner or Ivanka wanted a piece of the action. some other random cuts from the "streamlining". no reasons given, just a cut. this caused a morale drain which led to even more people leaving and empty positions in place, with acting personnel with neither the rank nor the influence nor the power trying to fill in.

it's terrible being in DoS now, not just from the cuts but also knowing that the WH frankly doesn't give a flaming fart about any of the recommendations being forwarded up.
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	2
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	1476156

Lucifer = Mike Pompeo;
                        St. Peter = Rex Tillerson;
                        Pol Pot = Gina Haspel;

LMAO!!!
                        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

So should we think of Rex like Rumsfield.

Do more with less

If the results keep up then you can show there was too much bloat
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Mar 18,, 21:13.

Comment

What a fucking circus. You guys are making the succession of shitfully bad governments we have had here look good by comparison.

A man who should never have had the position & did a terrible job gets publicly humiliated & eventually fired by tweet when he won't quit.

It is just depressing to watch.
                            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                              Curious if anyone has any thoughts on the upcoming promotion of Gina Hapsel to the position of CIA Director.
                              At least it's not Tom Cotton.

Comment

oh and not just Rex got fired: Steve Goldstein, undersecretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs, was also fired for daring to say publicly that Tillerson had no idea why he was being fired.
                                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X